Crowd: 11619, What a joke!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cant believe all the negativity around Brookvale by some people. I just dont get it.

Its a similar crowd to the one we got for a SEMI FINAL against the Cowboys last year. This is also against a team that brings zero supporters with it and pretty much zero interest and will probably run near last. That game at the SFS would have drawn about 6 or 7,000 MAXIMUM.

Bit of perspective please.

One thing that has always frustrated me is the way league crowds are viewed compared to say AFL or football

There is a reason why league rates higher than AFL or most other sports – for mind it is the best sport (bar none) to watch on TV. Unlike Football or AFL most of the play is contained in a defined area i.e. you do not need to see where the fullback is opposed to needing to know where a forward is

Sure atmosphere plays a part but you can not tell me watching a AFL game on TV is comparable to league…

lsz said:
One thing that has always frustrated me is the way league crowds are viewed compared to say AFL or football

There is a reason why league rates higher than AFL or most other sports – for mind it is the best sport (bar none) to watch on TV. Unlike Football or AFL most of the play is contained in a defined area i.e. you do not need to see where the fullback is opposed to needing to know where a forward is

Sure atmosphere plays a part but you can not tell me watching a AFL game on TV is comparable to league…

Exactly Isz, watching AFL at the ground is 100 times better than watching it on TV. NRL as often stated is a made for TV "product".

I went to a "Titanic" party Sat night,in Orange.Quicker to get to...Beer easy to get in the fridge...clean toilet....Live streaming (or an attempt..lol)....and Orange is much closer to Lithgow than Brookie.I have a country members membership,but,will find it hard to get motivated to go and see the same standard of football I can see at Lithgow's Tony Lucetti field,for a lot less.Living on the peninsular,Id prob make 90 % of the games.

Gees not like Darren to lay the boot in when times are tough.

Seriously Darren why do you bother. Why don't you go support a rich perfect club.

Spot on cambo. I think Darren is prejudiced against Brookie and only posts when their an opportunity to put the boot in. Brookie is not the issue it was who we were playing. Even the more strongly supported sydney clubs struggle to get crowds against out of Towners like the titans.

I am one of the few who thinks the crowd was a good one.

As stated in other threads, the titans only had probably 50 fans there that i saw.

I was thinking it was going to be under 9,000 and was quite happy with the 11,600 turn up.

I think sometimes its just as hard for fans to backup after 5 days as it is for the players.

I have a season ticket but would hate to have to fork out for family passes twice within 5 days. Over the school holidays, it would be a very expensive time given the easter show would command a lot of money. Throwing in 2 footy games would be too much for some.

Another good reason why people should consider a family flexi-pass. You'd already have your tickets at a good price and pick and choose which games you could attend.

Hopefully the Canberra game will have good weather and a crowd of 15,000. I'd be happy with that.

Cambo said:
Gees not like Darren to lay the boot in when times are tough.

Seriously Darren why do you bother. Why don't you go support a rich perfect club.

Cmon Cam he just wants us to be like Souffs. Give him a break.

Guys, surely we have more than 8-10000 fans on the northside? Why wouldn't they go? Game close to home at the beloved Brookie. Good weather and a Saturday night. We keep reading about our club being in financial trouble and then we have local fans not going. Wouldn't happen at the Knights?

Darren said:
Guys, surely we have more than 8-10000 fans on the northside? Why wouldn't they go? Game close to home at the beloved Brookie. Good weather and a Saturday night. We keep reading about our club being in financial trouble and then we have local fans not going. Wouldn't happen at the Knights?

The knights have only started pulling crowds since Tinkler started virtually giving tickets away. They had some shockers for a one team town up until then.

I know people talk about the cost for families, and i really can't comment on that given my own circumstances but i wonder how Victorian families afford it. This isn't about the differences between the cities, this is something that is the same. It costs more to go to an aussie rules game than a league game. Maybe football isn't high enough up on the priority list in sydney. That is what the IC need to look at changing. I guess it's more than just marketing, it's psychological. Maybe sydney just isn't that kind of town.
I know from my experiences in the music world that sydney isn't a guitar town. Play some doofdoof on a cd player in a darkened room and you'll pack the place out. Maybe in the same vein sydney just isn't a sport town. Maybe crowds are as good as they can be and we might have to accept that. I hope not but i don't hold out much hope. There isn't much soul to this old town.

real shame that the NRL premiers fans are talking about 10000 being a great crowd. I dread to think how many "locals" will turn up if we start having a couple of ordinary years. I think we "aim" the bar too low when we say 11k is a good crowd on a warm Saturday night. The financial future of our club doesn't look good with these type of gates.

Cam, I do believe this stuff must be spoken about. Fans are too easy going and rather sit at home, go drinking etc but we need 16k to break even. How long does Penn keep taking 6-7 figure losses before he chucks it in?
This situation is the same as where I live, The Steelers. Remember them? Had a leagues club that couldn't make money and gates of 10-12k. In the end they just couldn't keep going. All this bluster doesn't pay bills. I imagine we lost 50k last night on the figures! That's one game and may multiply if our "locals" don't pull their finger out and get in that ground!!

Can't compare Newcastle to Manly. They are a one team town with little else on offer on weekends compared to Sydney.

I think AFL gets better crowds due to the culture of attending games and it is also much better to watch live I am told, they say on TV it is not so good. League is the opposite imo. The only benefit of attending a league game live is the atmosphere, definitely much better to watch on tv.

True Garts but Newcastle (where I was last week) is a beach culture like Manly. I saw this lethargy in Wollongong and it ended up us losing our local team. It really shows that certain clubs fans aren't that bothered (except for 60k of our "fans" turning up at Homebush on GF day)

The thing is many of our regulars don't live on the northside. Personally, I know at least 15 who go each week from hour plus away. Look at Sue, travels from Mudgee with her girls/friends each week and sleeps at a friends house and travels back Monday. We have thousands of locals who couldn't be bothered driving 5 minutes. If we had a Parra team of losing year in/year out then I could understand but last year we won it!

TokyoEagle said:
What are the average Sydney crowds for teams playing the Titans this year ?

believe it or not the average is exactly the same as we got 11619 for Sydney crowds against the gold coast

what we need as people keep posting is a great stadium like the SFS then we can look forward to major improvements in numbers rain hail or shine. Just dreaming about the lofty heights we could achieve with those matches, we could even get close to the Roosters Vs Radiers crowds of 10,300. Oh wait thats a nightmare, time to wake up (good advice for many i think)

12k on a Monday night vs our most hated enemies. Our crowds are atrocious. This was the game twns of thousands wanted at the Fortress and ordinary crowd. Should have taken the big bucks off WA. Bet they don't do it next time! Shame for us though!

Darren said:
12k on a Monday night vs our most hated enemies. Our crowds are atrocious. This was the game twns of thousands wanted at the Fortress and ordinary crowd. Should have taken the big bucks off WA. Bet they don't do it next time! Shame for us though!

You know we were set up, right?

We wanted the game & whinged to get it back so the networks chucked us on Monday night to make us look bad.

We still get the Perth bucks for the Warriors game.

At least 12k of us got to see it, not none of us.

Still, if you look at the numbers, Leichhardt was packed to breaking point where Skilled and the SFS were empty. Obviously people want to go to traditional grounds and find the big stadiums hollow and soulless. At least we can be thankful that we play in an appropriate stadium, hey Daz. Imagine who would've turned up to the SFS. 5000 if we're lucky?

Darren said:

Monday night matches are played at 7pm, making it extremely difficult for working people to get to. There were also less than 100 Storm supporters.
You obviously never bother to get to Brookvale, so stop sniping. The crowd must have looked great on TV with all the maroon and white flags waving.
Put this match on a sunny Sunday afternoon and we would have got 20,000 just as they did at Leichhardt. Last year when we played Storm there was a full house because it was on a Friday night. Getting away from work on a Friday is much easier than a Monday. And it doesn't start until 7.45pm.

Why don't you tell us Darren which matches you attend?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6