Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here’s a question:
should the nrl as we know it fold and a new comp started with new teams would you support a northern beaches/northern Sydney club NOT called the sea eagles?

Life as we know it is , and will, change during and especially after this.

Goodness knows what the future holds.

Governments are making decisions that could be wildly wrong or bang on , only time will tell but what I do know is they are trying their best wether you voted for them ( National Cabinet made up all Premiers , Chief Ministers , and Federal Cabinet) or not.

I see so much crap being thrown on Twitter ( and yes people have different opinions) by some journalists and as far as I’m concerned for at least the short term they should shut the **** up.

I wish everyone on here all the best , those that have lost jobs , those that have small businesses, those with pre existing medical conditions and those that are above 60 and as such high risk.

Im lucky , I can at this stage afford to stay home and hopefully ride it out, I really hope you can too!!!
Great post!

Are we taking bets on how long it will be before a Daily Tele journo writes a negative story on a bored NRL player breaking the lockdown guidelines and not social distancing correctly ?

Here’s a question:
should the nrl as we know it fold and a new comp started with new teams would you support a northern beaches/northern Sydney club NOT called the sea eagles?
No. Not a chance. Not even if they played a token game every now and then at Brookie

Are we taking bets on how long it will be before a Daily Tele journo writes a negative story on a bored NRL player breaking the lockdown guidelines and not social distancing correctly ?

Buzz will be all over this and also have Cronulla as part of his Saints most weeks in his Sunday column.

Thanks, there's quite bit to unpack there so I will try not to open up too many rabbit holes :)

Let's maybe talk about risk first: You don't think such a crash would actually happen (I think?) but what do you think the odds would be? 20%, 50%? What about the risk of Coronavirus? What would be the corresponding level of deaths that would meet such a market crash? And then what odds would you give to that happening (under your own containment system)? How would you (and experts) estimate that sort of likelihood?
Lastly, if the containment was to fail and we saw deaths to the equivalent of the financial crisis, what do you think would be the impact to financial and housing markets? Could we end up in the same situation regardless of the measures put in place? It's all about risk for me, but I don't have the expertise to make those assessments.

Pretty curly one lol

I reckon the chance of a total financial crash is about 20 percent. But that’s because I have every confidence in a treatment.relstively soon.

In the absence of a treatment / vaccine in twelve months and a very high death rate a depression is an absolute certainty and I think we would see a society with a total different look. Probably the only real positive would be a society more focused on the worker/ small to medium business than big business and maybe a society more attuned to social justice in the years ahead which would be about time.

If no treatment soon and low death rate I think you’d see something stronger than GFC but probably a quicker return for the economy.

Here’s a question:
Good question but the bigger question in my mind is whether I would be interested in RL. But for the great MWSE, I would have stopped watching NRL years ago. But if Todd goes and the game is restructured with the right priorities, I could be a 'consumer'.

See, it's not so much about a team north of The Bridge for me, but the rich history and fabled stories of past players and club glory. It just wouldn't be the same. I could potentially get interested in a team that has Jake and Tom, but my passion would be nowhere near what it is now.

Pretty curly one lol

I reckon the chance of a total financial crash is about 20 percent. But that’s because I have every confidence in a treatment.relstively soon.

In the absence of a treatment / vaccine in twelve months and a very high death rate a depression is an absolute certainty and I think we would see a society with a total different look. Probably the only real positive would be a society more focused on the worker/ small to medium business than big business and maybe a society more attuned to social justice in the years ahead which would be about time.

If no treatment soon and low death rate I think you’d see something stronger than GFC but probably a quicker return for the economy.
Having my total financial crash now. I run a company that sells aircraft spares into our region... With the fleets grounded nobody is buying but worse nobody is paying their accounts.... Cure cant come soon enough....

Scary stuff for us Eagles. Scott Penn. was notable a couple of weeks ago pleading his case to the NRL

He like many businesses will be struggling so will he be willing to put a million or two aside to fund our great club. I’m sure he loves the club like us and it is not a decision I envy him.

Lastly good luck and heath to our boys and staff who have done us proud of late. Hope you get the chance to don the maroon and white again.

Having my total financial crash now. I run a company that sells aircraft spares into our region... With the fleets grounded nobody is buying but worse nobody is paying their accounts.... Cure cant come soon enough....
I’m really sorry about that Jerry1. That’s a terrible situation, hope your ok mate. Got no words really, stay strong. Talk to people around you or people here if needed mate. Or anyone else for that matter..

Personally iv been told I’ll be made redundant in coming weeks, crazy world at the moment..

Sad to hear. Good luck mate

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4