Could V’landys be the MAN!?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The bloke doing the "artist impressions" of a revamped Brookie just put another story on his house.
Its basically just free money at the moment.

Just throwing it out there but got to wonder if this is why the Centre of Excellence has been held up...? Maybe with more funding the design may change.

Gorman and Vlandys on the task now so hopefully Brookie gets some deserved upgrades.
The CoE has not been held up, work is still scheduled to commence next year. The $800k playing surface upgrade has, so that it can be coordinated with the development of the CoE. As far as I am aware, the other $400k the Council wish to spend as part of their package is going ahead during this off-season.

Last edited:
On the other hand, has does a poor suburban Sydney club compete with a one-team one-city powerhouse with a potential fan base of two million?

In the real world, probably not. But again, better that one team one city powerhouse be a new team with new fans than a re-located team which has the potential to lose a lot of their current fan base.

DT:

So while he also publicly backed Todd Greenberg to stay on as the chief executive of the game, (booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo).....................

with Greenberg’s current contract nearing its end, that support came with a direct warning.

“One thing Todd realises and most people realise is I call a spade a spade,” V’landys said.

DT:

So while he also publicly backed Todd Greenberg to stay on as the chief executive of the game, (booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo).....................

with Greenberg’s current contract nearing its end, that support came with a direct warning.

“One thing Todd realises and most people realise is I call a spade a spade,” V’landys said.
In other words Greenburg " the hot mess that you have created over the last 4 years involving but not limited to deplorable refereeing performances , redundant 2 referee's system ,fracturing of the fan base, toadying to powerful figures in the game including rampant sychophancy of other RL "ornaments" ,persecution of clubs like Manly ,the ignorance of RL tribalism and local grounds ,the abominable Bunker ,the clown town joke that is the TPAs and salary cap ,and your total analphabetic understanding of the grass roots and the fabric of Rugby League wont be tolerated anymore !" Ergo Greenburg ...... Your FIRED ! Remove your bald head ,cheap suite and surly attitude and f&$ offff !!!!!!!!!
Like Yesterday
Go Manly

In other words Greenburg " the hot mess that you have created over the last 4 years involving but not limited to deplorable refereeing performances , redundant 2 referee's system ,fracturing of the fan base, toadying to powerful figures in the game including rampant sychophancy of other RL "ornaments" ,persecution of clubs like Manly ,the ignorance of RL tribalism and local grounds ,the abominable Bunker ,the clown town joke that is the TPAs and salary cap ,and your total analphabetic understanding of the grass roots and the fabric of Rugby League wont be tolerated anymore !" Ergo Greenburg ...... Your FIRED ! Remove your bald head ,cheap suite and surly attitude and f&$ offff !!!!!!!!!
Like Yesterday
Go Manly
Your hatred of Toddy is right up there with my hatred of sCam. I tell you what, if either of them vanish, never to be seen again, I think either one of us could be called in for questioning.;)

Your hatred of Toddy is right up there with my hatred of sCam. I tell you what, if either of them vanish, never to be seen again, I think either one of us could be called in for questioning.;)
Agree mate
Greenberg #1 for me on account of his pathological hatred and persecution of Manly and ineptitude
Scam #2 for general smugness sneaky ness and grubery
The difference is we have got the better of Smith and Melbourne a number of times but we have yet to get one up on that spiteful deplorable dickhead...my blood starts to boil just thinking about him
Have a good night

I really do like what I am hearing from Peter V'landys so I really hope he can deliver on the suburban grounds.

He needs to address 1. Cost of watching the NRL as it can be very expensive for families and 2. scheduling of games on a Thursday and Friday night which I can never get to on time. We need more late Saturday or Sunday afternoon games.

My only area concern of what I heard from him is that there is enough talent going around to have a 2nd Brisbane team. I'm not really sure there is enough talent so I hope they focus and invest in the junior ranks.

This guy is a breath of fresh air and finally we have someone who looks beyond their ivory tower and recognizes the things the game really needs.

The ignorance, neglect and inaction of Greenturd and Beattie over the way the game is run, the standard of refereeing, the TV scheduling which favours the minority, a salary cap that is manipulated and exploited many certain teams like the Rorters, Drizzle and Vermin are regular top teams, the game day experience that has been whittled back to a first grade game and the fans and members no longer get to see how players develop week in and week out. These two have overseen the destruction of the fabric of the game and I truly hope that Mr V'landys can start solving some of these problems ASAP.

I especially like his talk about the game day experience. As loath as I want to say it, when you go to Whinger park you get A grade facilities and its a good experience. We have to have that for Brooky and it needs to be a total rebuild not just a centre of excellence so as this man points out the clubs are sustainable.

It is a good start and for me actions now need to match his words and do the game a favour while you are at it and cut loose Greenturd!!!

Has anyone else noticed the general anti-Vlandys vibe emanating from the roosters fans.

Under the greenturd regime they have been one if not the greatest winners

They don’t agree with upgrading suburban grounds because the stadia policy gifted them a sparkly new stadium they don’t actually need

They don’t want the reffing problems fixed because they have benefited enormously from dodgy ref calls

They don’t give a rats about grassroots football as they don’t even bother with a juniors team

Etc etc - that alone is a big tick for Vlandys from me

Greenberg is still the guy with more power isn't he? He is the one who will come up with the policy of the league. V'landys is only the deciding voice on the commission if a vote is tied to implement that policy.

So what can he really do?

Greenberg is still the guy with more power isn't he? He is the one who will come up with the policy of the league. V'landys is only the deciding voice on the commission if a vote is tied to implement that policy.

So what can he really do?
I've seen only a one minute clip of V'landys which was enough to suggest he won't cop Greenberg's continual spewing forth of political spin and PR manipulations. Sounds like he wants results instead of that stuff. So regardless of the formalities and Greenberg's title of CEO I'd say V'Landys fully intends to be the boss.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4