Come home Hoppa, All is forgiven

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
You want Will you also get John.
Parra claims Hoppa Snr will be an assistant coach. I guess that means assisting the players to come up with lame excuses defending their charges at the NRL judiciary where he has more experience than anyone.
when he first signed there,he was going there,Hoppa Snr I mean,then he was back at Manly doing stuff,now he is back at Parra,why on earth did we have him back in between times,we shouldnt let him crawl his way back in again,thats for sure

A massive part of this club is loyalty, never letting down the bloke next to you on & off the field.
Lied to the fans & would prefer a player with less talent, more Maroon/White blood & better ethics.
There will be plenty of players yet to be unleashed who would not want to play for anyone except Manly - thats who I want here...

The Who said:
Parra claims Hoppa Snr will be an assistant coach. I guess that means assisting the players to come up with lame excuses defending their charges at the NRL judiciary where he has more experience than anyone.

i thought he might assisting the doctor -
offering free prostrate checks:D

master blaster said:
The Who said:
when he first signed there,he was going there,Hoppa Snr I mean,then he was back at Manly doing stuff,now he is back at Parra,why on earth did we have him back in between times,we shouldnt let him crawl his way back in again,thats for sure

Hoppa was coaching his son Bonny's team at the Manly Cove club this season. He also had some involvement with the Manly u13s development squad. I doubt he was being paid for any of this so I think it's harsh to rip in.

If senior Hoppa stays away from our players that is a good thing...IMO....as for Will....he now has a price on his head that we would never afford....

But then again he may come back and prove his worth.....big ask but after 2 years out?????

Imagine no internet or phone for 2 years!!!!

Mals said:
master blaster said:
The Who said:

Hoppa was coaching his son Bonny's team at the Manly Cove club this season. He also had some involvement with the Manly u13s development squad. I doubt he was being paid for any of this so I think it's harsh to rip in.
rip in,gee Mal,s thats nothing,I think I can put a better effort in if I was gunna rip into him,and I never mentioned anything about being paid either

I can understand young Hoppa chasing the whingers coin. It is revolting that he is wearing their jersey, for people of my generation the whingers were our massive enemy and to see one of our prized juniors there is hard to digest. then again we have profited from many of the players over the years too.

I just hope that once Hoppa does his 2 years in purgatory he comes back to us and returns to his rightful home.

Ralphie said:
Ramrod said:
globaleagle said:
Nah, stay away. Lots of baggage and none of them filled with manly character and loyalty.

I agree.
Even if a player is considered the greatest by critics, but if they have none of the character qualities of what Arko calls a "Manly Man", then I don't care to have them at our club.

I don't care if he speaks well or s**t tiffany cufflinks, if they ain't Manly in their hearts, they can call somewhere else home.

I remember how he left.
Said he was gonna stay when he already signed elsewhere.
Didn't take him long to decide when someone waved a five dollar note in his face.

The great Beaver rejected many massive offers, the biggest from parra, simply because he wanted to be a Manly man. Hoppa could have done the same and could have been as successful in "LIFE" as the great man.

The simple fact is he has prostituted his Footy Soul by going to the dark side for cash.

According to Kitey recently, he said "Speaking to one of the guys who re-signed the other week, I was really taken back at how much money he’d knocked back to stay here..."

That is an example of the affinity some has with the club and its territory.

Beaver maintained the culture of being a one club man.
I remember reading about how some of the younger players like Snake wanted to emulate Beaver way back when.

Beaver looked up to Mackie and wanted to be just like his Grandpa.
We are blessed to have someone like Beaver and his family at our club.

Hoppa is one of the most talented players I've seen in the NRL in the last 5-10 years, and seems very very level headed (unlike his dad). I agree with the major sentiment here though:

1) we just can't afford him, and DCE and Foz must be the priorities
2) I'm not sure the Manly culture means that much to him (just my opinion)

At the end of the day it's the Manly culture that has won us 8 premierships and made us the team of the last decade.

I don't begrudge players going for more coin, and in Hoppas case it was probably hard to knock back, but I think some players will jump ship for an extra buck fifty.

an't blame him for taking the rediculous coin on offer at Parra. He and Hayne , if they stay fit, will turn Parra into a more competitive team as will Arthur. Hayne is an enormous influence on any team he plays in. If Hayne and Snake had of been fit to play Origin this year the Blues would have won the series.

This is a huge, huge call, but I don't think Hiku is too far removed skill, speed and ability wise from Hoppa. While Hopoate wears a blue and yellow jersey, sitting at the foot of the table like they do, I have as much disdain for him, as I do for Lussick, Ben Smith, Fui Fui Moi MOi and all those other nubs.

There's a reason players want to play for Manly, and players find a reason NOT to play for The Eels.

He made the decision, just like Lussick. Now they have to live with that. If The Eels struggle (again), Hoppa's rep chances or basically gone (baring in mind, at Manly, I thought Lussick was becoming a fringe rep player).

If he decides to return, then great, he's one of us again. I just hope The Eels axing of Jamil resonates in John's head every day he puts on their coaches t-shirt.

Manly To Win! said:
The further that family stays from this club the better.

Don't be to quick to didmiss the Hoppa Tribe.

There is another potential star comming through in about 3 years. Don't know his name, but he is the one born after Jamil. Every second child got the talent, the ones in between got the attitude :p

mickqld said:
an't blame him for taking the rediculous coin on offer at Parra. He and Hayne , if they stay fit, will turn Parra into a more competitive team as will Arthur. Hayne is an enormous influence on any team he plays in. If Hayne and Snake had of been fit to play Origin this year the Blues would have won the series.

Mick, Parra offered the Great Beaver a ridiculous amount of money in the 90's and he stayed loyal to Manly because all he wanted to do was play for Manly. He is financially successful and more importantly successful in life notwithstanding rejecting the coin.

Hoppa could have done the same as Beaver and would have been just as successful and would have been a Manly legend. Now he is just another mercenary. If money is what drives you, then yep, who could blame him for taking the coin.

Ralphie said:
mickqld said:

Mick, Parra offered the Great Beaver a ridiculous amount of money in the 90's and he stayed loyal to Manly because all he wanted to do was play for Manly. He is financially successful and more importantly successful in life notwithstanding rejecting the coin.

Hoppa could have done the same as Beaver and would have been just as successful and would have been a Manly legend. Now he is just another mercenary. If money is what drives you, then yep, who could blame him for taking the coin.

I think Will was influenced by his father and the family financial need. Its been reported that he said he'd prefer to stay at Manly but the money difference was too great to dismiss. I understand that after Jamil, there are two more Hopoate boys and both aspire to play for Manly firsts. I suspect Will also aspires to one day return depending on the money on offer being comparable to other club's offers. I dont blame him for his decision. His talent will only give him 10-15 years of heavy financial income. After that unless he's been careful with the pennies, business acumen and studies, he'll be back earning a labourers income

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7