Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just got my 'inside swoop' email telling me about our signings and departing players.

errr... that news is so old my eagle has a walking frame. Post me a letter next time, may be faster. lol

Jorge would have to be a 10 year discount as the reason we kept him. Boyle well who knows , he's been injured every year he's been here so we never seen him have a long stint in the team. I like Bullemor , I think he'll be a good signing but we've just lost 4 from the squad so there must be more signings as I don't see too much being promoted from below.

Jorge would have to be a 10 year discount as the reason we kept him.
That's what we are not sure about.
The rules are so ambiguous that the $200,000 discount could be for one veteran, or any number of veterans. We have four veterans, so do we get $800,000 discount or still just $200,000?

That's what we are not sure about.
The rules are so ambiguous that the $200,000 discount could be for one veteran, or any number of veterans. We have four veterans, so do we get $800,000 discount or still just $200,000?
Total is 200k, regardless of how many qualifying players you have. It is 8 years, not 10. We have several who qualify so Horhay's retention has nothing to do with the 200k allowance, he is gold to have around the squad.

Gee , forgot about Toff Sipley still in the club ranks , bit of an oversight as sure that he will be there abouts again to cover and play a strong role in the prop department .

Gee , forgot about Toff Sipley still in the club ranks , bit of an oversight as sure that he will be there abouts again to cover and play a strong role in the prop department .
Yeah maybe , he’s a bit like Paseka in my opinion.

Maybe they’ll grow into their roles as they get older.

Just wish they’d hurry up!’

I was doing a post season wrap with a mate who works for the club over the long weekend and he reckons that Jorge will be at Blacktown but in the rotation in the bench as a running forward when the opposition is tired. I told him I was surprised and he said he will kill it in that position and oppostion player will poop themselves as he will be given licence to smash opposition players.

Interesting concept as long as he doesn't leave holes in around the ruck when he misses those tackles. He doesn't mind the run from dummy half or first receiver anyway.
Yeah, a bit like Watmough and Riley. I can see it happening, as Des loves that sort of middle forward that the opposition wants to avoid and lord knows Des played with many of them and knows their impact.

Yeah, a bit like Watmough and Riley. I can see it happening, as Des loves that sort of middle forward that the opposition wants to avoid and lord knows Des played with many of them and knows their impact.
Maybe he might become that “ oh ****ing no here comes Tafua to tackle me “ forward we need ??

He would, but it doesn't matter, it's not per player. Each club gets $200k who home a veteran player (to share among qualified players). Before you shoot the messenger, I didn't make the rule, and I also think it's insufficient (and I'd suggest players like DCE would be soaking most of that up to minimise cap hit). The actual rule is below:

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game
Thanks for clearing that up and Its not much considering DCE would be taking the entire payment. :(

Total is 200k, regardless of how many qualifying players you have. It is 8 years, not 10. We have several who qualify so Horhay's retention has nothing to do with the 200k allowance, he is gold to have around the squad.
What a pathetically low amount for a players' loyalty. It should be $200,000 per player.

On this day:

2011​

Just five days after steering Manly to their second premiership title in four years, coach Des Hasler informs officials he has signed to coach Canterbury in 2013. Hasler’s decision sparks bitter recriminations between Sea Eagles heavyweights and board members.

On this day:

2011​

Just five days after steering Manly to their second premiership title in four years, coach Des Hasler informs officials he has signed to coach Canterbury in 2013. Hasler’s decision sparks bitter recriminations between Sea Eagles heavyweights and board members.
A very , very , dark day !!

On this day:

2011​

Possibly the worst day in the history of the club. I am sure there are others, but this day would be right up there. Personally, I think it was far worse then the Norths merger announcement. Its going to take a premiership or two to get over it. Lets start with 2022. @:cool:

10 years on an look how much has changed. Who would have imagined that a revitalised and redeemed Dessie would be again leading a young and aspiring Eagles team. And gee talk about Karma!!! Look at the doggies now.
grrrr brings back memories of that bald headed smirking reptile Greenkunt ,thankfully that all turned to shyte and Des is back where he belongs and the Dogs didn't win anything and both us and Greenturd can rest comfortably in the knowledge that like everything else he touched in Rugby League his tenure at the dogs was truly shameful and completely without merit or reward ,(just as it should be) and that in the fullness of time it has been widely agreed that he should have stayed in crowd control at ANZ stadium with his hi viz vest ,belt full of keys and golf buggy and not got his very limited abilities mixed up with his unjustified ambitions

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4