COV_19 .. a silver lining ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will GreenTurd survive Corangate ?

• YES .. he is teflon coated ..

• NO .. He is a dead man walking

Results are only viewable after voting.
Could this be another silver lining;

Rugby league will need to slash costs in all areas, and one money-saving exercise could see the game revert to the good old days writes PHIL ROTHFIELD.

Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph

Subscriber only

|

March 29, 2020 3:52pm

Close

There is a very good chance the NRL will start its cost-cutting in the referees department.

And this could mean going back to the good old days of just one referee.

The usual suspects will be blowing up about policing the ruck and the wrestle.

That it’s too hard for one whistleblower. This is rubbish.

Some of the best games we’ve seen in recent years have been internationals.

(There are other ways to rid the game of wrestling which is a story for another day.)

Right now the NRL employs around 25 full-time refs and touch judges.

Then you’ve got the coaches, physios, bunker officials and technology costs that have spiralled out of control over the last 10 years.

The game will need to slash costs in all areas of administration.

We’re hearing that head of football Graham Annesley and senior staff are already looking at various models to save money.

There is a suggestion the game needs only 10 full-time referees. The rest will need to get day jobs or part-time employment like they did in the old days.

The top referees in the game are now earning north of $300,000-a-year. The game simply cannot afford it.

Do you support the NRL returning to one referee?
Yes

No

Cast your vote

The refs are now on paid leave until the end of the month.

Like staff at football clubs they will probably be stood down without pay in the near future.

It is an uncertain time for all employees, not just in rugby league.

As we have been saying since the competition was suspended, the game will eventually resume but it will never be the same.

Could this be another silver lining;
That'd be a gold lining, Wheel. Always said the two ref system was an awful idea and that the only thing worse than one dickhead in the middle of the field was two dickheads in the middle of the field. Man, if we can get rid of Toddy and return to one ref, I'm willing to spend another week-and-a-half inside with the missus and kids! No more than that though.

It is a nonsense ... and when you add that with all that staff .... every decision comes down to the whim and fancy of one man and his daughters friends .... it is a travesty ...
I love that word "travesty" ...... not enough travesty in the world ......

mid 17th century (as an adjective in the sense ‘dressed to appear ridiculous’): from French travesti‘disguised’, past participle of travestir, from Italian travestire, from trans- ‘across’ + vestire ‘clothe’.

Not sure how everyone else is going but missing footy alot after week one. I done bit of reading over the weekend and found the forbidden game history of how the government and ru shut down rugby league in france in ww2 yet some 70 years later like a cockroach it's still there and catalans won a challenge cup some 2 years ago is a miracle.
I watched netflix series the english game about irony soccer in uk upper snobs from south corrupting game from working class towns from the north ala our rugby league brothers in uk battle against arsewipes at Twickenham, yet over 100 years still the game of people in Lancashire and Yorkshire.
I believe our code roots being a game played by working class in australia, England,nz and france should not be forgotten. Dally messenger and albert baskerville sacrifice should never be forgotten both in Australia and New Zealand alike.
It's interesting seeing fitzsimmons sticking boot into nrl today, agenda driven as usual.

mid 17th century (as an adjective in the sense ‘dressed to appear ridiculous’): from French travesti‘disguised’, past participle of travestir, from Italian travestire, from trans- ‘across’ + vestire ‘clothe’.

I agree it’s a travesty you got Eugenie first and not me!!

Aussie humour.
Not sure how everyone else is going but missing footy alot after week one. I done bit of reading over the weekend and found the forbidden game history of how the government and ru shut down rugby league in france in ww2 yet some 70 years later like a cockroach it's still there and catalans won a challenge cup some 2 years ago is a miracle.
I watched netflix series the english game about irony soccer in uk upper snobs from south corrupting game from working class towns from the north ala our rugby league brothers in uk battle against arsewipes at Twickenham, yet over 100 years still the game of people in Lancashire and Yorkshire.
I believe our code roots being a game played by working class in australia, England,nz and france should not be forgotten. Dally messenger and albert baskerville sacrifice should never be forgotten both in Australia and New Zealand alike.
It's interesting seeing fitzsimmons sticking boot into nrl today, agenda driven as usual.
youre doing better than me. I’ve got the Gillettes close at hand.

Thank you ... and may I suggest .. that you, as one of our foremost intelligensi ... start a Silvertails word of the day thread ... to help us get through these tough times.. in the spirit of home schooling if you like .....

An award could concievably be given to the poster who then demonstrates the most original and creative use of the word in a sentence ....

Who knows ... after a week of word of the day posts .... some of the numbnuts may have increased their vocabularies into double fiqures ..... hahahahahahah ... .... just kidding the numbnuts .... I luv youse all ....

Thank you ... and may I suggest .. that you, as one of our foremost intelligensi ... start a Silvertails word of the day thread ... to help us get through these tough times.. in the spirit of home schooling if you like .....

An award could concievably be given to the poster who then demonstrates the most original and creative use of the word in a sentence ....

Who knows ... after a week of word of the day posts .... some of the numbnuts may have increased their vocabularies into double fiqures ..... hahahahahahah ... .... just kidding the numbnuts .... I luv youse all ....
Neglecting the Punchies again , can be very demoralizing

Another extremely useful word for thinking about Greenturd.......
apoplectic
[ ap-uh-plek-tik ]
adjective
extremely angry; furious: He became apoplectic at the mere mention of the subject.

Apoplectic, “stricken with apoplexy,” comes from Late Latin apoplēcticus (also apoplēctus), from Greek apoplēktikós “paralyzed” and apóplēktos “disabled by a stroke.” Apoplēktikós and apóplēktosare derivatives of the verb apoplēssein (also apoplēttein) “to cripple by a stroke, disable in body or mind,” a compound of the prefix apo-, here with an intensive force, and the verb plēssein, plēttein, plēgnýnai “to strike, hit, thrust at.” By the 19th century apoplectic developed the sense “furiously angry,” as in Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park (1814), “A short-necked apoplectic sort of fellow,” and Charles Dickens’ Pickwick Papers (1837), “A gentleman with an apoplectic countenance.” Apoplecticentered English in the first half of the 17th century.

@Wombat64 .. Okay .. here goes .. using it in a sentence ..

We can all hope that the current drama is just the beginning of an apolectic tsunami of vengeance directed at the person of GreenTurd ...

I've never forgotten an old episode of Welcome Back Kotter when he asked the class to use the word "officiate" in a sentence & Washington came back with "my uncle got sick cos of a fish he ate" @:D
90720662_2826186797460111_5148905965239664640_n.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6