Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes and probably because all of us old farts are staying at home.

Although in saying that we head north every winter to escape the winter ( yes it does get cool in Brisbane although not by comparison to down south) so I haven’t had the flu in years.
The reptilians have all migrated north too apparently. Probably the safest location to be at present.

Lol, that was the bottom I think we got to 23 in the day and that’s definitely shorts and t-shirt weather BUT for those of us living in south east Queensland 9 is almost arctic conditions.

On the flip side, it's about 4.50pm and 17 degrees.....

and the whole street is melting and crying out for mercy from the unbearable heat!!!

So - kinda what you're used to I guess. lol

India closed the bottle shops? Are they out of their minds?

"A politician in India recently demanded the immediate opening of shops selling alcohol, which had been closed during the country's lockdown.

"When coronavirus can be removed by washing hands with alcohol, then drinking alcohol will surely remove the virus from the throat," said Bharat Singh, a senior member of the Congress Party in Rajasthan state."

"A politician in India recently demanded the immediate opening of shops selling alcohol, which had been closed during the country's lockdown.

"When coronavirus can be removed by washing hands with alcohol, then drinking alcohol will surely remove the virus from the throat," said Bharat Singh, a senior member of the Congress Party in Rajasthan state."

Any excuse will do.

I have several India friends .. and as a result I see facebook comments from them .... at the outbreak of Covid when the Gov't started to advertise the use of alcohol based hand washes, a religous senior jumped on and told all followers not to ... as alcohol was forbidden ....

The wave of pull your head in posts was staggering ... hhaahah ... many also taking the throat wash angle as well ....

That pollie should have to drink a nice big glass of liquid to the required alcohol percentage in hand sanitiser and see how he goes. Also It's a virus, not a bacteria. So.... kinda ineffective btw.

I've forgotten to drink for basically 2 months. I thought I'd feel better than this!
You must be thirsty.....I had a strange conversation on the phone with Mum today...
Mum: Do you only drink beer?
Me: No, sometimes I have a glass of water or a cup of coffee
Mum: I meant alcohol...you know I gave up drinking years ago, I regret it now....

'Should never have shut down': Peter V'Landys makes astonishing claim as NRL return draws closer

ARLC Chairman Peter V'landys has made the astonishing claim the league "should never have shut down" as the NRL prepares for its return to the field in less than a week.

Speaking to News Corp, V'landys admitted he does regret bringing the game to a halt in hindsight because of the entire COVID-19 virus.

V'landys said if he could go back in time, he wouldn't blindly follow other sports in their global shutdown because NSW Racing has managed to solider on throughout the pandemic.

"Racing has proven that you can continue on and if I had my time again, quite frankly, we wouldn't have stopped the rugby league," said V'landys.

Been a really interesting time the “ lockdown” , right at the start my wife was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes so a bit of a “ double whammy “, and that changed everything for her , smaller meal sizes , little to no wine ( she has one glass per week ) and a 12,000 steps a day walking regime.

So , I’ve joined in.

I have two beers a week ( ouch) , that won’t continue but the aim is to lose about 20kg ( me) and at least 10 for her, we are currently on 10 for me 7 for her.

Unlike many who found being at home game them an excuse to eat more we were the opposite , being at home allowed us to really control things.

Our food regime will continue for life now , very little carbs lots of veggies and some meat, going out less has helped.

No I’m not going to be a wowser , and yes I’ll enjoy a beer with mates but it will be followed by the suitable restraint following.

And unlike one of those Facebook posts that says “ dunno who did this but it wasn’t me” this is in fact real.

And thank **** the footy is back!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4