• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way
>> computers have enhanced our lives, read on. At a recent computer expo
>> (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with
>> the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the
>> computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got
>> 1,000 miles to the gallon."
>>
>> In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release
>> stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all
>> be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this
>> part):
>>
>> 1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
>>
>> 2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to
>> buy a new car.
>>
>> 3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You
>> would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows,
>> shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could
>> continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
>>
>> 4. Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn would cause
>> your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would
>> have to reinstall the engine.
>>
>> 5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was
>> reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would
>> run on only five percent of the roads.
>>
>> 6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would
>> all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation"
>> warning light.
>>
>> 7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.
>>
>> 8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you
>> out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door
>> handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
>>
>> 9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn
>> how to drive all over again because none of the controls would
>> operate in the same manner as the old car.
>>
>> 10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.
>>

The funniest release microsoft made was that

"All apple and iPOD users are pirates"

yeah champ cause no music or games were ripped on a PC.

I might add that the look and feel of Windows is a direct rip-off of the Apple operating system. While PC users struggled with DOS commands Apple had their OS for about 5 years . In the end I had to join the rest of the world and buy a PC (mostly because of a world dominated by Word/XL etc) but I think Apple still dominates in high end graphics and possibly advertising.

For something like the last 5 years I have applauded the integration efforts made by MS. Anti-competitive? Sure, but users just want to switch on and have everything integrated where possible.

Youmay be interested to know that IBM have sold the rights to their format and rumour is they will be getting into bed with Apple, so in a few years they will dominate

The new apples the big G4s etc are the BEST for making mmmmmovies...
We used all apples at school for our 2 year vid course...
Apart from that I think they are starting to catch up to microsoft. Soon as I can use other programs on it (such as storelaw & sims2) I'll switch!

I want one of their iMAC Mini's

Fits in the space your car stero takes up. the posibilities are endless they only cost about $800 but im sure fluffy and byso would get better value making their own

Are you sure you are an english teacher CW?
or do you just want two of them??

800 basic model dudes... you need all the extras too.

But they do shound VERY cool.

Wish the Macs were any good for what I need them for...

BGHS still has... 70 macs I'd estimate. I was there from the period of Mac Pluses (you remember them) to the Imacs... which I used to hug cause they're sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty!

we have one very lonely looking mac in our office just so we can point at it from time to time :D

Hopium - does the B stand for Burwood. My mother was school captain there in the early 50s. Have friends with kids there and my own lot play sport against them - at another girls school up the Main North line - very pink one!!!!

Burwood Girls High... got it in one

No way! Small world. Totally cool though. She should go to the "Old Girls'" Days... big fun...
Dad's the head maths teacher (and does computers and chem)... They will know Mr Brett... best maths teacher ever!! He's had only one student fail his class there... me (LOL)... but he had to be hard on me & I refused to study... showed that I would never cheat.
I was... a few things there... resident looney comes to mind. Why they made me a prefect I'll never know!!!

Back in the 70s when we came to State Carnivals we used to get billetted by Ashfield Boys - a lot of fun but not too many parents spoke in dah Engulish!!!!!

Teachers --- hmmmm - one myself so I am not going to go there!!!

:wink:

BGHS is still linked to Ashfield... but thay see more of North Sydney Boys now... esecially in yr 11 where they go on a week long ski camp with them. LOL

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was
>> reliable, [b:92428a7714]five times as fast and twice as easy to drive[/b:92428a7714] - but would

ahhhhh....

ahhhhhhhh......

ahhhhhhhhhhhhbbuuulllsssshhhittt!!

I administer a network of about 30 Macs, and I can tell you that simply aint true. Thank god we are getting rid of them and replacing them with PC's.

Hey, the macs at my school worked pretty goddamned well... except when a couple of girls decided to re-do the network of the whole school!!... that was a busy week for me. Imagine that... doing the net work all over again for 90 macs... one room with 40 of them

LOL

But apart from that, no problems with Macs...

I think its down to personal preference. I can tell you that out of the Macs and Microsoft comps at uni, the ones with the least amount of trouble are the macs...

[blockquote]5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was
>> reliable, [b:d4e8b88a20]five times as fast and twice as easy to drive[/b:d4e8b88a20] - but would

ahhhhh....

ahhhhhhhh......

ahhhhhhhhhhhhbbuuulllsssshhhittt!!

I administer a network of about 30 Macs, and I can tell you that simply aint true. Thank god we are getting rid of them and replacing them with PC's.[/blockquote]

That sounds like a good move

what do you mean "re-do" the network?

Unless your on a token ring moving machines shouldnt mean anything, they should be plugged direct into a port which goes to a router. The IP will be assigned by the router so it doesnt matter if you have

192.168.1.1 and 192.160.1.2 in completely different rooms, because the router does the work of sending data to the machine

A token ring on the other hand now that is not how I would enjoy spending my week.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2