Corey Allan to the dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What about the chances of Matt Burton to the Bulldogs ‘after’ round one. Penrith unsettle bulldogs pre-season/combinations and then don’t have to pay a cent for him then and enabling them to resign Crichton?

Always becomes a bit awkward when a player of obvious i st grade ability like Burton has already committed elsewhere for the following season and could find it difficult to break into his current club 's top side . Maybe a bench option or when Cleary on rep duties but they also have May still there also . Really could not rule anything out the way things seem to pan out sometimes but one thing for sure , the Panthers are going to have to significantly upgrade Crichton 's contract to retain him . Burton could most likely make a fairly decent 9 also , That is one option that i would not mind for Manly if it could be at all feasible which is unfortunately not the case right now ..

Really **** the dogs the rail roaded our 2011 grand final win. Another thing while that **** is coach they never be able to grind out wins it's not in his DNA

In my opinion the NRL want Roosters, Souths, Dragons, Dogs, Eels and Wests to be Sydney's only clubs, for these clubs to always be strong enough to be competitive every season, playing each other twice each season, all playing out of the big stadiums and both clubs sharing the day's gate takings and corporates. Anzac Day, Mothers Day, Queens birthday etc etc.

Manly, Penrith & Sharks don't fit in that picture. Even if these three clubs eventually play out of their own rebuilt smaller home stadiums, they will never be able to compete financially.

Correct me if I'm wrong but im sure the dogs originally signed:
Hoppa to be their #1 (then shifted to centres) and then Nick Meany followed by Dwz... all for #1 (now shifted to wing). Now Allan has signed to be #1 & rumour has it that the fox was heading to dogs to play #1 the following season so that's a lot of fullback wannabes?!

Manly, Penrith & Sharks don't fit in that picture. Even if these three clubs eventually play out of their own rebuilt smaller home stadiums, they will never be able to compete financially.

How important is that these days ? .. I am not making a statement, but asking a question ... with the NRL paying 100% of players contracts, and most of the football dept expenses, each club only has to stump up about one or 2 million a year ... very doable for most owners and lic'ned clubs ...

And as the Bronco's have shown over the past decade, plenty of dollars and NRL favouritism doesn't necessarily bring a Premiership ..

How important is that these days ? .. I am not making a statement, but asking a question ... with the NRL paying 100% of players contracts, and most of the football dept expenses, each club only has to stump up about one or 2 million a year ... very doable for most owners and lic'ned clubs ...

And as the Bronco's have shown over the past decade, plenty of dollars and NRL favouritism doesn't necessarily bring a Premiership ..
Most of your main points there are very valid but not the additional or really necessary fiances over and above the N R L allocation of about 13 mil . 20 to 22 mil regarded as being the annual club outlay required for general club operations in recent times . That is where quality and standard of home grounds and facilities would or is important to encourage and support decent home ground crowds and so on for instance . Sure that there would be a big difference between an average home crowd of say 10 or 12 , 000 spectators then 16 to 20 thousand Not that a good standard ground will guarantee or always result in healthy home crowds . Let 's hope however that Brokkie can get its fair share of funds from whatever sources to at least have a reasonable standard home ground going forward .

In my opinion the NRL want Roosters, Souths, Dragons, Dogs, Eels and Wests to be Sydney's only clubs, for these clubs to always be strong enough to be competitive every season, playing each other twice each season, all playing out of the big stadiums and both clubs sharing the day's gate takings and corporates. Anzac Day, Mothers Day, Queens birthday etc etc.

I disagree about The 'Riff. Their football nursery is the best and largest in NSW, while their Leagues Club is a financial behemoth.
Manly and Cronulla are the runts of the litter, and until a financially strong and benevolent owner such as URL takes over Manly I know we will continue to struggle, particularly off the field.

Because the comp is won from the amount a club can spend on the off field staff, coach and facilities.

Which just proves that the salary cap is a myth and a farce. It restricts player salaries, while at the same time clubs can freely spend and even go broke on anything else they want. The cap was supposed to even out the comp. But it doesn't and can't.

I disagree about The 'Riff. Their football nursery is the best and largest in NSW, while their Leagues Club is a financial behemoth.
Manly and Cronulla are the runts of the litter, and until a financially strong and benevolent owner such as URL takes over Manly I know we will continue to struggle, particularly off the field.

The best business model for Manly's owners should be to promote 1 home game at ANZ Stadium each year and make sure it sells out all seats and all corporates. Make it an annual 'go to' event for every Manly fan. They would make more money in one day than all of the Brookie home games combined. The Manly fans are out there as we saw them fill ANZ for the grand final vs Warriors.

A lot of the London RU clubs use this model. They have home grounds no bigger or better than Brookie is. They sell out 1 game at Twickenham each season.

The Big Game is an annual rugby union match hosted by Harlequins during the Christmas holiday season each year. It is one of Harlequins' regular home matches in the Premiership Rugby but it is moved from their usual home ground at the Twickenham Stoop (14,816 capacity) to the much larger Twickenham Stadium (82,000 seats).

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4