• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm probably sitting close to you Jerry. Bit closer to the Menzies stand though. Will keep an eye out for a guy on an iPhone - won't be too many, eh? ;)

not happy with that. Hats off to you guys at the club Larissa but when you have such a fickle support group to work with, it really doesn't help. We had the following:

- 2 wins in a row (now 3)
- clear weather
- Good Friday so no one was working
- Not on TV until 930pm

It was all working in our favour and we still only got 14, 650?

Sometimes I really hate the people on the Northern Beaches. Get to a Grand Final and 60, 000 turn up...it was raining that night as well by the end. Have a game on the Beaches where everything but holidays are in our favour and we still fall 4,000 short...not happy.

As said at the start: Larissa, you all did a great job. If it wasn't for you we'd be at 10000, not 14000. However, unlike the Swans, you are dealing with a bunch of extremely fickle bunch of fans who really don't care about the colours until we are at Homebush.

(I'm drunk before anyone wants to tear me apart so :p)

Do we think if there was more actual seats more people would come? Rather than a few benches and a hill?

alot of people won't come because of the facilities/atmosphere. I wouldn't take my family (wife and 2 girls) and I have another mate who is the same. It's a shame but no chance because of writings below. Probably loads like me.
Larissa, if you are reading this, don't take offence, it ain't your fault. The language of many at the ground and facilities would keep many families away (low crowds). Some on our hill (Manly fans) swear black and blue most of the game, really loud and use references that they wouldn't use (being a hero) because of the safety of standing in the bunch. Probably their green light to get out all their frustrations every week.
I imagine, like me, that there are loads of guys there without their families so that probably loses an extra 1500-2000 people inside the ground (assuming mum and 2 kids average)

The other thing is that is on tele and at the pub. Last night, for me, I have to sit in the freezing cold, travel 2 hours each way, arrive home at 11.30pm and it has cost $25-55 (if I don't want to stand on hill all night) for the hill/stand, $30 for petrol and $25 on food etc so up to 100 bucks just for me. I love it though and have done it for 25 years but can understand that many can't afford that type of cost. Whilst this doesn't affect me, families are struggling with rising costs. I read recently that US Football (Gridion) clubs have all lowered their seating prices as America is in financial chaos and people aren't attending.

1 more thing, many supporters travel a fair way and so some just can't make it. The guys I go with are from Penrith, Campbelltown etc. Loads on here are from country, interstate and even overseas. Wollongong was the same, locals didn't really fully support Steelers and eventually went down the tube.
I imagine the Sea Eagles rely on us, out of towners to add to fill the joint (in reference to 60,000 at Homebush in 2008) Thing is, that day was the glory day and for many who flew in etc that's the only game they can make. Look at Cam, Spook etc spend loads of money and time to come and watch from QLD. Spook stayed for 3 weeks, how many guys can do that/able to?? Then you have locals who can't be bothered 10 minutes away but whinge when we give games away to make money due to inadequate corporate and numbers.

Have to agree with some of those comments. I go to pretty much every game at Brookie, but the facilities and catering are a major turn off. I took a mate last night and he probably won't go back, paying $25 bucks to sit on a patch of grass is not all that inviting, long queus for toilet and bar/food don't help either and paying $5.30 for a can and $8 for a mid strength bourbon, I can see why people would rather sit at home or at the pub and watch the footy, it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Personally I love being there in the crowd so I'll happily pay for the experience, but I wouldn't take my wife or daughter as my mrs would being whinging non stop about the cost and fact that she was sitting on the grass. I'm old school and was raised sitting on hills at sporting events, it was a sad day when the SCG lost the famous Hill.:(

Die hard fans will go to brookie no mater what. It's the families and general community of the beaches that the club need to target to get to the games. Maybe lowering the GA prices would help. And was the bar on the hill closed last night, while I was lining up for ever at the one behind the hill someone was complaining about the bar up there not open. Looked open but were they just selling food?

25 for the wet grass or 22-25 at other big venues for a seat (sit up back with cover) top facilities including food, seating, parking and toilets? We are now catering for die hards but that won't help in long term future. Look at Suncorp and quality there.

get a season ticket if you want cheaper than $25 for those complaining.

There was a bay in ken arthurson stand 25% full so more seats wouldnt help much.

Bar was open to btw

I think some of you are directing your criticism of tepid crowd numbers to the wrong side of the ground. The Hill was pretty full last night, yet I look over at the fancy Ken Arthurson stand and there were 100 or more empty seats. In all this year's matches at Brookie the Ken Arthurson stand has not been full.
Why is this? Aren't they supposed to be the best seats in the joint? These are the 'faint hearted' supporters who should bear the brunt of the criticism.
Nothing beats the atmosphere on The Hill. I had a group of nine, two of which were 'Riff supporters, and it was enjoyable. The grass was dry, and we were able to sit and gain a great view. I think we should be praising the die hard supporters who brave the elements and sit/stand on The Hill each match.
However, $25 per person is way too high.

I took the missus and young fella with me last night and sat on the hill . (I am a STH is the FM stand ) I was actually emarrassed to have them with me because of the drunken morons all around us, and the fish in a can squashed in feeling . Sorry , but if that is life as a GA footy fan these days , then there is absolutely no way on earth I will ever take the family to Brookie again. I love the place to death and have been going there for 35 years now, but the ammenities and seating arrangements are farcical. I will stick to my seat in the FM stand for now , but It does show that instead of 3 of us going , it is only going to be 1 from now .A crowd of 14600 was posted and that felt pretty full , if a crowd of 17000 ever rocks up the place will simply be bedlam .

Fluffy said:

I'm sure all of us who post are season ticket holders. But the family and friends we occasionally manage to cajole into coming are not and have to fork out $25 each to sit on The Hill. I had eight family/friends paying that last night. It is way too high, and I'm sure a reason why we are not totally full each match.

Darren said:
25 for the wet grass or 22-25 at other big venues for a seat (sit up back with cover) top facilities including food, seating, parking and toilets? We are now catering for die hards but that won't help in long term future. Look at Suncorp and quality there.

I was at suncorp 2 weeks back for the monday night game. Paid $44.00 for the ticket and it wasnt covered. We got wet, very wet and were not able to move our seats, we could have stood outside the dunny and been dry but no game

Not disagreeing with you just stating a fact

Sorry Darren can't agree with you. I travel each way 1.5 hours and have always taken my wife and kids. We sit on the hill and whilst the language can sometimes be colourful I dont find it too bad it's all part of the experience. The facilities aren't ideal, however this would never stop me from going to the game I will watch the eagles anywhere. It's a vicious cycle & unless we become less fickle and start to get decent crowds we won't get a major sponsor or improvements at brooky oval. Please no more excuses get to the games!

The Who said:
Fluffy said:

I'm sure all of us who post are season ticket holders. But the family and friends we occasionally manage to cajole into coming are not and have to fork out $25 each to sit on The Hill. I had eight family/friends paying that last night. It is way too high, and I'm sure a reason why we are not totally full each match.

That's is right, the club needs to target these people and make it more inviting for them to come along to the games, the more they enjoy the experience, the more they are likely to come back and the more likely they are to become members/season ticket holders. Bigger crowds = bigger membership. It's not rocket science.

At how many of these great venues people are throwing up can you sit smack bang on halfway, close to the action for $25 ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2