Congratulations G. Toovey.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
Well done Tooves. What a job you had on your hands this year. I'll bet you are glad to get it over with in a way, now you can get a full and settled off season in with the boys, plus a bit of new blood coming onboard.

To think Tooves was thrown into his role (without the support that Des took with him) with little notice and in the middle of the storm of Desgate with rumours of players leaving and get out clauses etc flying nonstop.

Add to that players announcing they're moving on, injuries, suspensions.... I think you did an amazing job. Well done mate. Can't wait for next year.

he did ok, but i could have coached that team to the semi's!

i questioned his tactics a few times this year and he didn't get the best out of the players in his roster.

i'd go as far to say that if de$ was still here, we would have finished higher than 4th and went better than we did!!

Brookie said:

i questioned his tactics a few times this year and he didn't get the best out of the players in his roster.

i'd go as far to say that if de$ was still here, we would have finished higher than 4th and went better than we did!!
Agree we may have finished higher, but it would have been smoother sailing if Des was still here. That's why i think Toovey did a great job. He didn't have a settled team and well structured support staff that Des had to start the year. Full credit to the players too! And all the supporters and admin staff. Fantastic effort by everyone!!

Hey Brookie, Guess what ?
Des wasn't here. But here's a better idea - why not follow him over to the Dogs!

Tooves DID a good job but the proof of the pudding will be NEXT year.
I wish him the very best and I'm sure he'll do Manly proud.
He has my backing and I'm sure 99% of Manly supporters' backing!

Sadly Brookie, you're in the other 1%.

Good onya Tooves. Thrown into the deep end, well actually chucked off the 10 metre board by De$.
Great year for a rookie left with a mess to clean up. He'll learn and lead us forward like he did on the field.

Brookie said:

You've got no idea!

Des was with us in 2009 and 2010 with a great roster and we finished 8th both years and we had less injuries and suspensions those years.

Tooves had no time for preparation for the season and was still finding coaching staff well into the offseason.

A great job considering all the challenges that he had to deal with.

If you had of said to me mid way through the year that we would make it to 4th and 1 win away from a GF I would have been stoked.

Toovs had done a great job with the adversity he has faced. Des leaving, injuries, suspensions and players of contract was a tough initiation. I'm dissapointed we played the way we did last night, but i'm still proud of Toovs and the players.

It's his rookie year as a coach and he did a great job. He'll only get better. It's takes time to be of the class of des, bellyache etc. It actually takes years.

Not that he reads our drivel, but well done from me as well Mr Toovey.

Still think the World Club Challenge is a huge setback for many Premiers as it stuffs up your whole start to the season. Tooves did a fantastic job and he will go better without the likes of She-Rex bringing the team down.

lismore_fan said:
Des wasn't here. But here's a better idea - why not follow him over to the Dogs!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA great come back, couldn't of said it better myself

globaleagle said:

Drivel is a great word. I love to create drivel. Not as much fun as intimacy with a moose though.

I applaud Toovey for the way he handled things, for a rookie coach he went great guns considering the set back, injuries and dramas he had to face, I don't think any other coach in history had to deal with that. If these dramas never occurred who knows who might of went all the way. On the other hand if Des was still coaching this season I would go as far as saying we would of dropped 2 games all year and went back to back.

niccipops said:
globaleagle said:

Drivel is a great word. I love to create drivel. Not as much fun as intimacy with a moose though.

What a load of drivel!

Hey, what happens in the igloo....stays.....with the smooch moose

ahhh i mean igloo!

lismore_fan said:

Seriously STFU

comic097 said:
lismore_fan said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA great come back, couldn't of said it better myself

You need to broaden your horizons if that was so funny to you.

lets not forget that with all the contract dramas, the boardroom fights injuries, the retaining of some important players through the year & crap in the media tooves has done a bloody good job.

castle eagle said:
lets not forget that with all the contract dramas, the boardroom fights injuries, the retaining of some important players through the year & crap in the media tooves has done a bloody good job.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua / Ben Farrar
03. Steve Matai / Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams / Michael Oldfield
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans / Liam Foran
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart / Daniel Harrison

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Darcy Lussick / Vic Mauro
16. George Rose / Tim Robinson
17. Joe Galuvao / Nick Skinner

I look at that roster, and all I can do mate, with all due respect, is disagree with you.

Again, I don't quite understand why people under estimate this roster? We got rolled against the lowest teams in the NRL. We got rolled in two of three finals. We got rolled in a WCC.

Getting to a preliminary final after winning a premiership is a huge achievement, even more so with a rookie coach and all the drama and difficulties throughout the year. Toovey has done a fantastic job and I doubt Hasler would have done any better. If you disagree then just remember 2009 where we were eliminated in the first week, also to the Storm 40-12, followed by an even worse year in 2010.

My concern though, is that with Lussick, Kite, Harrison, Whare, Oldfield, Williams and I'm sure a few others leaving, it sure as heck isn't going to be getting easier for us next season.

Toovey will have to step it up.

I guess the question is, can he DO that? Especially with King and Galuvao a year older, and a backrow that really needs to have a good hard look at itself this off-season.

Watmough is back to crabbing, dropping the ball and giving away dumb penalties.

Stewart is crabbing, dropping the ball and just almost seems without time in attack - defense is still outstanding.

I have no idea who will take T-Rex spot. If it's Buhrer, then I believe we'll really struggle again, unless he bulks up, and in a big way, but retains his skill and speed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6