Cows v Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In the second half we played down the middle and went nowhere.  Was that the tactics?  Lucky to get away with the win and we'll move on from here.  Cross annoys me with his stupid penalties.  He should just play the game and not get into crap play.  Giving away penalties when in possession is just very ordinary.  I thought Joe added starch when he came on.  All in all, good to get the two points.  It was always going to be a tight game.  Whare is going to be a good signing.

DSM5 link said:
In the second half we played down the middle and went nowhere.  Was that the tactics?  Lucky to get away with the win and we'll move on from here.  Cross annoys me with his stupid penalties.  He should just play the game and not get into crap play.  Giving away penalties when in possession is just very ordinary.  I thought Joe added starch when he came on.  All in all, good to get the two points.  It was always going to be a tight game.  Whare is going to be a good signing.

Mate, what are your thoughts on us potentially leeting Hodko go, and re-signing Ox? :)

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=183414.msg264304#msg264304 date=1275134432]
Like your team Ryan but Bailey will be there.  

Who gets dropped mate?
[/quote]

Its Des, Whare.  

Ryan link said:
I have to admit, Bailey threw a decent pass, and made a good run early in the 1st half. After that, he gave away penalties, missed tackles, dropped balls - it just never ends with him - disgraceful. Kiwi can put a positive spin on that.

Hodkinson went missing after the 1st 1/2 an hour. TOTALLY missing. He should have been in there keeping it all together - I don't care what age, or what experience he has - he's our 1/2 back.

Seu Seu was much better tonight, but it was frustrating that he was chewing up Ballin time.

Overall, our team looks unfit, overweight, lethargic and slow - and looks like they run out of steam. I think Singe has done a poor job this year.

Our injuries are a worry, but the bye is coming at a good time. I believe Lyon will be available (just a hunch) next game, and my team would be:-

01. Ben Farrar
02. Michael Robertson
03. Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tony Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. George Rose
15. Matt Cross
16. Brent Kite
17. Joe Galuvao

For the record - I thought King, Kitey and Rodney were outstanding tonight.

Seeing as you called for me Ryan

Look, Bailey will never be a top liner, but he does have some ability in him, and is a good squad player. He was adequate at 5/8, set up a nice try, kicked well and at 1 point him rushing up on Thurston cut off a very dodgy situation. When pushed out to centre, he had no idea against Willie Tonga.

Ryan, we wont be resigning Orford.  Cronulla is his likely destination.  I think Hodkinson will be resigned, unless he gets greedy.  And I agree with Kiwi on Bailey.  Anyway, Tonga is a class act and it's no disgrace to be dissed by him.

Yes, he got stood up time, after time, after time. I don't recall any decent kicks. I thought too many of our kicks went to Bowen, Tonga and co. on the full...but that's just not Bailey to be fair.

Mate, he's just not first grade quality. Maybe he is in Newcastle (although he couldn't crack their 17 in the year they got the spoon a few back)....

The blokes just a hack. If we were a poor team, it would amplify his poor ability. Fortunately, he has absolute guns like Lyon, Stewart, Robertson, Matai and co. making him look or appear better than he really is.  

He isn't a centre Ryan, Whare struggled defensively on his side as well through lack of experience and was found out of position a lot. If Bailey wasn't there tonight, Whare would more than likely not have scored with his 1st touch and we may not have won the match. not calling him a matchwinner, but he did contribute to our win. he doesn't make my top 17 for next week if Foran is back fit

Thurston spooked out young backline, and we allowed far too many offloads with low tackling

We haven't won in Townsville since 2004, missing so many internationals in the backline, and we held on to 2 pts, I can't be down on anyone after that match

Ryan, there were more players that fell off tackles, gave away penalties and tackled low, other than Bailey.  We scrambled and forced them into errors when they looked certain to score.  A good effort from a makeshift team against the Cows at full strength.  Can't complain really. 

So Bailey isnt a centre, and he isnt a half. Can we still call him a utility?

Hes in the team for his utility value, but if all he can do is play a bitpart as a (poor) 2nd rower then whats the point? I guess Des knows firsthand what his stock is capable of, but are our QLD Cup options really that slim?

EDIT: I wonder how Lussicks hands and footwork are. 2nd rowers as centres are all the rage these days

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6