Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Boyle can still play and go all right , just has to overcome his recent injury proneness and non availability . Would have to think that at least some serious thought went into not retaining Saddler .Looks like Keppie , Alioia, Paseka , Marty [ one more season ] will be i st choice props next season and Bullimor , Boyle, De Luis and a couple of junior props offering depth .Bullimor could have the credentials to even push for a regular i st grade spot .
Yeah I dont understand the hate for Boyle. People forget he is still only 25. He's a massive unit and a couple games at the start of the yearbhe was our best forward. Definitely happy to keep him as a depth option on a reasonably cheap contract.

Yeah maybe , but you’d think young Tippytoes would be next up if we got a wing injury.

I know Jorge’s contract was up this year and so this would mean an extension , which still surprises me.
I was doing a post season wrap with a mate who works for the club over the long weekend and he reckons that Jorge will be at Blacktown but in the rotation in the bench as a running forward when the opposition is tired. I told him I was surprised and he said he will kill it in that position and oppostion player will poop themselves as he will be given licence to smash opposition players.

Interesting concept as long as he doesn't leave holes in around the ruck when he misses those tackles. He doesn't mind the run from dummy half or first receiver anyway.

I was doing a post season wrap with a mate who works for the club over the long weekend and he reckons that Jorge will be at Blacktown but in the rotation in the bench as a running forward when the opposition is tired. I told him I was surprised and he said he will kill it in that position and oppostion player will poop themselves as he will be given licence to smash opposition players.

Interesting concept as long as he doesn't leave holes in around the ruck when he misses those tackles. He doesn't mind the run from dummy half or first receiver anyway.
I've been thinking that for a while. He's a really damaging runner and that attribute was what kept him in the 17 for so many years despite being a dead set liability on the wing. If he can defend in the middle and offer about 20-30 mins a match of damaging runs he would be a great impact forward.

Boyle's problem has been his injuries, which have stopped him getting any momentum. I hope he starts the year with his shoulder in good shape.

Jorge is good for depth, and likely very fresh after very limited mileage in 2021.
That's it! Jorge is a great club man and good to have around the club. If he's happy being at Blacktown and taking up minimal cap space I see that as a perfect option for both him and the club. Boyle will be cheap and again way down the pecking order so also a great depth option.

Boyle's problem has been his injuries, which have stopped him getting any momentum. I hope he starts the year with his shoulder in good shape.

Jorge is good for depth, and likely very fresh after very limited mileage in 2021.
One could say Turbo is the same as Boyle, that worked out better than usual so fingers crossed for the guy, deserves a chance of an injury free season

Experienced and depth is what's needed. I think Taufua will be getting salary cap exemption since he has been at the club for 10 years next year right?

He would, but it doesn't matter, it's not per player. Each club gets $200k who home a veteran player (to share among qualified players). Before you shoot the messenger, I didn't make the rule, and I also think it's insufficient (and I'd suggest players like DCE would be soaking most of that up to minimise cap hit). The actual rule is below:

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6