Corrupt NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is it really any different to anything that went before thou? Thing is today we have so many replays and reporting on stuff that in the past would have been totally ignored.

I look back at the Matthew ridge run and beaver try. No way in a million years would that stand today and that would be a correct call.

We all get on here and beat each others drums in agreeing or winding up and the idea gets a run. We used to do that at the pub but to a much smaller audience....

I’m more talking about the refusal to call the Storm offside, holding down, loitering around the play the ball and holding support player back when the Panthers made a break down the right hand flank. It’s those calls they should have got.

I agree on the Kikau call though.

The loitering around the play the ball is rife throughout the game.
An obvious one last night, there was a stoppage in play so no reason to be there, Fisher Harris was pretty much next to the guy playing the ball, eyeballing the defender then dropped the shoulder on him as he tried to get through.
Touchie 2m away, nothing.
Storm did exactly the same thing next set.
Im sure there were plenty of others but that one stands out.
The touchie on the far side may as well have not been there, missed quite alot especially the Kikau knock on that wasnt

Bit over the NRL actually. Think they take us all for idiots. Thing is however they know we will keep coming back hoping it will change. But big business won’t change there will always be an agenda which us little people have no role in. The whole world is on the take and there’s not a damn thing you or I can do about it.

Last edited:
Is it really any different to anything that went before thou? Thing is today we have so many replays and reporting on stuff that in the past would have been totally ignored.

I look back at the Matthew ridge run and beaver try. No way in a million years would that stand today and that would be a correct call.

We all get on here and beat each others drums in agreeing or winding up and the idea gets a run. We used to do that at the pub but to a much smaller audience....
Not so sure. At the time, it looked like he was held and I still don't think the try should have been given. However, a few years ago I got sick of my St George mate constantly whinging and bringing it up so I got my DVD of the game out and we freeze framed the exact point where Brown lost contact with Ridge just before the ball carrying arm hit the ground. He didn't make contact again until after Ridge got to his feet and Ridge broke clear. The way they analyse things these days I think they would have given it. That said, at the time it didn't look right and it should have been pulled up.

Yea I'm sorry, there's been some 50 50 calls EACH WAY..
the difference is a team of big game experienced players vs a team of kids who are getting taught how to play grand final football...

Exactly how I saw it mate. Sutton was his usual crap self, but Penrith were their own worst enemy with the amount of mistakes they made and unfortunately, old hands at GF's that they are, Melbourne just lapped it up and put 22 points on Penrith before they knew what hit them.

Kikau put in arguably the worst individual GF performance I have ever seen on Sunday night. Mansour made a couple of bad errors (and those errors by Kikau and Mansour led to tries). And it took Cleary 79 minutes to run and take on the line.

TBH, as poor as he was as usual, I wouldn't put the blame on Sutton for Melbourne winning. Penrith did plenty to help that cause.

The NRL do things to benefit themselves and themselves only. To a large extent they don't care which team is playing as its all about the NRL. They play off the media and will do anything to make a game exciting with little regard for players and what is right. The NRL have been all front and bull....t for years. The refs are told what they have to do before running out and rules have been changed to suit the NRL and give the refs more power. The refs can now get a side from one end of the field to the other without much effort and not only that, with these rule changes it actually takes the BLAME of the refs for their own mistakes . The six tackle restart is a testament to that as half the time we don't even know what they are for or why a restart was given. They cover their own backsides at the expense of the teams and players. If that ain't politics then fu..k me sideways. They are nothing more than little hitlers behind closed doors. They now have more room for error in any NRL game without having to justify themselves Even though i wanted panthers to win, they just were not good enough sorry to say.

Fu*k me scam400 gets a sit down cuppa with the nrl bosses after calling the refs cheats. Manly players get suspensions.
This is why Smith is up for next Immortal, he's one of those guys who has changed the game. Before Smith, the players all had to call the ref 'Sir', but Smith has pioneered the ref having to call a player 'Sir', and say things like 'Sorry, sir'.

It used to be pretty sickening the way refs like Harrigan carried on as if it was all about them, but the pendulum has swung too far the other way - it’s just as sickening hearing officials call certain players by their nicknames and openly pander to them. Quite refreshing to watch a game of union in that respect, nothing wrong with calling players by colour/number. Saves both the stuff-ups with newer/lesser known players’ names, and the vomit-inducing ‘Yes Cam, no Cam, three bags full Cam’ routine.

This is why Smith is up for next Immortal, he's one of those guys who has changed the game. Before Smith, the players all had to call the ref 'Sir', but Smith has pioneered the ref having to call a player 'Sir', and say things like 'Sorry, sir'.

It's all ok.

Adbo is "doing the new greenburg" and will "have a chat" with sCam about his ref comments.

I predict after that chat, Adbo will come out and apoligise on behalf on the nrl for making sCam have said chat.

NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo said he will "have a chat to Cameron" but no formal action will be taken against the Storm captain for his comments to referee Gerrard Sutton in Sunday night's grand final.

Abdo said he's certain if Smith had his time again he would choose his words more carefully.

Point to note, Smith didn't say this, Albo is simply "certain" he would have. Lame!

So? Maybe afb would have as well but he (correctly) got pinged. Even if the media lie about him going off at the ref in the tunnel was b/s.

My goodness the nrl are such cowards in the face of this narcissistic sociopath.

thought the mrc said "nothing to see here" and as someone's bro in on this committee (I think) - I'm not sure how much we're allowed to say fmd...this committee are idjits

Last edited:
It's all ok.

Adbo is "doing the new greenburg" and will "have a chat" with sCam about his ref comments.

I predict after that chat, Adbo will come out and apoligise on behalf on the nrl for making sCam have said chat.

NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo said he will "have a chat to Cameron" but no formal action will be taken against the Storm captain for his comments to referee Gerrard Sutton in Sunday night's grand final.

I wonder what Abdo's catchphrase will be..."I observed his general demeanor & could see it wasn't in his character to criticise an official of our game"?

It's all ok.

Abdo said he's certain if Smith had his time again he would choose his words more carefully.

So? Maybe afb would have as well but he (correctly) got pinged. Even if the media lie about him ging at the ref in the tunnel was b/s.

My goodness the nrl are such cowards in the face of this narcissistic sociopath.

thought the mrc said "nothing to see here" and as someone's bro in on this committee (I think) - I'm not sure how much we're allowed to say fmd...this committee are idjits
Something tells me AFB just would have used different words to say the same thing!!

Will be interesting to see the fall-out for the Cows from NRL HQ.

Then even more interesting to see the lack of fall-out for beloved Souths.

Exactly how I saw it mate. Sutton was his usual crap self, but Penrith were their own worst enemy with the amount of mistakes they made and unfortunately, old hands at GF's that they are, Melbourne just lapped it up and put 22 points on Penrith before they knew what hit them.

Kikau put in arguably the worst individual GF performance I have ever seen on Sunday night. Mansour made a couple of bad errors (and those errors by Kikau and Mansour led to tries). And it took Cleary 79 minutes to run and take on the line.

TBH, as poor as he was as usual, I wouldn't put the blame on Sutton for Melbourne winning. Penrith did plenty to help that cause.
But Sutton and the donkey upstairs gave storm a great head start

Wow, cowboys
Oh another NRL cover-up to protect clubs and star players? So who is surprised, really?
On 4 October I emailed the NRL asking a couple of questions about how the Integrity Unit works, after news broke of the huge Souths alleged cover-up.
Never even received an acknowledgment, not even a BS proforma 'your feedback is important to us'.
I guess my email got caught up with all the crap that continues to be routinely swept under the carpet by NRL. At least whenever it suits their strategic plan.

Nothing short of favoritism. God help a Manly player if he said it he would be fined and suspended for sure. PV blew up about this only recently complaining about people questioning the integrity of the officials. Isn't this exactly what Smith did? Hypocrites!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2