Could Foran return?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Forme showed his true colours in 14 and 15 where he systematically white anted a club coach who is a legend and put his own self interest above the team and joined a club who are well a bloody farce.

You joined them knowing this could unravel and frankly you will now reap what you sow. This club did everything for you and gave you the chance to be the player you are.

All I know is that our club is now free of the negativity and we have players who are totally committed to our cause. I am greatful for that fact.
Your last sentence is not based off fact but your opinion.

Foran was awarded player of the year at Manly in 2014, mind you i tend to find players don't make the best of judges so i will give you that.

There were other players with a poor attitude during this period and conveniently never or rarely mentioned, in many cases worse than Foran's.

Foran was awarded player of the year at Manly in 2014, mind you i tend to find players don't make the best of judges so i will give you that.

There were other players with a poor attitude during this period and conveniently never or rarely mentioned, in many cases worse than Foran's.

I agree with this. While choc was a big offender snake also had hs nose out of joint big time and from a distance certainly contributed to a culture that played a part in bringing us unstuck. At times his petulance seemed more obvious, well until choc , you know , spoke

There were also other factors but at times i find it vey weird that others are harpooned on a regular basis where others seem to have a free pass.

Snake has been a super footy player, and proves the difference at times, but those times are not as often as they once were

I know he is a forum favorite but i would have kept Gutho and hiku and started fresh. Really surprised bozo didnt

If you seriously think he was committed in 15. We will agree to disagree. He was a disaster for the morale of the team. Shame but he's no longer our problem

Said in the paper yesterday that the Dalai keeps the dramas under wraps, as opposed to what happened at Manly. So no, as Vince McMahon's entrance music says, "NO CHANCE IN HELL".

If you seriously think he was committed in 15. We will agree to disagree. He was a disaster for the morale of the team. Shame but he's no longer our problem
Did i ever state that.

Some of what you call a lack of commitment was self preservation injury wise from a lot of players, in saying that there was obvious signs of a bad attitude running through "many" players.

Foran has been easing back and picking his moments from 2012(even during 2011) onwards, it is more important he stays on the field in a ball playing capacity than make the biggest hits of the game, along with prolong his career.

Not sticking up for his attitude or any other player during this time but at times it is seriously exaggerated.

Manly never had the forward depth and it took it's toll on the optimism/enthusiasm levels exposing the underlying poor attitude when it all became a little too hard.

Did i ever state that.

Some of what you call a lack of commitment was self preservation injury wise from a lot of players, in saying that there was obvious signs of a bad attitude running through "many" players.

Foran has been easing back and picking his moments from 2012(even during 2011) onwards, it is more important he stays on the field in a ball playing capacity than make the biggest hits of the game, along with prolong his career.

Not sticking up for his attitude or any other player during this time but at times it is seriously exaggerated.

Manly never had the forward depth and it took it's toll on the optimism/enthusiasm levels exposing the underlying poor attitude when it all became a little too hard.
You mention self preservation. A big example of that was when we played he Drizzle in Melbourne and Foran had a decent game alas with a bad hamstring. The Manly medical team advised him to rest after that game and not play the test match. He played that test match and was then out for 6 weeks. I saw that as an example of Foran 1st and Manly 2nd.

The bad attitude did include other players thats correct. The seeds for the disastrous 2015 were sown 6 weeks out from the finals when selfishness from a clique in the club ruined a chance we had to win a premiership coupled with some serious injuries.

2015 was one disaster after another and painful to watch. Our forwards did really well considering the quality of players that left and who were injured.

Lets just hope that we are never again in a situation where a marquee player decides to leave when a season is beginning cause that certainly destroyed last season and hopefully our owners learn from this.

You mention self preservation. A big example of that was when we played he Drizzle in Melbourne and Foran had a decent game alas with a bad hamstring. The Manly medical team advised him to rest after that game and not play the test match. He played that test match and was then out for 6 weeks. I saw that as an example of Foran 1st and Manly 2nd.

The bad attitude did include other players thats correct. The seeds for the disastrous 2015 were sown 6 weeks out from the finals when selfishness from a clique in the club ruined a chance we had to win a premiership coupled with some serious injuries.

2015 was one disaster after another and painful to watch. Our forwards did really well considering the quality of players that left and who were injured.

Lets just hope that we are never again in a situation where a marquee player decides to leave when a season is beginning cause that certainly destroyed last season and hopefully our owners learn from this.

2013 Manly played beyond themselves to make another GF, forwards on the way down but our backline class and backrow kept Manly more than competitive.(Roosters had our measure all year and other teams were elevating the power game to a standard Manly were starting to struggle to combat at times)

2014 once again playing above ourselves, a lack of forward depth, power and an ageing battered roster they shouldn't have been so high up the table for over half the season.

All the behind the scenes politics and attitude was pushed aside while the team was winning but the enthusiasm was drained when reality hit Manly against Souths---(deep down the players knew we were not the top team but rode the wave while it lasted) after that the cracks of discontent became huge gaping openings on show for everyone to see in the efforts, along with injuries and the season was over quick smart.

2015 forward depth reduced again, loss of experience and no belief we could be competitive for a sustained period, harder to remain positive with a good attitude if you don't believe in the quality of your roster. Looked soft flat and way off the pace from the start of the season.

Your perspective is that Foran should have put Club before Country, self preservation and the needs of the club first when Manly were not competitive and not a title chance let alone making the 8.

Who wouldn't want a break from all the politics spilling into the playing group that is not playing well, has no chance to be competitive and the option of playing in a strong team representing your country comes up, along with getting a break from the sinking ship.

Foran spilled a lot of blood for this club since 2009 and if he wanted to be selfish in a period when the club was playing poor, full of politics and generally an unhappy place to be i don't blame the bloke.

Lets remember Manly's short revival during 2015 was off the back of Foran having a few good games, says a lot about the input of others not making a difference until Foran started looking fresh and sharp.

2013 Manly played beyond themselves to make another GF, forwards on the way down but our backline class and backrow kept Manly more than competitive.(Roosters had our measure all year and other teams were elevating the power game to a standard Manly were starting to struggle to combat at times)

2014 once again playing above ourselves, a lack of forward depth, power and an ageing battered roster they shouldn't have been so high up the table for over half the season.

All the behind the scenes politics and attitude was pushed aside while the team was winning but the enthusiasm was drained when reality hit Manly against Souths---(deep down the players knew we were not the top team but rode the wave while it lasted) after that the cracks of discontent became huge gaping openings on show for everyone to see in the efforts, along with injuries and the season was over quick smart.

2015 forward depth reduced again, loss of experience and no belief we could be competitive for a sustained period, harder to remain positive with a good attitude if you don't believe in the quality of your roster. Looked soft flat and way off the pace from the start of the season.

Your perspective is that Foran should have put Club before Country, self preservation and the needs of the club first when Manly were not competitive and not a title chance let alone making the 8.

Who wouldn't want a break from all the politics spilling into the playing group that is not playing well, has no chance to be competitive and the option of playing in a strong team representing your country comes up, along with getting a break from the sinking ship.

Foran spilled a lot of blood for this club since 2009 and if he wanted to be selfish in a period when the club was playing poor, full of politics and generally an unhappy place to be i don't blame the bloke.

Lets remember Manly's short revival during 2015 was off the back of Foran having a few good games, says a lot about the input of others not making a difference until Foran started looking fresh and sharp.
That's all in the past. More importantly I'd like to know your thoughts on where the current team and coaching setup is heading TC.

That's all in the past. More importantly I'd like to know your thoughts on where the current team and coaching setup is heading TC.
Certain people need a reminder of what and why things happened in the past as they are unfairly judging an individual.

To me the current team is stuck in a bad situation, not enough size and power in the forwards with pockets of potential here and there.(not enough depth to play hard with power over long periods)

DCE needs to straighten and simplify his game but will find it hard to do so with the lack of power in our game. Puts in 100% with high tackle counts draining him, hurting him and also taking away his sharpness.

DCE feels the pressure of a lack of field position so tries too hard to get us out of the rut. Other times DCE takes a back seat to try and pick his moments better but they don't arrive all that often, compounded by the fact Manly now lack the quality options to create the big play as we have had in previous years, so it gets noticed more when he tries to sit back.

Combine the above with the history between DCE and Stewart, it might be better now relationship wise but i doubt it is at a level which is highly collaborative stifling ideas and creativity.

Brett's legs are not doing much these days, looks very stiff when he runs, experience and improving his all round game has helped Manly but it can only go so far---he is not a natural ballplayer or kicker of the ball looks very awkward in both departments if you ask me.

Barrett is trying to create a team culture with all the new players on board, trying to respect the experienced players in the club while also weighing up who and when they should move on---the direction of the club is more in the transitioning stages than it is developing a premiership winning team at the moment.

Personally speaking i still feel if we had the forward punch Lyon and Matai would still be effective as they would be doing less of the grinding hard work have better field position and space.(yes they need to be moved on but can work with them for the next year or two to remain competitive) Brett worries me though with his stiffness, while at other times he looks sharp---we already have a replacement for Brett but without Brett a big part of our culture and leadership is gone.

Barrett has some very tough decisions to be made along with increasing our power game, for now we are just in a holding pattern trying to remain competitive while bringing in the transition.

Rip the bandage off and we will feel serious pain and dwell at the spoon of the table quick smart, slowly transition and it might take longer than 5 years to get into the position to win another GF---the coach "needs the full support of the club" behind him in a genuine sense.

Last edited:
Certain people need a reminder of what and why things happened in the past as they are unfairly judging an individual.

To me the current team is stuck in a bad situation, not enough size and power in the forwards with pockets of potential here and there.(not enough depth to play hard with power over long periods)

DCE needs to straighten and simplify his game but will find it hard to do so with the lack of power in our game. Puts in 100% with high tackle counts draining him, hurting him and also taking away his sharpness.

DCE feels the pressure of a lack of field position so tries too hard to get us out of the rut. Other times DCE takes a back seat to try and pick his moments better but they don't arrive all that often, compounded by the fact Manly now lack the quality options to create the big play as we have had in previous years, so it gets noticed more when he tries to sit back.

Combine the above with the history between DCE and Stewart, it might be better now relationship wise but i doubt it is at a level which is highly collaborative stifling ideas and creativity.

Brett's legs are not doing much these days, looks very stiff when he runs, experience and improving his all round game has helped Manly but it can only go so far---he is not a natural ballplayer or kicker of the ball looks very awkward in both departments if you ask me.

Barret is trying to create a team culture with all the new players on board, trying to respect the experienced players in the club while also weighing up who and when they should move on---the direction of the club is more in the transitioning stages than it is developing a premiership winning team at the moment.

Personally speaking i still feel if we had the forward punch Lyon and Matai would still be effective as they would be doing less of the grinding hard work have better field position and space.(yes they need to be moved on but can work with them for the next year or two to remain competitive) Brett worries me though with his stiffness, while at other times he looks sharp---we already have a replacement for Brett but without Brett a big part of our culture and leadership is gone.

Barret has some very tough decisions to be made along with increasing our power game, for now we are just in a holding pattern trying to remain competitive while bringing in the transition.

Rip the bandage off and we will feel serious pain and dwell at the spoon of the table quick smart, slowly transition and it might take longer than 5 years to get into the position to win another GF---the coach "needs the full support of the club" behind him in a genuine sense.

Exactly what I said the other day, that we are year 1 into a 5 year rebuild and wouldn't make the 8 this year or next.

For which I was lambasted by some, but I still stand by.

He may be unhappy, but he definetly wont be coming back.

At 1.4M he can stay at squeels and add the their salary cap drama.

Foran is a chronic gambler and bogan. His best days are behind him and his hamstring is gone!!! He will be lucky to still own his home in 5 years, the TAB will. He and Mitchell Pearce will live in a housing flat at MT Druitt together.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6