Coalition pledges $10 mil for Brookvale oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Politicians are liers at the best of times, but at election time their promises are sickening.
Point 1: Why is the Government coming up with all these 'great' policies now instead of implementing them over the past six years?
Point 2: Why is the Opposition trying to out-promise the Government when the country is broke?
Both parties are pathetic. Both leaders are trying to buy votes. Problem is we have to vote for one of them. It's like trying to barrack for one team in a grand final that doesn't feature Manly.

Thehill said:
master blaster said:
hangon,we get 10 mil,penrith get 12 mil,it wasnt that long ago they got a handout from the government to do major upgrades there,their ground is pretty bloody good now,how does all that work,it must be the gus factor,yea has to be

I dare say the political environment out there isn't so one sided as it is on the beaches, therefore more incentive for the government to spend up to win votes.
yea very true

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/soccer-club-big-winner-as-cheques-fly-around-20130819-2s7di.html

A small suburban soccer club can get $1mil and an NRL side is still struggling in a tired, worn out facility.

A marginal seat, a marginal seat, my kingdom for a marginal seat.

I think this will be the first of many grants when TA becomes prime minster. I know st George were looked after very well during Howard's time in the lodge with several grants to upgrade both stadiums. It will happen.

In Government, despite these being Liberal stongholds, the State and Federal Liberal Party has given a small pittance compared to what Labor have given to Brookie oval.

And two-faced Tony has the bitterness of spirit to actually attack Labor on this when they have already committed the exact same amount?

If unwilling to better it, couldn't he at least have the class to simply match Labor's commitment without yet another baseless attack?

CAMBO said:
I think this will be the first of many grants when TA becomes prime minster. I know st George were looked after very well during Howard's time in the lodge with several grants to upgrade both stadiums. It will happen.
I agree that it will happen . Lets give the bloke a chance to prove himself before we tear him down

Rex said:
In Government, despite these being Liberal stongholds, the State and Federal Liberal Party has given a small pittance compared to what Labor have given to Brookie oval.

And two-faced Tony has the bitterness of spirit to actually attack Labor on this when they have already committed the exact same amount?

If unwilling to better it, couldn't he at least have the class to simply match Labor's commitment without yet another baseless attack?

Get off the bongs rexy. What has labor giving us?

$6 million Cambo

http://news.smh.com.au/sport/nsw-pledges-6m-towards-brookvale-oval-20080604-2lt9.html

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/eagles-safe-after-6m-grant/story-e6frg7mo-1111116540578

Plus Tony's $10m pledge is an illusion - Labor has already funded that $10m whilst in government. Tony is actually promising to add not one new cent to Brookie.

Rex said:
$6 million Cambo

http://news.smh.com.au/sport/nsw-pledges-6m-towards-brookvale-oval-20080604-2lt9.html

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/eagles-safe-after-6m-grant/story-e6frg7mo-1111116540578

Plus Tony's $10m pledge is an illusion - Labor has already funded that $10m whilst in government. Tony is actually promising to add not one new cent to Brookie.

?

How is a confirmation that Abbott as PM will make $10m available, an illusion? Looks like a $10m pledge; sounds like a $10m pledge; feels like a $10m pledge.

Should we consider Albos pledge an illusion then, as he is likely to be in opposition for the next term? Kinda like the desperate Abbott promise on the eve of the last two elections?

Shed the rust and just be happy that win, lose or draw we get $10m!!!

Tony Abbott matches Labor commitment on Brookvale Oval
CHARIS CHANG MANLY DAILY AUGUST 19, 2013 3:08PM

Tony Abbott is denying Labor a free kick on his own turf.

Following a $10 million commitment from Labor for the upgrade of Fortress Brookie, the Opposition Leader is now spruiking his own election promise.

Mr Abbott visited Brookvale Oval on Sunday to announce a Coalition government, if elected, would provide $10 million.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles co-patron Kerry Sibraa said the money would now be provided regardless of who won the election.

However, the club will need to find another $20 million to deliver the upgrade.

Mr Abbott's announcement follows Deputy Prime Minister Anthony Albanese's visit earlier this month when he also promised $10 million to build a new covered grandstand.

At the time Mr Albanese was careful not to call it an election commitment and said Labor's funding was included in the Budget in May.

This was put in doubt after his visit, when a spokesman for Sports Minister Don Farrell admitted that a funding agreement had not yet been signed with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

The spokesman said Mr Abbott could also chose not to honour any agreement.

Mr Abbott has now put an end to any uncertainty, promising to deliver $10 million if he is elected.

But he was critical of Labor's commitment.

"At this election, only hours after going into the caretaker period, Labor announced support for the upgrade. However, no contract had been signed," he said.

"If Labor were serious about upgrading Brookvale Oval, they would have delivered during the past six years and would have signed a contract before the start of the caretaker period."

Prior to Sunday's announcement, Mr Abbott had not promised specific funding for Brookie but had indicated he supported the upgrade and Labor's funding.

The Warringah MP previously promised funds to the oval in 2007 and 2010.

Labor candidate for Warringah, Jules Zanetti said it was good to see Mr Abbott "stump up" after almost 20 years as the local MP.

"The Brookvale Park upgrade is included in the Budget," Mr Zanetti said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/tony-abbott-matches-labor-commitment-on-brookvale-oval/story-fngr8hax-1226699990406#

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6