Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry guys. I'll try to be good. Having no football sends you a little loopy and you start to think of more worldly things that actually you have no way to influence or even be heard by those making the decision. Baaaa. Such is our place in the World. Baaaa

Sorry guys. I'll try to be good. Having no football sends you a little loopy and you start to think of more worldly things that actually you have no way to influence or even be heard by those making the decision. Baaaa. Such is our place in the World. Baaaa

Mate, knock yourself out in the politics thread!

Mate, knock yourself out in the politics thread!

Naaa. I should remember the lesson I have been taught over and again but keep forgetting. Never argue about religion or politics. Gets you nowhere because in general its conditioned. Like following a particular rugby league side I guess. I have noticed when someone speaks of the Sea Eagles, I start to salivate.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson and Rabbitohs star Latrell Mitchell have been tested for Covid 19
Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph
May 4, 2020 6:59pm

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson and South Sydney Rabbitohs superstar Latrell Mitchell are both anxiously awaiting results of tests for coronavirus after an eventful first day back for the NRL on Monday.
The Daily Telegraph can also reveal Rabbitohs skipper Adam Reynolds and front-rower Liam Knight were also sent for COVID-19 tests after presenting at training with flu-like symptoms.
Mitchell, Reynolds and Knight arrived at Redfern early on Monday morning for an education day where all players and staff were briefed on strict COVID-19 protocols.
But the trio were quickly diagnosed with flu-like symptoms and isolated from the rest of the team.
Robinson spent the day at home, communicating with his staff in meetings on Zoom.

“You’ve just got to do the right thing and stay away if you’ve got any symptoms, even a runny nose,” he said.

“I’ve heard a few players around the game are in the same boat and couldn’t turn up today. You’ve just got to be super careful.”
Robinson says he hopes to have a clearance to be back at training with the rest of the coaching staff tomorrow to start preparing for the May 28 return to footy.

Naaa. I should remember the lesson I have been taught over and again but keep forgetting. Never argue about religion or politics. Gets you nowhere because in general its conditioned. Like following a particular rugby league side I guess. I have noticed when someone speaks of the Sea Eagles, I start to salivate.

On here the two “ death zones “ are,

God

Politics

Safer to avoid them , although occasionally I can’t help myself.

And the anti vaxxers are apparently refusing the flu shot, which was one of the things each player was supposed to have to get back on the paddock.

The NRL, never dull!!

This winter will be the lowest flu cases in years.

Yes and probably because all of us old farts are staying at home.

Although in saying that we head north every winter to escape the winter ( yes it does get cool in Brisbane although not by comparison to down south) so I haven’t had the flu in years.

Although in saying that we head north every winter to escape the winter ( yes it does get cool in Brisbane although not by comparison to down south) so I haven’t had the flu in years.

Luckily you don't live in Melbourne or Hobart.

The warmer climate is why a lot of people who can afford it spend their retirement years living in places like the Gold Coast.

Albury's not keen on having the Scum around. They probably wouldn't have to worry about JAC being in town for long in any case...

Melbourne Storm arrive in Albury despite council objections
Russell Gould, Herald Sun
May 5, 2020 8:45pm

Objections by three local councillors forced Melbourne Storm to move their Albury training field to an AFL oval for Wednesday’s first session as players prepared for “onerous” restrictions both there and at home.
A pay deal, reached on Monday, was the final hurdle for all NRL clubs to officially resume training which Storm will do in Albury with a focus on ball and gym work, given bans on tackling.

But Albury council has voted that the club cannot use the border town’s sporting facilities. The local council held an extraordinary meeting on Tuesday night.

The councillors passed a motion that council facilities, including the home of the local rugby league club, Greenfields Park, should not be made available to the NRL club.
As a result Storm have sourced the privately owned Albury Sports Ground, used by local AFL side the Albury Tigers.

Dr bruce lipton would say its more about your immune system than anything else.

Spraking of winter it was 9 deg the other morning herr on the goldie. F**king freezing!

Dr bruce lipton would say its more about your immune system than anything else.

Spraking of winter it was 9 deg the other morning herr on the goldie. F**king freezing!

Yes 9 in the Redlands too AND stupid us we go for a really big walk on Sunday morning ( down to the Reddy Bay slipway) for a coffee at our favourite coffee shop , it’s about a 45 minutes walk each way and we leave at 6.30am to get there in time for their 7am opening and yes it was ****ing freezing ( by our standards).

9 degrees is shorts and t-shirt weather

Lol, that was the bottom I think we got to 23 in the day and that’s definitely shorts and t-shirt weather BUT for those of us living in south east Queensland 9 is almost arctic conditions.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2