Contact Warringah Council Directly [Link Inside]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win the battle of the Brookie fees?

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Warringah Council

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • FOLLOW LINK on 1st page of THIS THREAD to TELL COUNCIL YOUR VIEW!

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
There are bigger issues at stake here than just what happens re: Brookvale Oval. In the overall scheme of things, that is a piddling issue.

Just a pity that someone living at Cromer in the new greater Pittwater, might have to pay to park at DYB, one of their local beaches, in the new greater Manly.
I can see how someone now having to pay to park at DY Beach might be a big issue for them. But it actually works in reverse too. Only in bigger numbers. Currently NB residents, on average, have to pay to park at 2/3rds of the beaches on the peninsular. That will reduce to only 1/2 of the beaches. Too bad it wasn't merged into a single council, then we'd have to pay at none.

Manlys constitution does not help this situation one bit. Its well publicised that they can not take any more games away. The council know this and are trying it on.

Thats business. Its an essential ingredient for the club and they know it and are milking it. Essentially the club has no choice but to pay the price even if its a million dollars as those who control it dont pay for it, or care much about those who do

And this was a surprise for the Penns when they bought in and took over, when? Did they not consider this against the constitution, unchanged since we privatised?

Perhaps a less hostile attitude to the FC could ease some of these other issues, but why would the FC now lift a finger after the sustained attacks against it over recent times including the promotion of the idea of even more games out of Brookie, without FC engagement?

All this was either known, or obvious, for the Penns when they committed.

So why in previous years when the club lost money did we not move extra games or game away. The franchise financial viability. How is this determined and who decides how much of a loss is ok and how much isnt
Interestingly the last bloke to run the organisation into a profit, was pillared (and leaked against) from within, then moved on.

This is the last dance for Warringah council. Fingers crossed I'll soon be in Pittwater again - thank ****.

I'm sure all the local retail and hospitality business owners around Brooky will be thrilled with their council... What effwits.

Maybe we could play out of My Fluffy's back yard? probably has a property big enough somewhere.

And won't that make Mr Fluffy happy.

He's out of the LC with a massive profit and won't need the FC for any reason what so ever.

I won't be saying " I told you so ", rather it's been a forgone conclusion that this is where we'd end up.
No doubt this was the end game, there was never going to be a significant redevelopment. I love Brookvale Oval, but it really is a ****hole and not up to standard, nevertheless it will be sad if we don't play there anymore.

And won't that make Mr Fluffy happy.

He's out of the LC with a massive profit and won't need the FC for any reason what so ever.

I won't be saying " I told you so ", rather it's been a forgone conclusion that this is where we'd end up.
Maybe, but I can't exempt the council in all of this - they have been the proverbial pain in our collective arses for years.

I remember Manly complaining about the exorbitant rent they have had to pay to council for years, even before the penns jumped in.

Does anyone know if the deal for last year was any worse than the previous years?

Obviously the new fees are over the top but I wonder if the penns started a fight with council on purpose.

If they have in fact increased the fees the last 2 years, then I can understand the penns digging their heels in.

End result will see us playing at Allianz and lots of corporate $ flowing into their coffers to help pay for the running of the team.

I always thought this was their preferred choice once redevelopment plans were announced for Allianz.

As a season ticket holder, I don't mind moving a few big games to Allianz anyway. As long as we play 6 games at Brookie per year, I'm happy.

I would imagine the penns would have to pay the council this year as they can't move the games away from Brookie with members already on board with 10 game season tickets (like me).

2017 will be a different story.

It's going to be a very interesting few weeks for us all.

I am really glad that the club are standing up to the council over this cause the prices the council want are unreasonable and last year the club was badly short changed.

I am concerned that we are only 8 weeks a way from game 1 at Brookvale and this is still unresolved. I just hope that the club is fair to all the fans who have purchased season tickets in the event that Brookvale is not available.

It is hard to understand for all these years the club has played there and its only been a fuss over the last decade. To me this is break point for the ground If Manly do leave Brookvale , there is no way back as the club have to survive and need a sustainable home ground.

I hope that common sense prevails and we can get a fair agreement with the council but I am not holding my breath over that.

Off topic does anyone know of accommodation near brookie for round 1. Normally stay at travellodge but booked out. Also do I get tickets through the club because I think she might be a sellout and just usually turn up .

Off topic does anyone know of accommodation near brookie for round 1. Normally stay at travellodge but booked out. Also do I get tickets through the club because I think she might be a sellout and just usually turn up .
Maybe look up accommodation in the city...It could be at Allianz

Guess we will see how the trial at rat park goes. It may be a trial for more than just the FG team.

I have made my feelings about the Penns quite clear.

However I agree with them here. The reasons why;
The ground was gifted to the council and they have not spent any money upgrading it to modern day standards since they have owned it.
They have failed to maintain the playing surface, not just last year.
This statement claims other sports are charged 1k but the Eagles 50-60k.

Warringah Council would probably LOVE to knock down Brookie and fill it with units. They'd crack a major fat over the rates. Considering the two councils that bookend them, they have turned their section into just units upon units with no thought about supporting infrastructure or schooling or anything. If you want to call someone money hungry in this fight it's not Fluffy...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4