Comparison to the cricket controversy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Duff

Bencher
I'd like to see what you guys think about the whole India v Australia sportsmanship row from a Rugby League perspective.

I'm not saying I support the Indians pulling the plug, nor can I see how Ponting did not catch Dravid out on the last day (he had control well before he landed), I just think it's good that the cricketing world takes the whole idea of justice & equality seriously.

Rugby League does not.
Teams win when they've been clearly outplayed & handed games by incompetant officials or dirty tactics or both & all their fans do is laugh & say you can't handle losing. Well, in that manner, I can't.
I was glad when we lost at Penrith (I can't remember, I think it was in '06) because I would've been ashamed to accept that win given how much the ref gave us & took from them. I didn't feel that too many Manly fans agreed with me.

You all know the refs, players, coaches & crowds I'm referring to. What do you guys think ?

Ponting caught Dhoni not Dravid, and the ump said it didtn hit the glove.

Swings and roundabouts mate, while ever there is a human officiating in any sport there will be errors made. And unfortunately the team which is deemed to be "stronger" more often gets the lucky calls.

reminds me of an old cliche "the harder I work the luckier I seem to get".

Yeah, Dhoni. I know the ump missed the glove but the Indians are saying that Ponting grounded it & should therefore not have appealed. That's what I'm questioning. The grounding was after the point that it was caught & therefore nulified.

I'm not talking about honest errors here Fro. I'm talking about the Bulldogs standing offside until the ref gets sick of penalising them, then their fans will boo if we stray inside twelve. It's Melbourne taking Stewart out and refs ignoring it. It's Parra fans wanting to punch on because their team didn't throw it THAT far forward. And so on & so on.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6