Contact Warringah Council Directly [Link Inside]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win the battle of the Brookie fees?

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Warringah Council

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • FOLLOW LINK on 1st page of THIS THREAD to TELL COUNCIL YOUR VIEW!

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
So if it does happen that down the track we have just three "back to Brookie" games, how does this provide enough financial resources from fees to Council to cover maintaining the ground to NRL standard for those three games?

Council will probably charge manly $200k a game to play there

I just find it rude that they want to charge $60k to hire the ground per NRL game yet can't even guarantee the quality of the playing surface.

The sad thing is that from a purely financial standpoint, as things currently stand we're actually better off if we played home games at the SFS or Gosford.

If the Council reckons they are losing money and don't want to be the scapegoat, why don't they just offer Manly a $1 p.a. lease (possibly with restrictions built in that the ground be available to the public), with Manly responsible to meet NRL ground standards, cleaning, maintenance, etc?
But Manly don't want the cost of upkeep and maintenance either.

NRL renegotiated the Titans' $1m rental of CBUS, so the question is why they don't do the same for Manly :wondering:

Would be interesting to know the rental on Penrith, as all the other stadiums are State owned, or in the case of the Sharks, owned by the Club @:cool:

Manly signed a contract value for 2014 and chose not to pay up. So their current negotiating of a Pay As You Go fee for 2016 is highly optimistic :rolleyes:

Until Baird reassigns the local Councils, they will all be lobbying to keep their jobs and not delivering our services :mad:

We are not the only tenant. Most days anyone can get in there and if they wanted to, take a **** right in the middle of the field. Do they let people in to walk all over ANZ or any other stadiums in non match days.?

Let's hope these council amalgamations are in our favour with some new councillors on our side.

I believe the Penns would love to be able to take 6 games away from Brookie each year and only play the smaller pulling teams at home.

Can't say I blame them even though Brookie has to be our home. The council is making it easy for them to be able to do this.

I expect that when the new Sydney Stadium is built, we will be playing at least 4 games a year there. I would back this against teams like parra, dogs, Souths and maybe roosters. This should ensure crowds of 20,000+ which we can't get at Brookie. The other 2 would be 1 at Gosford and one interstate.

The 6 games at Brookie will appease the Manly fans that won't travel. Those games the penns will just hope to break even.

Purely speculation on my part but I can see it happening. Especially with a pigheaded council charging exorbitant costs.

This would be the best result in that we as Manly fans can get the best of both worlds. Games at our spiritual home and games at a modern stadium with a bigger capacity.

Even if they do get a Brookie upgrade, no way will they fit in above 18,000 in the future....if that.

Bring on the new council and some decent people to negotiate with until this new Sydney Stadium is built.
Yes, I suspect the Penns have engineered this whole situation with the Council so they can take 6 games away, yes.............no doubt about it.........................:rock:

Other than Manly, who are the tenants at Brookvale? The Rays moved out at the end of 2014 and now play at Manly Oval and Pittwater Park.

Yes, I suspect the Penns have engineered this whole situation with the Council so they can take 6 games away, yes.............no doubt about it.........................:rock:

Well ralphie it seems to me there are 2 sides in the negotiations and they are one of them!

And if you had read my post you would have seen that I said I can't blame them if they do take 6 games away a year as long as Brookie is our main home ground.

Seems your saw my username and just decided to jump in with another snide comment.

You can keep loving the penns and believing they will play 10 games at Brookie forever. I don't believe they want that and see in a few years they will try and take more away.

As I said, as long as they leave 6 games at Brookie, I'm ok with it. Now fire away!! :banghead:

I believe the Penns would love to be able to take 6 games away from Brookie each year and only play the smaller pulling teams at home.
Despite all of the speculation there is not one shred of evidence that backs this statement, By contrast there is any number of public statements that they are going to fight tooth and nail to stay at Brookie. If their agenda was to leave Brookie then now is the excuse, but they aren't taking that excuse they are fighting to stay.

But Manly don't want the cost of upkeep and maintenance either.
We all would prefer a free ride in life.

Or are you saying that playing NRL at Brookvale is uneconomical unless maintenance and upkeep is subsidised by a Government? And if so, what's the difference that would make other comparable NRL grounds economically viable without government subsidy?

Despite all of the speculation there is not one shred of evidence that backs this statement, By contrast there is any number of public statements that they are going to fight tooth and nail to stay at Brookie. If their agenda was to leave Brookie then now is the excuse, but they aren't taking that excuse they are fighting to stay.
Your logic does not follow.

Currently Penn doesn't have the right to take more games from Brookie. If he wants to take them away why in hell would he publicly state that? Much more efficient to build the pressures to force it to happen without publicising his motivations.

I don't know Penn's motivations and I'm guessing you don't either.

We all would prefer a free ride in life.

Or are you saying that playing NRL at Brookvale is uneconomical unless maintenance and upkeep is subsidised by a Government? And if so, what's the difference that would make other comparable NRL grounds economically viable without government subsidy?
Most grounds that NRL is played on, are subsidized by State or Federal budgets.
In NSW alone, we have 1.5 billion awaiting allocation.

To promote healthy communities these facilities are paramount .

Northern Beaches have the right to these subsidies. We pay taxes too.
We just lack the political balls to demand them :cool:

They can't take anymore away as they have 8600 members signed up for next year with most buying tickets to Brookie..plus he also needs football club members to vote for him to take more games away which I'm sure will come up in the next couple of years.

It's like politics, you start discussing an unsavoury possibility so when it comes around, people are more conditioned to it knowing it will happen eventually...like a bad budget or the gst increase.

It won't happen in the immediate future so he is stuck fighting the council.

It also depends if the penns do hang in for a few more years. They have stated they will step away for the right price.

As I said....once the new Sydney Stadium is built, I can see him wanting to move games there. As a season ticket holder and football club member, I wouldn't mind a few games there with comfortable seats and a big crowd cheering us on. Not all but a few.

We will all just have to wait and see.

Most grounds that NRL is played on, are subsidized by State or Federal budgets.
In NSW alone, we have 1.5 billion awaiting allocation.

To promote healthy communities these facilities are paramount .

Northern Beaches have the right to these subsidies. We pay taxes too.
We just lack the political balls to demand them :cool:
Only the poor and lower middle class pay tax lol and also keep up the birthrates to fund future investment through keeping up and increasing the taxable population.

So basically Penrith, Blacktown and Parramatta deserve more funding from all the effort in the bedroom and regressive tax system as a proportion of income.

Low birth rates and tax minimization is the Manly demographic lol.

Last edited:
Why did the council never go ahead with selling the naming rights to Brookie. Surely that would go a decent way to paying for the additional fees they want to charge us. Or did they not get off their butts and organise that either

Why did the council never go ahead with selling the naming rights to Brookie. Surely that would go a decent way to paying for the additional fees they want to charge us. Or did they not get off their butts and organise that either
The world wonders...

Manlys constitution does not help this situation one bit. Its well publicised that they can not take any more games away. The council know this and are trying it on.

Thats business. Its an essential ingredient for the club and they know it and are milking it. Essentially the club has no choice but to pay the price even if its a million dollars as those who control it dont pay for it, or care much about those who do

Manlys constitution does not help this situation one bit. Its well publicised that they can not take any more games away. The council know this and are trying it on.

Thats business. Its an essential ingredient for the club and they know it and are milking it. Essentially the club has no choice but to pay the price even if its a million dollars as those who control it dont pay for it, or care much about those who do
Incorrect
The Franchise' financial viability is paramount to all shareholders.
The FC Members would vote to relocate more home games on a temporary basis.

The big hurdle is the Councils Merger crap by Baird. Every councillor wants to keep their cushy jobs, so they are lobbying for that and not Community services :mad:

I still don't get why we can't use the 10 million grant to help maintain the Brookie surface to NRL standards. Whack on a covered scoreboard end seating stand and everyone's a winner @:rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8