Controversy Corner - keep it real

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This thread I dedicate to blow ups, agreements and simply what you believe...
I'll start - Parker is a gutsy player and today again, made some outstanding 1 on 1 tackles and tough hit ups...then on the flip side was given 2 - 3 obvious opportunities outside his man in attack, and was shut down abruptly due to lack of pace.
I still give credit as played his part in another much needed win, but his lack of pace can be frustrating to watch....

Walker for Parker for sure, that left edge needs some pace, would like to see Foz go short to Schuster more often also near the opponents line.

DCE needs to go short to Guaca more often also, we haven’t scored many tries with the forwards this season.

Walker for Parker for sure, that left edge needs some pace, would like to see Foz go short to Schuster more often also near the opponents line.

DCE needs to go short to Guaca more often also, we haven’t scored many tries with the forwards this season.

Well done for joining the Warriors forum and having a chin wag without anyone going ballistic!

Well done for joining the Warriors forum and having a chin wag without anyone going ballistic!
I gotta be honest - it's Manly all day - daylight 2nd, but if there's 1 other team I don't mind it's the Warriors and I wouldv'e been cheering them on last Sunday against anyone except Manly and I like their supporters....have heaps of NZ mates and they are fun , friendly banter - not D***heads

I gotta be honest - it's Manly all day - daylight 2nd, but if there's 1 other team I don't mind it's the Warriors and I wouldv'e been cheering them on last Sunday against anyone except Manly and I like their supporters....have heaps of NZ mates and they are fun , friendly banter - not D***heads
Very accurate summary.

Simplest way to judge Parker ... is by his pay grade ... I doubt he is on more than $200k ... which is proof that he is seen as a depth player, and not the 1st choice strike centre some expect him to play like ... and on those terms his performances rate a 10/10 from me ..

As opposed to say a Suli ... who is on good 1st choice coin ... who rates a hit and miss 6/10 from me ...

should be a straight forward transition for Brad into the back row if needed or as a bench player but i guess that " should " is the operative word as i st grade level is the requirement here . No doubt it is going to be a serious consideration soon with Suli now available and maybe Walker soon also . Tough call if it comes and Brad is replaced in the run on side as he has been contributing well but again to that notion of the best available side to take the field and with Suli and Walker to come into contention again as centres or utilities . Also , probably not out of the question to have Walker on the bench talking into account that Cust and Suli are there now .

I was just having a browse on the Broncs game day forum and they cut n paste my earlier post around the Broncs training session with my kids team. Sone interesting responses haha.

Simplest way to judge Parker ... is by his pay grade ... I doubt he is on more than $200k ... which is proof that he is seen as a depth player, and not the 1st choice strike centre some expect him to play like ... and on those terms his performances rate a 10/10 from me ..

As opposed to say a Suli ... who is on good 1st choice coin ... who rates a hit and miss 6/10 from me ...
Think that Brad would be on a bit more then that but not that much more and take your point about relative expectations and pay grades . No doubt is going to depend again on just how much Suli and Walker can make the case to be selected ahead of him soon or anytime soon . Still good to have reliable and steady club men like Brad on the books even if he is essentially or generally classed as a good depth type player

Hey Woodsie, would you think Des is of the same opinion on Suli? Bench player last week - didn't get a run because the team was OK and again this week? Hedging his team. Personally I would have named Saddler in place of Suli but I'm thinking upon your line of thought? Speed a bit of size, question is about the heart and the will.

I was just having a browse on the Broncs game day forum and they cut n paste my earlier post around the Broncs training session with my kids team. Sone interesting responses haha.

I like that they took your kids questions in the right mind set - (the forum, I mean) but yup they didn't seem surprised that milford wasn't interested.

then the thread turned into a 'kinda hope Tom gets injured early - but not too badly 'cause he's good to watch'.

Hey Woodsie, would you think Des is of the same opinion on Suli? Bench player last week - didn't get a run because the team was OK and again this week? Hedging his team. Personally I would have named Saddler in place of Suli but I'm thinking upon your line of thought? Speed a bit of size, question is about the heart and the will.

Got to confess that I am baffled by the Suli on the bench ... my best guess is that with Cust on the bench we have no coverage whatsoever for an injury to a centre, fullback or winger, hence Suli ... and that Dessie is happy with his forward rotation limited to just 2 regular forwards on the bench ... worked last week .. but if a couple of forwards go down we would be struggling ... unlike many I am not convinced Suli is being considered as a 2nd rower but I was wrong once in 1967 or 68 ... like you suggest, I am not sure he has the work ethic required of a good backrower ....

So, in summary ... I don't know ..

We are a little light on troops and it appears to me that the coach is of the view that some of the top 30 players are not ready for the big show yet. Got a feeling Des is trying to make it clear to Suli he needs to earn his spot which is a good thing but bench warmers put a lot of pressure on the rest of the 17 especially the forwards. Might see him get a run in the pack if we are lucky enough to be well ahead.

Des is doing a fine job when you look at how many kids, fill-ins and budget signings we have in the 17.

Last week
Garrick - modest contract
Parker - fill-in - modest contract
Harper - young - modest contract
Saab - very young - signed on potential
Schuster - very young - inexperienced
Haumole - very young - inexperienced
Paseka - very young for a prop
Keppie - very young for a prop
Saddler - still in nappies
Croker - fill in - first year hooker
Cust - fill in utility - modest contract
Sipley -modest contract

Boy, is it any wonder why Turbo is so important. Well done Des - well done coaching team.

Last edited:
Des is doing a fine job when you look at how many kids, fill-ins and budget signings we have in the 17.

Last week
Garrick - modest contract
Parker - fill-in - modest contract
Harper - young - modest contract
Saab - very young - signed on potential
Schuster - very young - inexperienced
Haumole - very young - inexperienced
Paseka - very young for a prop
Keppie - very young for a prop
Saddler - still in nappies
Croker - fill in - first year hooker
Cust - fill in utility - modest contract
Sipley -modest contract

Boy, is it any wonder why Turbo is so important. Well done Des - well done coaching team.

And yet ... only 2 of those 12 you name was signed by Dessie ... Well done Baz !

Got to confess that I am baffled by the Suli on the bench ... my best guess is that with Cust on the bench we have no coverage whatsoever for an injury to a centre, fullback or winger, hence Suli ... and that Dessie is happy with his forward rotation limited to just 2 regular forwards on the bench ... worked last week .. but if a couple of forwards go down we would be struggling ... unlike many I am not convinced Suli is being considered as a 2nd rower but I was wrong once in 1967 or 68 ... like you suggest, I am not sure he has the work ethic required of a good backrower ....

So, in summary ... I don't know ..
but surely you can kick Croker or Schu to the centres, push a centre out to wing and cust to hooker....

I would think that Croker would be first option but then again Croker defends in the middle and Schu lives on an edge anyways...

either way you don't need Suli to cover...

FACTS - I know you love them on those rare occasions it suits.

Garrick, Saab, Saddler, Harper - all signed by Des.

Schuster, Haumole, Parker and Cust - all here in the junior grades under Toovey.

Thanks Baz! lolololol - too funny!

How's them Doggies looking @Woodsie?

In all seriousness - do you have a personal relationship with Trent?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6