Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What are the nrl going to do when all the toilet paper has been bought out? :banghead:

Seriously though this could end up with no one going to games and maybe even the nrl cancelling games. If so what would they do? ****s getting serious. No toilet paper at my coles or woolies.... there's always newspaper :rofl:

Edit. Went to Chatswood the other night and it was empty... there were a few people and some had masks :(

One in 35 who contract the disease die and the vast majority of those are the very elderly or have dangerous preconditions.Healthy people have symptoms that resemble a bad flu.
My Mrs had five in her emergency ward up here and they were fine.Home now.
SARS was less contagious but far more deadly
They dealt with SARS they’ll deal with this

For the laid back country we claim to be we sure know how to panic so yes I’m sure it will effect games if the ridiculous paranoia persists.

Last edited:
One in 35 who contract the disease die and the vast majority of those are the very elderly or have dangerous preconditions.Healthy people have symptoms that resemble a bad flu.

For the laid back country we claim to be we sure know how to panic so yes I’m sure it will effect games if the ridiculous paranoia persists.
It's getting out of hand... All the toilet paper rice tissues and hand sanitizer out of stock the other day. Last night 3 different servos that usually have a pallet outside of toilet paper all empty.. No pallets. Yikes!

Screenshot_20200305-205614_Samsung Internet.jpg
anyone else getting this ad

It's been interesting to read about the level of hysteria in Australia - I am actually surprised tbh.

I live in Singapore now so we have been on heightened alert for about a month with the Ministry of Health imposing pretty stringent procedures. The kids get their temperature checked as they go into school and the same goes for people entering buildings in the city. If you have a high temperature, they won't let you in. Also, if you have been to mainland China and certain cities in the region, you need to self-quarantine for 14-days before going to work and these are (allegedly) enforced. After a month, things seem to be returning to normal.

We had the same thing re shortages of essentials, but this only lasted a few days because there were plenty of stocks in warehouses. I suspect it is the same in Australia.

In general, though, I think people in Singapore are a bit more conscious of not spreading their germs. You often see people wearing face masks and they do isolate themselves when unwell, which you don't see in Australia. I remember catching public transport in Australia and sitting in the same area as someone hocking their lungs up and thinking, 'yep, give me a couple of days and I will have that too'.

I am kind of ashamed about the amount of times I turned up to work thinking that it somehow proved how dedicated I was to my job when I was quite sick (particularly early in my career). Apart from not looking after myself, all I really did was expose others. It makes a big difference if people take responsibility for themselves and think about others - if you feel unwell, stay home and those who manage teams should actively promote this (OK, enough preaching from me...).

My next door neighbours are both nurses at the local hospital. They are both doing massive hours. He’s asked me if I can feed his animals, as they are both lucky to be getting 6 hours sleep. They reckon if you think the toilet roll fiasco is out of control, then come down and check out there A&E. They both said the msm is feeding the frenzy.

Epping boys high school will be shut down tomorrow, as a student has tested positive to the virus. You’re right @Bring back the.... Biff? , this could have a huge impact on the footy season. (I know that sounds heartless, but we are in uncharted waters imo).

Id love to hear @yokahontas take on the situation. As I’m guessing she is on the front line.

Epping boys high school will be shut down tomorrow, as a student has tested positive to the virus. You’re right @Bring back the.... Biff? , this could have a huge impact on the footy season. (I know that sounds heartless, but we are in uncharted waters imo).

Id love to hear @yokahontas take on the situation. As I’m guessing she is on the front line.
Wow that's really bad... this is crazy! It is definitely going to have an impact on the nrl... foxtel subscriptions will go through the roof though :) but i can see the crowd figures dropping alot this season. Scomo says there is a plan in place.... this scares me the most

Not surprising Ranga, when you consider that we have a whole generation that get all their information from memes or 2 sec click bait headlines ....

I don’t think anyone under the age of 30 actually watch ( or listen ) to a full news show.

Funny but I probably watch / listen to a couple of hours a day, all different sources so you get some sort of balance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4