Comparing Manly's forward pack 2022 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually think this is our one rather large issue outside of our fairly safe but unspectacular centres. Our two highest paid premier props are just not playing like pack leaders. Marty has the occasional good game but he’s not intimidating nowadays by any stretch. Aloiai was pretty disappointing this year. He’s gonna have to go to another level next year as he really hasn’t shown enough to warrant his signing yet.
Aloiai could be our big improver in 22, remember he had a disjointed 2021, was out injured for a large part of 21 and also add the odd suspension as well. If Aloiai fires, it will have a knock on effect for Marty to up his game as well.

Aloiai could be our big improver in 22, remember he had a disjointed 2021, was out injured for a large part of 21 and also add the odd suspension as well. If Aloiai fires, it will have a knock on effect for Marty to up his game as well.
Josh alosi talks a big game but apart from a few short stints hasn't backed it up
.I have given him a bit of slack because of injuries. But for nine he needs to become the Alpha dog he thinks he is.

Also .. I am still backing Croker.

In just one season he has gone from the whipping boy of the numbnuts .. to play a new critical postion, and in just 20 games has become a genuine 1st grade hooker. .. Imagination his consistency and dependability after another 20 games at hooker.

His defense in the middle is developing towards what premierships are made of ...

He will never be a crowd favourite, simply because the big plays and show-boating aren't there .. but he will become a local hero.

Lawton's training regime would be interesting. Surely must be training to last 80 minutes in case Croker goes down.
But in his current bench or second rower role he'd be training for strength and explosiveness.
So .. I have no idea, I guess just get the bloke as fit in every way as can be!

no doubt we have a number of players on the rise. keppie, paseka, bullemore, oka
pretty much the addition of davey
tapau, sipley, boyle
not sure if ailoi will rise after a mixed season , but the man has promise, add in jakey and lawnton

i love the players we have but im unsure if our pack is balanced enough with combined skillsets

schuster did an admirable job but there is no room for him in the pack unless injuries mount. its d day for schuster in some regards to define his position but the pack works better without him particularly if jakes game is managing by slotting in at first receiver

our pack features a lot of similar body shapes. they lumber more than they dart and while all can be very damaging wound up with momentum and the ball, defence, not hits, laterally can be a bit of an issue for the big lads who are more suited to a style of footy that gets us an even share of the pill

they are not suited to absorbing 60/40 defence particularly early in games when we have our starting side out there

the DCE, foz, wallker schuster, puzzle is the key to next season and that is fast tracked by the shoe being expelled from the pack IMO

martys last year id say and i think its good his is playing for another contract

one has to assume lawnton and walker on bench so starting pack needs to be better balanced in workload, go forward and grunt work as a few of our players dont have the game time high intensity

our pack needs to improve in a few areas but are building nicely. Rome wasnt built in a day.

the game plan needs to be tweaked to get them to play in conditions better suited to there imposing skillsets more often. because getting them confident is the key. they have the tools.

we also need a game plan that gets us out of the bog because it doesnt come naturally

if not just play tom at second row , then we will have the best pack in the comp
Schuster at 6 and we will win the GF .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4