COE and Member Council Update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for the update. Any word on the makeup of the coaching staff?

Good move by the club and Des. Now we can streamline the development of our blacktown feeder club better so the young ones are more equipped to deal with nrl
I wonder if this will streamline our game plan so we can compete under the new rules. Feels like more of the same and Blacktown certainly weren’t inspiring in their performances. Was hoping for some fresh blood/new ideas. Say what you like about Barrett (and no I am not a fan) but I would expect to see the Bulldogs attack improve significantly next year. So we have signed Foran, Davey and Hales (and lost AFB). Not aiming to be negative but gee we need a complete overall

Out of 10 what would you say the t
I wonder if this will streamline our game plan so we can compete under the new rules. Feels like more of the same and Blacktown certainly weren’t inspiring in their performances. Was hoping for some fresh blood/new ideas. Say what you like about Barrett (and no I am not a fan) but I would expect to see the Bulldogs attack improve significantly next year. So we have signed Foran, Davey and Hales (and lost AFB). Not aiming to be negative but gee we need a complete overall
The good thing is that 2020 wasn't glossed over with a top 8 finish (like Broncos in 2019). I too would prefer we got some new assistant in although after 2020 I think they know that some new ideas are needed and even in the last press conference I watched of Hasler I recall him talking about having to relook at some of the way things have been done and the style of the team.

Sounds good mate. What's his record with Blacktown? Found the below, but no idea when he started with Blacktown etc.
Steve enjoyed good success with Parra Under 20s, only had one year at Blacktown and has been involved in some of our Pathways work.

He is an ex teacher at Westfield Sports High - and has a very good connection with some of our players who went there including Schuster, Guacamole etc.

Agreed. Hales' record at Blacktown is pretty bad, but he has helped bring through guys like the Fainus, Gauc, Paseka, etc. I think his record says more about manly's shocking financial position, and subsequent lack of 1st grade depth. That's why his best players have had to jump to nrl earlier, and more often, than others similar in age and experience at other clubs. I agree that Hales is not the solution to our problems, but it is shrewd to have him working side by side with Des so there isn't such a disconnect with our juniors. Barett will revolutionise the Dogs, I've said it all along (despite the hate for him here), we don't need to revolutionise our whole attack. Instead, we need to adapt to a faster game with more mobile forwards (hopefully crusher will come through on this). And speed up the development of our talented jnrs - this is what I believe to be the purpose of Hales' promotion.

The assistant coach role with Steve Hales could turn out to be a good thing. It will probably see both Manly and Blacktown actually on the same page as far as things like player development, game plans, team structures etc go, all of which could benefit Manly if players come in from Blacktown because of good form or as an injury cover. Instead of having to quickly come up to speed with how the side plays, a player (provided he's good enough) can just slot straight in.

It could turn out to be more like actually having a reserve grade side rather than essentially just a feeder club that happens to have some of our up and coming juniors or fringe players.

The assistant coach role with Steve Hales could turn out to be a good thing. It will probably see both Manly and Blacktown actually on the same page as far as things like player development, game plans, team structures etc go, all of which could benefit Manly if players come in from Blacktown because of good form or as an injury cover. Instead of having to quickly come up to speed with how the side plays, a player (provided he's good enough) can just slot straight in.

It could turn out to be more like actually having a reserve grade side rather than essentially just a feeder club that happens to have some of our up and coming juniors or fringe players.
Shalesy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4