Correct me if i'm wrong...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eggson

Bencher
I recall that whole issue of Beaver's last game being a monday night and that meant it'd be hard to organise a farewell and stuff because the final is an NRL run event right?

Well how about this excerpt from SMH:

GET back in your box. Not just the minor premiership JJ Giltinan Shield - which was taken out of its cardboard home and placed neatly back a few minutes later, its owners too embarrassed to accept it on the day they were on the wrong end of history - but also Melbourne's premiership confidence.

The Melbourne players sat forlornly as they farewelled their departing teammates with a tribute after the game. Time To Say Goodbye played through the loudspeakers. The Storm may have also been farewelling their premiership defence. After the Warriors became the first eighth-placed side to topple the minor premiers on the opening finals weekend in the history of the NRL, the Storm now face the prospect of bowing out next weekend, while the Warriors march on to the Roosters with their heads high.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqmatchreport/cardboard-contenders/2008/09/14/1221330642927.html

I know that the shield presentation is a part of the finals bit but what's this farewell to players thing?  The NRL allowed this??

Tell me i'm not understanding this right...

The NRL also gave a tribute to the departing players of both teams after the game at Brookie on Saturday night. Beaver then did an emotional lap. Willo, Bell and Bryant also walked, though behind him. Ryles and Gasnier got a mention and the Manly fans were generous to Gas as he left the field.

I'd assume the reasoning behind it was that the Monday night game was the last official home/away game, with season ticket holders etc,

Ahh nice one, thanks guys.  I'm not trying to kick up things that have been done and dusted by the way, i was just confused.  Shows how drunk I got on saturday night...

Even if we didnt get a tribute - we still won  ;D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7