Comparing Manly's forward pack 2022 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back row does not seem a problem and with the continued helpful input of Walker and ideally some real improvement and impact from Bullemor from the bench , should be right up there matching it with other top contenders back row . Davey could well provide some good input also but even though Keppie and Paseka should be able to go to a more consistent level in the front row , really again need our two highest paid props in Marty and Alioia to lift their games to a more consistent and dominant level

Back row does not seem a problem and with the continued helpful input of Walker and ideally some real improvement and impact from Bullemor from the bench , should be right up there matching it with other top contenders back row . Davey could well provide some good input also but even though Keppie and Paseka should be able to go to a more consistent level in the front row , really again need our two highest paid props in Marty and Alioia to lift their games to a more consistent and dominant level
I actually think this is our one rather large issue outside of our fairly safe but unspectacular centres. Our two highest paid premier props are just not playing like pack leaders. Marty has the occasional good game but he’s not intimidating nowadays by any stretch. Aloiai was pretty disappointing this year. He’s gonna have to go to another level next year as he really hasn’t shown enough to warrant his signing yet.

I actually think this is our one rather large issue outside of our fairly safe but unspectacular centres. Our two highest paid premier props are just not playing like pack leaders. Marty has the occasional good game but he’s not intimidating nowadays by any stretch. Aloiai was pretty disappointing this year. He’s gonna have to go to another level next year as he really hasn’t shown enough to warrant his signing yet.
Good points feathered friend

We need to raise our standards

We need to step up from being fairly safe to FANTASTIC

and claim our title back as the Greatest Club of All

1639706337179.png

Our Back row With Olakauatu , Schuster and Bullemor is very Sexy

Plenty of flair there

A pack of Eagles tearing the flesh apart and eating the oppositions heart

This is what our forward pack should Replicate

We want to make our presence Feared on the field

Controlled Aggression will be our Packs Progression

A Mongrel Manly Pack is what wins Premierships

1641686460975.png

Alioia played some good footy in patches early on but missed a lot of games too unfortunately with injury . Didn 't seem to show the good early form on his return , solid , gritty and mobile forward at his best and really need that level from him to boost the over all pack effectiveness .

Agree Mark....it's more of a collective/team effort with our forwards. No forward stands out on a consistent basis.

If the overall standard is low = bad thing .. but if the overall standard is high = not bad and probably a good thing.

Alioia played some good footy in patches early on but missed a lot of games too unfortunately with injury . Didn 't seem to show the good early form on his return , solid , gritty and mobile forward at his best and really need that level from him to boost the over all pack effectiveness .
Yeah, agree MA, was a stop start season for Aloia, but went really well, and was a stand out, if this is at all possible lol. He got injured for a big chunk of the 2021 season, and this curtailed his season somewhat..

Yeah, agree MA, was a stop start season for Aloia, but went really well, and was a stand out, if this is at all possible lol. He got injured for a big chunk of the 2021 season, and this curtailed his season somewhat..
Meant to say, was a stand out in our first 4 losses of the season..

Second best is not a Manly thing !!!

Never Ever settle for anything else and lower our Great club standards

1639706337179.png

Wasn't there news a while ago we were after Christian Welch?

He's the sort of bloke we need in our pack to get our big men going.

Hopefully Keppie &/or Paseka are going to be that guy for us this season (& beyond).

This years pack could improve massively on what we all saw last season. No doubt our pack definitely underperformed last year when it really mattered. Injuries, inexperience, lack of depth in key positions, etc all played a big part in our packs collective underperformance. I think we will see significant improvement from the whole pack this year. Bullemore and Davey both have great opportunities to be in the seventeen. (possibly at Lawtons expense) Walker will continue to improve in his role off the bench. Jake will become more effective in his role as well, as the rest of the pack settles into their collective responsibilites. Ola'katau and Schuster will both be better for last year's experience, and could have outstanding seasons. I think we all know that Paseka and Keppie both have the ability to step up to another level as our enforcers. We will also see Aloiai improving his consistency, Taupau playing shorter minutes for more impact and Croker further developing his dummy half attack skills. I believe we have a top four pack, which has the potential to go even further as the season progresses. In comparison with last year its same same, but potentially very different. Go Manly.

Think that Ben Turbo showed some good signs last season even with his limited on field time and sure that he would be keen to have a decent dig this season . Not out of the question that he could handle a centre ;s role but unlikely to eventuate with the current mix of outside backs . Big , quite quick , plenty of junior rep experience , could be there abouts to play a useful role even apart from a depth factor . short or longer term . Could well be the case that Jake may make a permanent or eventual move to prop to allow more opportunity for him in the back row but then to have an effective 13 .

This years pack could improve massively on what we all saw last season. No doubt our pack definitely underperformed last year when it really mattered. Injuries, inexperience, lack of depth in key positions, etc all played a big part in our packs collective underperformance. I think we will see significant improvement from the whole pack this year. Bullemore and Davey both have great opportunities to be in the seventeen. (possibly at Lawtons expense) Walker will continue to improve in his role off the bench. Jake will become more effective in his role as well, as the rest of the pack settles into their collective responsibilites. Ola'katau and Schuster will both be better for last year's experience, and could have outstanding seasons. I think we all know that Paseka and Keppie both have the ability to step up to another level as our enforcers. We will also see Aloiai improving his consistency, Taupau playing shorter minutes for more impact and Croker further developing his dummy half attack skills. I believe we have a top four pack, which has the potential to go even further as the season progresses. In comparison with last year its same same, but potentially very different. Go Manly.
Good situation to be in E4L, I can't remember the last time we had so much depth for bench spots.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4