Criticism - the Old Chestnut

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I saw on MSE last night the 'old chestnut' when relating to forum critique of one of the Manly players (King):

If you haven't played NRL you don't have the right to make a comment! (Something similar along those lines. (The other one is that you are a keyboard hero and wouldn't say it to his face.)

So obviously if I haven't committed murder or been in gaol I have no right to make a comment about law and order.

If I haven't had multiple affairs I am not qualified to speak about morality, public or private.

If I haven't been in Parliament I can't delve into Economic Policy and the Political World.

Some of these 'protectors' of mediocrity can't see that God has given us a brain and eyes that allow us to evaluate player's performanc and to make a call that someone is playing badly is not disloyal but stating an opinion or fact.

When every supporter of every other club that I talk to says how hopeless he is, why do we have Manly supporters making excuses and protecting him. :doh:

I wonder if they'd have a criticism of the government if it made cuts to Welfare?

Even though they've never even won a popularity contest ?

If people were restricted to only talking about things that they were proficient at or had experience with you would be able to hear a pin drop every time you walked into a pub

When every supporter of every other club that I talk to says how hopeless he is, why do we have Manly supporters making excuses and protecting him.
Let me guess - King

When every supporter of every other club that I talk to says how hopeless he is, why do we have Manly supporters making excuses and protecting him.

Because King is:

the boyfriend of a girl who is the daughter of their uncle and their grandmother's neice who is also a cousin to the girlfriednd of King.

What are you guys saying !!! King's 18 and 20 metre games that so consistently come out are great for us !!!

I Hope George Rose heals very quickly.

Certainly not playing NRL should not be a criteria to comment on, otherwise there would be no fans as most would never have played at that level. Reading that thread it seems the never ending criticism of a certain player has triggered this silly statement.

Certainly not playing NRL should not be a criteria to comment on, otherwise there would be no fans as most would never have played at that level. Reading that thread it seems the never ending criticism of a certain player has triggered this silly statement.
And that is fair enough. King has been given a fair thumping but he has constantly disappointed sadly.

I would love him to do well as the team needs it.

The never ending criticism will probably persist until the never ending crap performances end.

CW,

You are correct in his performance, & it is also obvious the lack of front row strength this Club has when it plays Kite in a battering ram role which does not suit his strengths.
I too hope King can fulfil his potential, may be be having an intellect is not a criteria for a front rower!!

i gotta be honest guys i find the constant king bashing over there boring

if he continues to under perform he will be dropped simple as that.

I just wish they would find something else to talk about

Hi Cliffy GC,

Long time no hear!
I think the problem in dropping him is who actually replaces him, not too many to choose from, either injured or suspended!!

Why do you like him so much?

He really isn't playing well you know.

You had no problem bagging the crap out of Monas, so why should King go under the radar?

[quote author=Cliffy Gc]

Why do you like him so much?

He really isn't playing well you know.

You had no problem bagging the crap out of Monas, so why should King go under the radar?[/quote]

funny you should say that byso, because it seem from certain elements over there monas is still copping crap. As i have said a number of times already this season i think monas is playing well.

As for king i thought he played ok against the Sharks but we need to see a bit more if hes to keep his place in my opinion.

I think u have misunderstood me, all i was saying is that it gets boring reading thread after thread over there bagging the guy.

Surely they can state there opinion once, or twice maybe even 3 times but some of these blokes are like a dog and a bone.

It seems to me that you have a soft spot for him, I've seen you bag other players but never him, even when he was at his peek of ordinary form over the last 10 rounds of 2005.

It seems to me that you have a soft spot for him, I've seen you bag other players but never him, even when he was at his peek of ordinary form over the last 10 rounds of 2005.
not quite accurate
theres only ever two manly players ive ever bagged

M moaninghan and Craig Field

I'm reserving my opinion on King untill midway thru the seasons he has no excuses this year. No injuires and a full off season. If he doesnt cut it he never will. PErsonnally i hope he does, but im sure the club will buy someone who can do the job if they decide kings not up to it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2