Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One of the best I’ve seen. The below 6 are probably the pick of the bunch since I can remember in 1981

Lyons
Menzies
Snake
Toovey
Lyon
Gift
Hard to argue with those selections, although they wouldn't have prospered without others providing the grunt up front. Longevity as a Manly star has to come into it and I guess props get smashed more so don't tend to have such lengthy careers as the limelight-hogging backs!
However I'd have to add Kite, Ian Roberts and Spud Carroll for consideration.

Had an injury riddled career but would have to include Nick Kosef from that era as well , still did plenty of good things at his Manly one career stint and also a regular rep at S O O and occasional test level when at his best . Kite was certainly a long termer at Many and solid performer , Roberts and Spud not as long but big influences in keeping Manly up there as a competitive force

Club site is now featuring John O'Neil.
It's an excellent idea to feature these greats in our 75th year but they could have spent a bit more time on it surely?
Like, 250 words?
Really?
You only have to look back at some of the great old articles @eagle66 has been posting to realise how much can be said about the players. Or is this an indication of the twitter era, where no-one can concentrate on any message longer than 100 characters?
Anyway, it's great to be reminded about these champions, but could be so much more!

It's an excellent idea to feature these greats in our 75th year but they could have spent a bit more time on it surely?
Like, 250 words?
Really?
You only have to look back at some of the great old articles @eagle66 has been posting to realise how much can be said about the players. Or is this an indication of the twitter era, where no-one can concentrate on any message longer than 100 characters?
Anyway, it's great to be reminded about these champions, but could be so much more!
Agreed, that piece on Lurch O’Neill is 90% about Souths. Pretty embarrassing for manly to put that up.

Why do we need to hear about sattler’s heroic jaw in 1970 in a story about lurch, Manly LOST that grand final ffs. Don’t remind us for our 75th year!! Take it down and re-write it!!!

I’d rather hear from Bucknall describing the smashing of that rabbit scum’s jaw. If we have to hear about 1970...

But we don’t! Lurch came in 1972 and manly won. @Wheel help us.

Last edited:
Like, 250 words?
Really?
Yes, it’s an indication of the Twitter era.

It’s people not reading books or newspapers.

It’s the crew at Narrabeen cutting and pasting slop.

It’s the coming idiocracy (with a big cheerio to Donald J. Trump and his followers).

It’s Mabo.

It’s the vibe.

Some great stuff for the history buffs the club will be putting out to celebrate 75yrs

Never saw any footage of Roy . Heard many great things about the great man though and the biggest endorsement was from our Godfather who said Roy was one of the greatest ever !
Roy is no longer with us
Manly players unlike other clubs players dont rest in peace . They Rise in Glory like Great Sea eagles do.
Rise in Glory Roy Bull

The Great Wolfman was a Wolf on Heat that just loved scoring
When he finished scoring on the footy field for Manly he would then go and score again at a night club venue
A Great club man who had great stamina
Happy Healthy new year Wolfman !
A nice photo for the ladies
c1ea11b58463abb332c6665a6bcd5eb4.jpg

Are you going all homoerotic on us (again) Boze?
We all see things from a different perspective feathered friend
The Athletic body is a work of art that takes hard work sacrifices and dedication before you can frame it in an art gallery
One of the finest portraits was the Governor
c7efbab8f45845eafac88dc0d3039a47.png

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4