Could Foran return?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It really isn't that hard to comprehend. He's a very impressionable person who in the past had to be persuaded to stay at Manly by influential teammates, instead of accepting big money offers from rival clubs. He could tolerate all of the drama at the club because the overall deal to change wasn't enough.

However in 2014 that changed. The Eels had a coach he knew & liked. The money was huge and his mates were moving on. I also believe his chronic hamstring injury was a factor in signing a long term deal. The 2 overriding factors in my opinion were the money & the coach. Put it this way, if the Roosters offered more money, he'd be at Bondi now.

Players come & go and as we've seen with Watmough, long term chronic injures are a big factor in offering players big money deals. The Eels were desperate to get both and it looks like it's going to cost them points for rorting the cap.

Karma indeed!

For those that didn't see the Brad Fittler interview of Bob Fulton that aired before the Manly Bulldogs game, here is what Bob said about re-signing Kieran Foran:

Fittler: (about Foran) "What do you lose when you lose a player like that?"

Fulton: "Well, I must say that we were very close to retaining Kieran Foran, we were probably, you know, twelve hours away from getting his signature also but, in the wash up of getting Kieran's signature, and keeping that halfback pairing together, it might have cost us a Marty Taupau or a Dylan Walker, where we were sort of looking for those two, those two players, to come on board in 17. We had targeted those and we had a strategic plan and, maybe if Kieran did stay, we mightn't have the other two."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4