Crowd & Promotion for this Friday’s game at Brookie?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader

What sort of crowd should we get for this Friday? If we are serious sporting team with great local support, we need to post something in excess of a 16,000 crowd to get a pass mark?

This is not the NRL Channel 9 game live into Sydney & the Family General Admission tickets are only $50 (or $45, if Member purchased for a friend), plus it’s the 2nd last home game at Brookie for the year – what else should we say ….. ?

We’ve got to get the message out there ... and get the supporters who only go ... once or two games a year ... & live locally to get to this game! We have a real special team that needs to be applauded what they have achieved to date or the greatness they need to go to that next level!).

Eagles Nest 08 said:

What sort of crowd should we get for this Friday? If we are serious sporting team with great local support, we need to post something in excess of a 16,000 crowd to get a pass mark?

This is not the NRL Channel 9 game live into Sydney & the Family General Admission tickets are only $50 (or $45, if Member purchased for a friend), plus it’s the 2nd last home game at Brookie for the year – what else should we say ….. ?

We’ve got to get the message out there ... and get the supporters who only go ... once or two games a year ... & live locally to get to this game! We have a real special team that needs to be applauded what they have achieved to date or the greatness they need to go to that next level!).
And as well get down before kick off time of 5.20 pm and cheer and support our Holden Cup boys who are now in the 8th position on the ladder they are up against the 6th placed Broncos. Both will be cracker of games and hope we get 2 wins on the night.

Its locals only as the Broncos Supporters don't travel :D

14k seems to be a good crowd at Brookie.

It should be a clear night too - maybe the Kids will get their Parents down to pick up the free face masks :cool:

The 9k at AAMI , Allianze and ANZ never see a write up in the Media :huh:

Lucky to get more than the crowd at the Tigers game of 13.4K 3 weeks ago.

I notice a few clubs post images on Social Media detailing about cheap family prices, entertainment and freebies. Would be great to see Manly do some. Maybe @MWSEMembership can pass on the message to the media team.

ManlyArmy said:

I notice a few clubs post images on Social Media detailing about cheap family prices, entertainment and freebies. Would be great to see Manly do some. Maybe @MWSEMembership can pass on the message to the media team.

As well as emails sent to the members and others on the database the info is also promoted on social media here (pretty good numbers of likes/followers) so would get to a fair few of those who's need to know stuff.

https://twitter.com/seaeagles

https://www.facebook.com/ManlySeaEagles

I think we've get more than 16,000, plus 17 Superheros.
Good point made earlier that the Dogs attracted less than 10,000 at ANZ last week. Their supporters don't like the ground, and it does nothing to generate a 'home crowd' advantage.
Apparently teams are rewarded handsomely for playing at ANZ. So, who is actually paying this bribe? ANZ must be losing a fortune with such small crowds, plus the cost of the bribe.
Ultimately it must be we NSW taxpayers are paying for this. And yet that dope Ayres-Head said the NSW government wouldn't be supporting suburban grounds. What does he think is happening at ANZ?

vidmar said:
ManlyArmy said:

As well as emails sent to the members and others on the database the info is also promoted on social media here (pretty good numbers of likes/followers) so would get to a fair few of those who's need to know stuff.

https://twitter.com/seaeagles

https://www.facebook.com/ManlySeaEagles

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles’ facebook page (the official one with 144k likes) where there is some confusion with a similar name (the unofficial one Manly Sea Eagles’ facebook with 23k likes) is a great way to get a broadcast message out there to all the local fans to turn up! Only two Brookie games left ... hurry up buy the tickets now ....!! Turn up this Friday night ...!!

Would love to be there on Friday night but Mrs Mals delivered a mini Sea Eagle supporter on Monday so I'll have my hands full with the little Miss. I reckon we'll get a crowd of just over 15,000 for this one :)

HappilyManly said:
How can you deny a child the joy of her first Brookie win ?

Congratulations @Mals :angel:

Thanks HM :)

Hope to bring her to the Sunday arvo game against the Riff. Just hope by then she can scream the two words "offside ref!!" ;)

HappilyManly said:
How can you deny a child the joy of her first Brookie win ?

Congratulations @Mals :angel:

Ditto, congratulations @Mals on the birth of your mini Sea Eagle supporter :)

ManlyArmy said:

Great promoting by the NRL!

There's a typo on there.

Isn't kickoff more like 8.10?
Or will it be on time as it's it not broadcast live in NSW.

And aren't we known as the Kaspersky Sea Eagles?:p

Mals said:
Would love to be there on Friday night but Mrs Mals delivered a mini Sea Eagle supporter on Monday so I'll have my hands full with the little Miss. I reckon we'll get a crowd of just over 15,000 for this one :)

Hooray!

Congrats to you and Mrs Mals. Sending you 10 hrs of interrupted sleep as a gift!

Thinking around 14,500. Crowd never seems to be that big with out of town teams.

Here is a message to get out to all the Manly supporters (half considering to get to the game tomorrow night) written by a young 14 year old fan …..

The Sea Eagles' performance and never-say-die attitude really shows how much of a tight knit bunch of mates they are, between all the players and their much respected coaching staff.

They now take on the Broncos this Friday August 1st at Brookvale Oval. This is their second last game home game of the season at Fortress Brookvale and it is not live on TV :exclamation: as it's the delayed game and won't be streamed until 9:30pm, when kick off is 2 hours before that. I encourage all Manly supporters to come and cheer the boys all the way to the minor premiership!:D

Kieran Foran & @yo_jorgetaufua will be at @SeaEaglesMerch in Brookvale from 4pm today for snaps and signatures in the new Wolverine jersey!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4