Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coffee Club Key to Manly Halves Blending

pjayz

Look into my eyes....
Premium Member

Daly Cherry-Evans backs Blake Green to be Manly Sea Eagles halves solution

NICK WALSHAW, The Daily Telegraph

DALY Cherry-Evans starts each day chatting over coffee with Blake Green.
Then, they do weights together. And after that, ballwork. Or another coffee.
Each man learning all he can about the other.

“Because the NRL, it doesn’t wait for things to transition,” Cherry-Evans says simply.
“If you don’t start well your team comes under extreme pressure ... so we’re in the hot seat straight away.”

After a tumultuous 2016 in which he had five halves partners, Cherry-Evans has spent much of this summer learning everything he can about Green — the imported Melbourne No. 6 who boasts almost 200 games in the NRL and English Super League.

Apart from partnering together in gym sessions, they also head up a northern beaches “coffee club” involving teammates Dylan Walker and Curtis Sironen.

Read more at the Daily Telegraph http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherryevans-backs-blake-green-to-be-manly-sea-eagles-halves-solution/news-story/3cee7aa85e37f1a2ceab042a06779bb7

tookey

2019 Tipping Competitor
I read the same thing about a coffee club at parramatta last year

Moondog

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
DALY Cherry-Evans starts each day chatting over coffee with Blake Green.
Then, they do weights together. And after that, ballwork. Or another coffee.
Each man learning all he can about the other.
Hope they don't elope before round one.

I heard they drink a half double decaf, soy milk latte, with a twist of lemon.... whatever, I hope they are sorting out some good sh1t for this year, I'm confident all those mentioned will have an outstanding year.

conanu

Times have changed, old days it would have been beers down the leagues club after shuttle run training.

Fluffy

This is a good sign that Green and Siro are settling in well and getting along.

Sure it doesn't mean anything but better than the opposite of not wanting to see each other outside of training

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
What? A coffee shop story without a rumour?

We're slipping, people...
Well when I saw them DCE wasn't there so start a rumour around that (although maybe he'd already knocked back an expresso and the brown wave came on faster than anticipated so he had to split for the dunnies at Nth Narra surf club...)

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
Sounds like they're trying to get the right side familiarity happening, expect that to be our main attacking option.

Kevinward777

This is a good sign that Green and Siro are settling in well and getting along.

Sure it doesn't mean anything but better than the opposite of not wanting to see each other outside of training
I believe Sirro is going to explode this year.

Staff online

Top Bottom