Cross-Forum-Discussion Cross Forum Discussion [Round 15, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the Donkeys don't need players as urgently as they need mirrors. Kevie must have said it a dozen times in his presser: "We'll take a good hard look at ourselves."

I just don’t understand how the Donkeys have fallen so far??

They have all the money in the world and the biggest junior base to work with.

Is it that too many ex-players have too much control to let the coaching departments actually fulfil their roles??

I know a lot of ex players from the broncs are very vocal on how things are run their.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
5358.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Hardyman's Yugo - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 2, 2017
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
24849.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Lyonstomenzies - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 20, 2015

Is it that too many ex-players have too much control to let the coaching departments actually fulfil their roles??

I know a lot of ex players from the broncs are very vocal on how things are run their.

COVID-19 free since 1978
Could be. A load of striping minded opinionated ex players who funnily enough can’t coach

The best coaches seem to come from failed or unfulfilled ex players, ones who had to work harder and think more and maybe didn’t get first grade

4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010
Sounds like the Donkeys don't need players as urgently as they need mirrors. Kevie must have said it a dozen times in his presser: "We'll take a good hard look at ourselves."

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation
Anyone know he's talking about? "It's a rebalance, it's a restructure, no it's not really a restructure, it's none of those things, we've definitely got a plan, we're going to look at ourselves", wtf does that mean

The one person I am surprised that has never coached the Broncos, though unofficially he's been doing it on field for a few years now as their runner, is Allan Langer. I'd have thought he'd have thrown his hat in the ring by now.

Although I also wouldn't mind betting that someone long ago, maybe someone like Wayne Bennett, warned him off doing that because if they lose under him like they are now it would seriously taint his legacy. And Broncos fans want to remember Alfie as a winner, not as a $hit coach.

276.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mt.wellington - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 20, 2012
Very sad seeing a former powerhouse like the Broncos become the My Little Ponies. They are the new Wests Tigers with the amount of talent that is pouring out from the club the last 2 seasons. Its weird because on paper they should at least be mid table but when you factor in the myth that is Kevvie and the excellent recruitment decisions the Board that includes legend Lockyer its not hard to see why the team sucks balls and look to be entering a prolonged dark age period.

The lacklustre way they played not just tonight but for the season to date is weak. And right across the park too. Headless chickens on attack and defence. The only person more headless is the head himself, Kevin Walters. The look he gives in the coaches box and post match interviews are those of a bumbling idiot bereft of any real ideas on how to not only pull it together but get the team out of the ****hole. Ive seen that face before. Right here at the Warriors and it was from Bluey McClennan. The forst coach in the NRLs then 105 odd year history to be fired during his first season.

I know Kevvie is considered a club legend and that a significant portion of the fans still think he is the man to lead them into the next dynasty but as a coach he's a hack and is ripping the team apart to temporarily save his ass from the inevitable. Him and Lockyer. Time will show him as so.

But anyway, thats your guys problem. We have our own. Only difference between our coach and yours is ours is a proven hack with the sample size to prove it.

Thanks for Walsh...

1976.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Nashy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2008
6421.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]HoldenV8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 16, 2013

The one person I am surprised that has never coached the Broncos, though unofficially he's been doing it on field for a few years now as their runner, is Allan Langer.

Although I also wouldn't mind betting that someone long ago, maybe someone like Wayne Bennett, warned him off doing that because if they lose under him like they are now it would seriously taint his legacy. And Broncos fans want to remember Alfie as a winner, not as a $hit coach.

A born and bred Croweater and proud Manly supporter since 1982

He's an absolute piss pot, and I doubt he'd be any sort of a role model in that respect.

My dog and I take full responsibility for annoying Mr Fourex.

5358.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Hardyman's Yugo - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 2, 2017

Could be. A load of striping minded opinionated ex players who funnily enough can’t coach

The best coaches seem to come from failed or unfulfilled ex players, ones who had to work harder and think more and maybe didn’t get first grade

Manly strongly disagree.

4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016

Anyone know he's talking about? "It's a rebalance, it's a restructure, no it's not really a restructure, it's none of those things, we've definitely got a plan, we're going to look at ourselves", wtf does that mean

Now I know for sure he is taking advice from Zoolander Barret, the master of looking at himself in the mirror all day long

66.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]gREVUS - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
Walsh was in there system....
yes but if they had actually played him, then maybe they wouldnt be at the bottom. And useless.

I mean our coach is crap and a dickhead imo, but at least he worked out to listen to POS.

66.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]gREVUS - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
Very sad seeing a former powerhouse like the Broncos become the My Little Ponies. They are the new Wests Tigers with the amount of talent that is pouring out from the club the last 2 seasons. Its weird because on paper they should at least be mid table but when you factor in the myth that is Kevvie and the excellent recruitment decisions the Board that includes legend Lockyer its not hard to see why the team sucks balls and look to be entering a prolonged dark age period.

The lacklustre way they played not just tonight but for the season to date is weak. And right across the park too. Headless chickens on attack and defence. The only person more headless is the head himself, Kevin Walters. The look he gives in the coaches box and post match interviews are those of a bumbling idiot bereft of any real ideas on how to not only pull it together but get the team out of the ****hole. Ive seen that face before. Right here at the Warriors and it was from Bluey McClennan. The forst coach in the NRLs then 105 odd year history to be fired during his first season.

I know Kevvie is considered a club legend and that a significant portion of the fans still think he is the man to lead them into the next dynasty but as a coach he's a hack and is ripping the team apart to temporarily save his ass from the inevitable. Him and Lockyer. Time will show him as so.

But anyway, thats your guys problem. We have our own. Only difference between our coach and yours is ours is a proven hack with the sample size to prove it.

Thanks for Walsh...
really well said. total agreement. Kevvie should never have gotten the gig. He was never up to it, and proved that at origin level. THe team is in a really bad place and the hole is getting deeper and deeper game by game.

As Well said thanks for walsh, you can keep Lodge

Maybe they can look back to when they decided that Seibold was the answer.
The problem is the question they asked themselves was something like "Who's better than seven times premiership coach Wayne Bennett...?"

What will Channel Nein do next season?
They can't continue to showcase the comp's worst team every week in prime time on free-to-air. It's a bad look for the sport. Not to mention their ratings.
Will they continue to pander to their dwindling Queensland viewer base and give the Tits and the 'Boys better representation on TV?
Or will they actually select the better teams for all rugby league viewers to enjoy?
Does the NRL have the power to fix the draw in 2022 or will Nein continue to call the shots?

2189.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]ivanhungryjak - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 8, 2009
2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010

What will Channel Nein do next season?
They can't continue to showcase the comp's worst team every week in prime time on free-to-air. It's a bad look for the sport. Not to mention their ratings.
Will they continue to pander to their dwindling Queensland viewer base and give the Tits and the 'Boys better representation on TV?
Or will they actually select the better teams for all rugby league viewers to enjoy?
Does the NRL have the power to fix the draw in 2022 or will Nein continue to call the shots?

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation
As a Bronco member who is utterly sick of Friday night games, propping up the lowly rating Sydney teams, I wish nothing but despair on Nein - and News Corpse for that matter.

The one person I am surprised that has never coached the Broncos, though unofficially he's been doing it on field for a few years now as their runner, is Allan Langer. I'd have thought he'd have thrown his hat in the ring by now.

from memory he owns half of Caloundra or did do, developing, and a restaurant . Maybe the part time gig supplements his lifestyle better.

8066.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ohgeelowk - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .November 23, 2020

Thanks for Walsh...
What’s sad about the broncos doing ****e? They have been at the other end of the table for a long time, they get their pick of whoever they want and now they’re doing as bad as us you feel sad for them. I appreciate the empathy, but f*#k the broncos, about time they had a taste of what we’ve been eating for the last decade. Just need the storm to stuff up as bad as them now.

[/st_td_row][st_td]Panther - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 13, 2016
SJ nice

2223.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]vertigo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 2, 2010
Onya tommy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4