Competitors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Victor Radley is ultra competitive but he is getting drawn and strung from the Roosters hierarchy about his playing style.

On a more serious note…I agree that we are short competitors and I also agree that it’s something you don’t really train for, it’s part of a player’s personality, drive, ambition etc.

Melbourne recruit on character, Manly recruit on talent…

We should be on the look out for more competitors. We had them in abundance during our golden run.

Personally, I don’t think a competitor has to be aggressive or a forward…though they certainly can be. A competitor is a player that does all the effort areas well, hates losing and steps up when someone needs to…Jamie Lyon anyone?!

Brett Stewart was another example of a competitor who used smarts over size to win the battle. He was outstanding when it came to the heat of battle. He would ‘put himself in the game’ and back his instincts. Brilliant. He would scheme behind the play-the-ball, talk to his play makers and suggest a strategy to outwit the opposition defence and clutch victory from the jaws of defeat. A non-competitor let’s that moment pass because…well…who cares?

Of course, BK was huge and there are many others. Sadly, they’ve retired!
Billy Slater was the same. The two of them were great on the field together. Always entertaining

Victor Radley is ultra competitive but he is getting drawn and strung from the Roosters hierarchy about his playing style.
Yes and as much as I wish the game hadn’t brought in all these crack downs, the reality is they have, so one must adapt or else pay the price.

he hasn’t adapted yet.

I honestly don't get the Radley hype. I mean I guess I do I can see why people see it, but god is what I think of him what others thought of watmough when he was young for us?

I just don't see enough common sense in him and see why Cameron Murray same age similar style no **** is outstipping him at a rate of knots.

Competitors come in varying styles but the top of the tree win at all costs generally have a fair bit of stink in there games, bozo, tommy, wally, tezza and ennis are some classic examples of taking it to the edge. Greg chappell is on this list ( %@%&$# underarm )

munster is king, having hughes inside him another one helps but he is in the cheeky mode

toms 21 season was built on it
dylan walker was our closest, behind foran .

we had it, but pissed on the transitional stages and have been chasing it ever since. Coach turnover since the glory days has never allowed us to build as each reinvents the wheel. Being an employee at the sea eagles is a tough job it seems

I honestly don't get the Radley hype. I mean I guess I do I can see why people see it, but god is what I think of him what others thought of watmough when he was young for us?

I just don't see enough common sense in him and see why Cameron Murray same age similar style no **** is outstipping him at a rate of knots.
Radley hasnt improved his game in a few years.

He's a one trick pony. Go and throw your body out on the field.

He offers very little.

Watmough was the best competitor I watched play for Manly
Played beyond his size, great leg speed, did all the effort areas and had mongrel.

I wish Bullemor would get a little angrier and deep into the effort areas, maintain his leg speed and I think he could end up being our best forward.

Played beyond his size, great leg speed, did all the effort areas and had mongrel.

I wish Bullemor would get a little angrier and deep into the effort areas, maintain his leg speed and I think he could end up being our best forward.
Bully seems more of a direct type of runner more so then a staggered running method like Choc By staggered , really mean some form of sharp stepping and sizing the opposition defence a bit more , much harder to pick his runs and he had the ability to trouble most defences . Definitely an excellent competitor in the process . Bully getting better with his attack , gradually improving in his tackling and hopefully can go even better . Not sure if he can or needs to change his running technique , probably could to a degree but not needed right now . Guess that Foz really stands out in the modern era in particular as a serious competitor , can play busted but still puts in big time and really well at that ,

The Premiership winning competitive edge Perspective ...

Our Ruthless Godfather turned every stone to find players that had the quality calibre that it took to take us all the way to winning grand finals

Our Godfather was Merciless with turning over Manly players on his way in turning our Legendary club to the Magnificent premiership winning Sea eagles

If we are to turn the corner to be able to compete against the best
we need a turn over of players and find ones that can give us that Premiership winning competitive edge

THE MORAL OF THE WINNING GODFATHER STORY ...
If our juniors or current players cant do the job . Go and find quality that can
And stop wasting our time with inferior players that will take us down to their level play

Source: News Limited

Agree and that’s what made it so disappointing when he left for the Eels…he was a guy that epitomised Manly and was a huge driving force in bringing the team together and creating a culture…his influence on guys like Foran, the Stewart brothers, Matai and co. can never be understated.

He could do it at the highest level too. His performance in game 3 of SOO 2009 is the best performance by a forward in the origin arena I have ever seen.

Blaming salary caps is a cop out
The salary cap and player rosters are only as affective as the smart people that manage them
As the greatest asset of any club is the quality of people the club invests in

Premiership Winning Competitors
Are our Premiership Winning Benchmark
Anything less and we are way off the mark and are completely wasting our time
Manly legend Steve Menzies has announced he'll retire from rugby league ...

Served it up like a piping hot Pepperoni on thin crust.I had pepperoni on a thin crust tonight

Bully seems more of a direct type of runner more so then a staggered running method like Choc By staggered , really mean some form of sharp stepping and sizing the opposition defence a bit more , much harder to pick his runs and he had the ability to trouble most defences . Definitely an excellent competitor in the process . Bully getting better with his attack , gradually improving in his tackling and hopefully can go even better . Not sure if he can or needs to change his running technique , probably could to a degree but not needed right now . Guess that Foz really stands out in the modern era in particular as a serious competitor , can play busted but still puts in big time and really well at that ,
Yeah cause Bully is six two and watmough would have been five eleven in internet height

Yeah cause Bully is six two and watmough would have been five eleven in internet height. Lot harder to make those turns that far further from the turf.

Don't go to sleep halfway through a silvertails response!
Hey no disrespect or not being attentive . many times on here have a few distractions that takes me away from the site for whatever time and during a session . Was keeping an eye on a couple of batteries charging for a while this morning actually and checking on a couple of other things also . .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6