Crowd & Promotion for this Friday’s game at Brookie?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Only 11,832 went to ANZ tonight to see the Riff beat the Scumdogs. We got a better crowd at a suburban ground for a game involving a non-Sydney team than there was at ANZ for two teams from Sydney fighting for a top 4 spot.

For their last two games at ANZ, the Scumdogs have drawn a total attendance of 21,705. With ANZ having a capacity of 84,000 that's a total of 146,295 empty seats across two games (an average of 73,147.5 empty seats per game). Such a good look on television.....

But Manly fans are the ones continually accused of refusing to go anywhere but Brookvale Oval for a game.

HoldenV8 said:
Only 11,832 went to ANZ tonight to see the Riff beat the Scumdogs. We got a better crowd at a suburban ground for a game involving a non-Sydney team than there was at ANZ for two teams from Sydney fighting for a top 4 spot.

For their last two games at ANZ, the Scumdogs have drawn a total attendance of 21,705. With ANZ having a capacity of 84,000 that's a total of 146,295 empty seats across two games (an average of 73,147.5 empty seats per game). Such a good look on television.....

But Manly fans are the ones continually accused of refusing to go anywhere but Brookvale Oval for a game.

Yes none of these poor crowds by Dogs will get brought up by the media when talking about bad crowds and non traveling fans. This is a poor crowd considering it was 2 Western Sydney teams both in top 5 of table.

Actually that's a superior way of measuring crowd figures HV8, brilliant. Subtract the crowd from the capacity of the ground. So tonight we had a figure of (20k-13k) 7000 empty seats. Most clubs would be stoked with that.

Yeah I doubt we'll see a headline saying something like:

"Fans stay away from Scumdogs games"

Probably get something more along the lines of:

"Poor finals crowds in 2014 blamed on Manly fans refusal to travel south of the bridge"

Got to love this one on news.com.au

"Fully sick Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran gets Sea Eagles flying in win over Brisbane"

http://www.news.com.au/sport/fully-sick-manly-fiveeighth-kieran-foran-gets-sea-eagles-flying-in-win-over-brisbane/story-fnaqgujp-1227010679376

Thanks for that presser-link @HoldenV8

Foz was outstanding, especially considering he was crook.

Killer looked disturbing back in Eels colours; even if he said he quite liked it!

A crowd of less than 13k may have been underwhelming (as far as the promotion went). Sure it was a chilly night at Brookie though too.

IF we can get the reno's happeneing and upgrade the old girl, we might be able to host a semi-final again someday (coz we all know we'll be in em!)

What's everyone's predictions for the crowd number for tonight's game against the Tigpies??

A wet & cold Friday night game... I'm thinking under 10,000... My prediction is 9,108 hardy souls.

Seeing as the weather is garbage in the area today, we are doing badly, and it is a free to air live game, I think 5,500 at best.

Hope it's way over that, but don't see it.

I'll be there on the hill, at least there will be plenty of room.

crowd in the 7,000 would be my bet - could even be 6,000. Fair play to whoever does turn up tonight they are true fans. 8,000 would absolute max & wouldn't bet on it at all.

Had a work do and turned tele on at 78th minute and first thing I see is Steve Matai clutching his neck. What was the crowd by the way?

Well done to all that turned up tonight. It was a cold but very rewarding game to watch. Always nice to see the Snake get over for a couple.

It's always good to be at Brooky. It's even better with a show like that. We got a little wet and a lot cold but it felt like we had our team back firing again.

Stood on the hill. It didn't even rain, almost.
It's still an experience so far superior to going to a big stadium that it's barely comparable. Anyone who thinks we're better off with an all seater ground is just a noise maker who supports another club and is trying to kill us off.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4