Controversy Corner - keep it real

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
but surely you can kick Croker or Schu to the centres, push a centre out to wing and cust to hooker....

I would think that Croker would be first option but then again Croker defends in the middle and Schu lives on an edge anyways...

either way you don't need Suli to cover...

Mate ... there is a lot of things you can do ... but changing 3 or more positions with blokes playing out of position isn't necessarily a good plan if it can be avoided .. but as I said ... I have no idea why Suli is on the bench ... or whether he is cover for backs, forwards or simply being taught a lesson ..

Mate ... there is a lot of things you can do ... but changing 3 or more positions with blokes playing out of position isn't necessarily a good plan if it can be avoided .. but as I said ... I have no idea why Suli is on the bench ... or whether he is cover for backs, forwards or simply being taught a lesson ..
my point is that they have both played those sorts of roles previously and it seems daft to lose a 3rd rotation forward so that a back-up centre/wing can sit on the bench and eat fried chicken?

he can got to Bankstown and be taught a lesson on their time...

Des is doing a fine job when you look at how many kids, fill-ins and budget signings we have in the 17.

Last week
Garrick - modest contract
Parker - fill-in - modest contract
Harper - young - modest contract
Saab - very young - signed on potential
Schuster - very young - inexperienced
Haumole - very young - inexperienced
Paseka - very young for a prop
Keppie - very young for a prop
Saddler - still in nappies
Croker - fill in - first year hooker
Cust - fill in utility - modest contract
Sipley -modest contract

Boy, is it any wonder why Turbo is so important. Well done Des - well done coaching team.
good points when you put it like that it all makes sense, also means that Des is a genii

Well there’s one thing I’d say about Scorpio , just like a other member of our team he’s not going to be “ the next immortal “!!

Nevertheless both of them are “ doing a job “ and I guess that’s all we can expect.

Got to confess that I am baffled by the Suli on the bench ... my best guess is that with Cust on the bench we have no coverage whatsoever for an injury to a centre, fullback or winger, hence Suli ... and that Dessie is happy with his forward rotation limited to just 2 regular forwards on the bench ... worked last week .. but if a couple of forwards go down we would be struggling ... unlike many I am not convinced Suli is being considered as a 2nd rower but I was wrong once in 1967 or 68 ... like you suggest, I am not sure he has the work ethic required of a good backrower ....

So, in summary ... I don't know ..
Last week it was definitely a numbers thing, we just didn't have another body capable. This week I think we may see Suli make way for Saddler on game day. If not, is Des utilizing his interchange differently with the new 18th man rule, or maybe punishing Zach for his brain snap?

This thread I dedicate to blow ups, agreements and simply what you believe...
I'll start - Parker is a gutsy player and today again, made some outstanding 1 on 1 tackles and tough hit ups...then on the flip side was given 2 - 3 obvious opportunities outside his man in attack, and was shut down abruptly due to lack of pace.
I still give credit as played his part in another much needed win, but his lack of pace can be frustrating to watch....
I will keep it as passionate and real as you want it to be feathered friend

Slow backs are a liability in the modern fast game

God Speed every one . Have a Thrilling day

I will keep it as passionate and real as you want it to be feathered friend

Slow backs are a liability in the modern fast game

God Speed every one . Have a Thrilling day
There you are Bozo, so quick could hardly read your post !! @:eek:
In truth mate, I think myself and all Manly fans are delighted to finally have that blistering speed out wide and some of these long distance Manly tries recently, have had me off the coach spilling bourbon on myself :happy:

Just heard on the radio Walker pleaded guilty in court today.

WTF? Couldn't he have done that way back in his first appearance & been punished (by both the law & the NRL) by now?

"Out of character offence" lol

Last edited:
I thought Tyrell Fuimaono was hard done by, being sent off for the Papenhuyzen KO.

There weren't enough replays from various angles to see for sure but I base my belief on:

Papenhuyzen was crouched & falling into the tackle.
There was no swinging arm from Fuimaono.
It didn't look like direct contact to the head to me, more like a smothering-from-behind tackle.

Papenhuyzen lay facedown looking like he was out cold after that in-goal collision with Morris earlier in the season but jumped to his feet awake & alert & only left the field due to a shoulder injury.

I think Papenhuyzen stayed down to get the penalty & any other potential advantage from it then was told to remain down by the trainers until he was medi-vacced off.

It should have been 10 in the bin maximum IMO.

I thought Tyrell Fuimaono was hard done by, being sent off for the Papenhuyzen KO.

There weren't enough replays from various angles to see for sure but I base my belief on:

Papenhuyzen was crouched & falling into the tackle.
There was no swinging arm from Fuimaono.
It didn't look like direct contact to the head to me, more like a smothering-from-behind tackle.

Papenhuyzen lay facedown looking like he was out cold after that in-goal collision with Morris earlier in the season but jumped to his feet awake & alert & only left the field due to a shoulder injury.

I think Papenhuyzen stayed down to get the penalty & any other potential advantage from it then was told to remain down by the trainers until he was medi-vacced off.

It should have been 10 in the bin maximum IMO.
It was certainly a Lazarus like resurrection - either way he will be out next weekend.

Just heard on the radio Walker pleaded guilty in court today.

WTF? Couldn't he have done that way back in his first appearance & been punished (by both the law & the NRL) by now?

"Out of character offence" lol

Think it was more a deal that convinced him to plead guilty. He was facing 2 assault charges but they dropped 1.
I guess the second would have had a bigger implication ?

There you are Bozo, so quick could hardly read your post !! @:eek:
In truth mate, I think myself and all Manly fans are delighted to finally have that blistering speed out wide and some of these long distance Manly tries recently, have had me off the coach spilling bourbon on myself :happy:
Hope you weren't driving that coach. :p

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6