COV_19 .. a silver lining ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will GreenTurd survive Corangate ?

• YES .. he is teflon coated ..

• NO .. He is a dead man walking

Results are only viewable after voting.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
One possible upshot of the current troubles is the spotlight being firmly shown on the rampart mismanagement of the games finances since the Independent commission took control ....

Kenty ... All hail Kenty .... again in his colume this morning in the tele took aim at the years of excess and waste under the stewardship of Grant and GreenTurd .... and there total disconnect from the people and culture of the game ...

If only one positive comes from this .. it will be that when the dust settles ... the fiqurative rotten diseased and blotted corpse of GreenTurd will be found ... left in the gutter behind the moore park offices of the NRL ...

V'landy is the only cleanskin without a skeleton in the closet ... and I can't see him wanting to begin a new era for the game with the stench of GreenTurd remaining ....

But I am an eternal optimist ....

One possible upshot of the current troubles is the spotlight being firmly shown on the rampart mismanagement of the games finances since the Independent commission took control ....

Kenty ... All hail Kenty .... again in his colume this morning in the tele took aim at the years of excess and waste under the stewardship of Grant and GreenTurd .... and there total disconnect from the people and culture of the game ...

If only one positive comes from this .. it will be that when the dust settles ... the fiqurative rotten diseased and blotted corpse of GreenTurd will be found ... left in the gutter behind the moore park offices of the NRL ...

V'landy is the only cleanskin without a skeleton in the closet ... and I can't see him wanting to begin a new era for the game with the stench of GreenTurd remaining ....

lol @Woodsie this was literally one ****ing month ago! To the day!

NRL surplus exceeds expectations

I think Teflon's ticket was clipped before the shutdown. This is now the perfect excuse to not renew his contract.
I thought the same before all this happened but now I'm worried that covid has actually saved him. It will either be; now is not the time for change or it's a new era in need of new ideas. Ultimately it will probably come down to who else is willing to put their hand up right now, because that would be a very brave thing to do.

Last edited:
I hope you blokes are right and that we've seen the last of the Teflon Turd (which sounds like it'd be horribly painful to pass), but I'll only believe it when he's gone. Odds are he'll find another "feed bag" (to quote Shane Richardson) related to rugby league.

If anything the coronavirus has exposed the Turd for the charlatan he really is. In the most desperate of times when the game needs funds, none is available and it was all under his tenure. Vlandys knows this and the finger is already on the full flush button.... bye bye turd

I think he was gone until this mess happened and this has thrown him a chance to survive.

Yes, to save money, they can just not offer him a new contract and then use it as an excuse to move on.

However, if he shows solutions that start having a positive impact, he might save the game.

The reports also state that he and Vlandys seem to be working together to overcome all this.

Interesting times.

We also just cant assume that the money issues are his. There is also a board and for all we know he reccomneded putting millions away but was rejected by the board.

Time will tell I guess.

1BECA770-806C-4CEC-B3EE-A5FF6990B26A.jpeg

Yeah mate agree. Apparently the English premier league has the same amount of head staff in their organisation as the NRL. Considering the EPL is 100x the size it shows the NRL is massively top heavy and can/should be able to make significant savings in the head office alone

Yeah mate agree. Apparently the English premier league has the same amount of head staff in their organisation as the NRL. Considering the EPL is 100x the size it shows the NRL is massively top heavy and can/should be able to make significant savings in the head office alone

It is a nonsense ... and when you add that with all that staff .... every decision comes down to the whim and fancy of one man and his daughters friends .... it is a travesty ...

It is a nonsense ... and when you add that with all that staff .... every decision comes down to the whim and fancy of one man and his daughters friends .... it is a travesty ...

To be fair, he doesn't always take up his daughter's recommendations

kapow! See what I did there?????????

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4