Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
China still has many thousands of cases but crucially, new cases have reduced to a trickle and (they say) are being brought in by people returning from overseas. They are starting to get people back to work, according to this (updated yesterday):
9:15 am: China’s resumption of work rises
The resumption of work rate for small and medium-sized enterprises throughout the country reached 71.7% as of March 24, China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology disclosed Wednesday. The ministry also noted the figure marked an increase of 42.1 percentage points from a month ago. — Evelyn Cheng

Australia is taking a different approach to that taken by China, see this for comparisons
Thanks Mao

They may be pulling the wool over our eyes, but I suspect not. WHO are there monitoring, and their action, though harsh, isolated almost everyone. The outcome? Those who had the disease either died or recovered, and once recovered it seems the infection cant be passed on further. if there''s no one to pass it on, the virus dies. However as I've noted in certain articles, its important not to take the brakes off too soon, because even a small group of infected people can restart the whole process, as has been seen in the past when its been assumed a disease has been broken.

This Corona Virus is Real and so is our Great clubs Extinction
The great news is ....
Passion always Prevails !
download.jpg

Just on china;

Since the start of the week, seven large funeral homes in Wuhan have been handing out the cremated remains of around 500 people to their families every day, suggesting that far more people died than ever made the official statistics.

"It can't be right ... because the incinerators have been working round the clock, so how can so few people have died?" an Wuhan resident surnamed Zhang told RFA on Friday.

"They started distributing ashes and starting interment ceremonies on
Monday," he said.

Seven funeral homes currently serve Wuhan -- a huge conurbation of three cities: Hankou, Wuchang and Hanyang.

Social media users have been doing some basic math to figure out their daily capacity, while the news website Caixin.com reported that 5,000 urns had been delivered by a supplier to the Hankou Funeral Home in one day alone -- double the official number of deaths.

Some social media posts have estimated that all seven funeral homes in Wuhan are handing out 3,500 urns every day in total.

Funeral homes have informed families that they will try to complete cremations before the traditional grave-tending festival of Qing Ming on April 5, which would indicate a 12-day process beginning on March 23.

Such an estimate would mean that 42,000 urns would be given out during that time.

Various calculations

Another popular estimate is based on the cremation capacity of the funeral homes, which run a total of 84 furnaces with a capacity over 24 hours of 1,560 urns city-wide, assuming that one cremation takes one hour.

Read the full article

Just on china;

Since the start of the week, seven large funeral homes in Wuhan have been handing out the cremated remains of around 500 people to their families every day, suggesting that far more people died than ever made the official statistics.

"It can't be right ... because the incinerators have been working round the clock, so how can so few people have died?" an Wuhan resident surnamed Zhang told RFA on Friday.

"They started distributing ashes and starting interment ceremonies on
Monday," he said.

Seven funeral homes currently serve Wuhan -- a huge conurbation of three cities: Hankou, Wuchang and Hanyang.

Social media users have been doing some basic math to figure out their daily capacity, while the news website Caixin.com reported that 5,000 urns had been delivered by a supplier to the Hankou Funeral Home in one day alone -- double the official number of deaths.

Some social media posts have estimated that all seven funeral homes in Wuhan are handing out 3,500 urns every day in total.

Funeral homes have informed families that they will try to complete cremations before the traditional grave-tending festival of Qing Ming on April 5, which would indicate a 12-day process beginning on March 23.

Such an estimate would mean that 42,000 urns would be given out during that time.

Various calculations

Another popular estimate is based on the cremation capacity of the funeral homes, which run a total of 84 furnaces with a capacity over 24 hours of 1,560 urns city-wide, assuming that one cremation takes one hour.

Read the full article

Read the article before. May or may not mean that they are hiding the information. May also mean that they have been foreseeing a far worse outcome, and were preparing for a worse case scenario including the large number of new hospitals they were building. We know they are better at such action than elsewhere in the World even if their tactics are downright ruthless. But so far its all conjecture. If they are lying, it means nothing in respect of the danger this disease poses. One would hope they are telling the truth and that such measures work. If not then what does that say for our future?

Read the article before. May or may not mean that they are hiding the information. May also mean that they have been foreseeing a far worse outcome, and were preparing for a worse case scenario including the large number of new hospitals they were building. We know they are better at such action than elsewhere in the World even if their tactics are downright ruthless. But so far its all conjecture. If they are lying, it means nothing in respect of the danger this disease poses. One would hope they are telling the truth and that such measures work. If not then what does that say for our future?

Optimistic or delusional ?

I know similar has been mentioned before but 25,000 die every day from starvation and hunger.
Everyday.

Sick of hearing from Andrew Johns and his wisdom. Wants the four weakest clubs axed - yeah - and he named them just last week and one is Manly.
I wish he was out of the game, he is a turncoat. I would rather listen to Erin Molan. At least she is completely impartial and still has a good footy brain.
NYEagle

So if we follow the bouncing ball the government has effectively sacked a few million aussies, killed off many small and large businesses sending many bankrupt.
They have also announced billions and billions in centerlink, mental health and for hospitals as well as getting the army involved. And will need to spend billions more as the economy will be farked for years to come.

All for a virus that has a short life.

Why did they not just pay everybodys wages for three weeks to stay at home in strick quarantine? No businesses closed, nobody sacked (ok maybe cruise ship staff) no panic at the hospitals. Instead we send the economy down the toilet, ruin peoples lives and livelihoods.

And they did all this without explaining their modeling and without involoving the opposition and now we are basically a dictatorship with parlimemt closed.

Just on china;

Since the start of the week, seven large funeral homes in Wuhan have been handing out the cremated remains of around 500 people to their families every day
First casualty of war is the truth. And every leader has been describing the corona attacks as a war.
So I totally agree we should all be absorbing information with a critical eye.
In particular when quoting articles by known propaganda agencies such as the US govt funded Radio Free Asia. And in particular at at time when the US is facing a monumental calamity and the US govt (or key figures in it) are desperate to deflect blame.

Keep an open mind about everything we hear, is my best suggestion. Info direct from the health professionals is probably the most reliable source, because compared with politicians they don't have such a vested interest in 'colouring' the facts.

I know similar has been mentioned before but 25,000 die every day from starvation and hunger.
Everyday.
Those numbers will escalate drastically when the poorest countries start to get hit by corona virus because they don’t have solid health infrastructure to begin with.

Not exactly sure what your point is?

China .. 90,000 cases one day .... no new cases the next .... seems about right .... let's all hail China and it's lickspittle the WHO .... the bastions of truth and transperentcy ...
Haha I just posted about remaining sceptical of news reports in general. But I'm not sure if you are suggesting China is exaggerating the seriousness, or trying to downplay it?

Everyone will (or at least, should!) make their own choices as to which sources are credible and which ones make sense.
Here’s a short snippet of a pretty wealthy bloke speaking yesterday (he had a lot more to say and I thought he seemed very well-informed and credible in his comments)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2