Club Statement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles today threw its full support behind inspirational Captain Jamie Lyon amidst media reports questioning his future at the Club.

"Jamie Lyon's position at our Club has never been in question - he will be very much part of our team next season," said CEO Joe Kelly.

Mr Kelly has also clarified matters relating to player departures following recent media speculation.

“The Club is going through an extensive review of its playing roster which occurs every season,’’ Kelly said.

“This is normal business practice across NRL clubs and is an evolving process.

“There are a number of players off contract at the end of the current season, and with any player who may be departing at season's end, the Club has been working through these discussions with each player's manager.

“By having the discussions now, we have been giving the players every opportunity to secure their NRL future elsewhere.”

Good, but expect the sooks and tin foil brigade to kick off in five, four, three...

So now we know.

It's an alien conspiracy.

It's them bloody little green Martians that are out to knobble Manly. I knew it. There has been too many a UFO sighting lately.

I am just waiting for the Mother-Ship to park itself over Brookvale and once the clean-up has happened the aliens will negotiate taking over the club and sucking up various players, coaching staff and administrators for mega Martian Dollars and relocate the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles to the Martian crater known as "Brookhorst." (A rather large crater with around 20 million Martians and a guaranteed payment of $20 billion Martian Dollars.)

However, there is one catch, there is no exchange rate publishable for the Australian Dollar to the Martian Dollar but it must be good because it's a very big number. So the Penns are holding out to be paid in gold bullion. This is the only matter holding this either hostile or friendly invasion (or takeover) of Manly.

Phew, glad that's out of the way so I can now find my tin-foil hat to prevent me from being sucked up into the Mother-Ship the next time I go to Brookie.>:)

This is such a unique position for a rugby league club to be going through. We had a wonderful run and to be honest, the club did extremely well to keep the nucleus of what was a wonderful squad of players together, in order to win two premierships and feature in four grand finals.

However, when you win premierships and make grand finals, you inevitably have heroes as a result. Snake, Gifty, Skivvy, Kitey, Killer, Ballin, Choc, etc. The situation becomes all the more difficult when these "heroes" get to an age where their footballing starts to decline. You have this tug of war going on; you want to win football games, but you want your heroes to forever come along for the ride. The thought of moving them on is painful because you remember them in their prime, all their heroics, and naturally want to keep reliving that joy forever.

We are at a point where a lot of our heroes are not BAD enough to be cut, but not GOOD enough to get us challenging for a premiership. It's a tough situation to be in and one that no club would envy.

Wow communication from Kelly and in writing, we are privileged. Nice to see him state that the club supports Killer in relation to the rumours flying around. It would have been nice if Toovey had got that support as well, Oh well only 6 months too late for that.

As for the elephant in the room , I thought it would more a Mammoth rather!

With all that's going on in the media this is all the club has to say? These guys are ****ing muppets.

Agree it is pretty poor.
The club just does not seem to understand how to communicate with the fans (i.e. with respect)

Look everyone know tooves is gone. All most of us want is for him to be treated with some dignity and respect, which is not happening.

“There are a number of players off contract at the end of the current season, and with any player who may be departing at season's end, the Club has been working through these discussions with each player's manager.

“By having the discussions now, we have been giving the players every opportunity to secure their NRL future elsewhere.”

So until the club says otherwise, the rumours about the players still under contract are just that. They don't need to address every rumour or personal gripe people have.

So until the club says otherwise, the rumours about the players still under contract are just that. They don't need to address every rumour or personal gripe people have.

Not sure people are overly concerned with the players but are worried about Tooves - the horse has bolted but it would have been nice if the club had at least acted in a decisive fashion.

Hold a press conference to let everyone know that as of next year the club will be moving in a different direction and that Tooves will always have a job at Manly. Yes there would have been a negative reaction but it would have been better than the rubbish that is going on now.

It is almost like they have no PR / fan engagement strategy at all

Not sure people are overly concerned with the players but are worried about Tooves - the horse has bolted but it would have been nice if the club had at least acted in a decisive fashion.

Hold a press conference to let everyone know that as of next year the club will be moving in a different direction and that Tooves will always have a job at Manly. Yes there would have been a negative reaction but it would have been better than the rubbish that is going on now.

It's entirely possible that this was the plan but it got leaked and went to ****.

100% correct

It's entirely possible that this was the plan but it got leaked and went to ****.

The issue is that i leaked what 2 months ago? Maybe more? They should have got on the front foot then and just dealt with it rather than letting it fester away

The issue is that i leaked what 2 months ago? Maybe more? They should have got on the front foot then and just dealt with it rather than letting it fester away
I honestly believe it was speculation up until recently (say a month or so ago). Could be wrong. Probably am. Just my opinion.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2