Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our Legendary clubs emblem is the mighty Sea eagle and no other Gods creation soars higher
Anything other than being on top of the NRL Premiership or club membership
Is a failure to all Manly people
Great players and fans make great clubs and our legendary great club is calling on all great Manly people to make their mark and make our club great once again .
We all know what is expected of us and we all know what the right thing and the only honourable thing to do is in 2021
ETqYaGyUMAAQAKl.jpg

Nice story on how the club is looking after its junior pathways players

Nice story indeed and it will be a nicer story if those great kids can play in the NRL finals one day for our great club .
Manly not playing in the finals is just not Manly

Thank you GE , I could not find that missing link
I hope we can also find the missing Manly fans that will join those 13,019 great club members and help us proudly be the number one supported club in the NRL
2000 extra members to get to 15k would be excellent. Not sure how achievable - i.e. a 15% uplift.

Expansion of the catchment to include North Shore would be good for the club and good for League in Sydney .... an oldie but a goodie of an idea - would require some vision/courage from NRL leadership. Perhaps we will finally get that with the current Chair/CEO team (Vlandys/Abdo).

2000 extra members to get to 15k would be excellent. Not sure how achievable - i.e. a 15% uplift.

Expansion of the catchment to include North Shore would be good for the club and good for League in Sydney .... an oldie but a goodie of an idea - would require some vision/courage from NRL leadership. Perhaps we will finally get that with the current Chair/CEO team (Vlandys/Abdo).

15k is not excellent. Look at the table and see how excellent it is not
Mediocre expectations bring mediocre results
The bar must be raised higher than our market leaders if we want to proudly rise to the top
Not sure how achievable it is ?
If we dont have more than at least 50,000 Manly fans then I am the next Immortal
Its all about us Manly fans pulling our finger out and if we cant find the passion to pull it out by our selves then the clubs Marketing department can pull theirs out and get some passion into us
Excuses , Excuses , Excuses Excuses , Excuses
The only thing standing between us and our goal is the bullsht story we keep telling our selves as to why we can't achieve it.
The fact is ... There are always Solutions , Solutions , Solutions Solutions , Solutions from smart people that keep setting the bar high
ETqYaGyUMAAQAKl.jpg

15k is not excellent. Look at the table and see how excellent it is not
Mediocre expectations bring mediocre results
The bar must be raised higher than our market leaders if we want to proudly rise to the top
Not sure how achievable it is ?
If we dont have more than at least 50,000 Manly fans then I am the next Immortal
Its all about us Manly fans pulling our finger out and if we cant find the passion to pull it out by our selves then the clubs Marketing department can pull theirs out and get some passion into us
Excuses , Excuses , Excuses Excuses , Excuses
The only thing standing between us and our goal is the bullsht story we keep telling our selves as to why we can't achieve it.
The fact is ... There are always Solutions , Solutions , Solutions Solutions , Solutions from smart people that keep setting the bar high
View attachment 15754

@BOZO I don't really think the numbers matter too much or tell the story.

Souffs - they've had nothing for years so feel the need to belong
Brisbane - pretty much SE Qld and they know when their games are on each week for the next five years
Eels - see Souffs, new stadium, misguided hope, it's a city
Storm - see Broncos except they have SE Qld and Vic ( and they're successful)
Raiders - an entire state ( ok, it's a Territory )
Panfers - have west of Parra to Dubbo, Penriff is a city
Knights - City
Wests - Two clubs, two areas, huge range of demographics
Cowboys - FNQ
Bulldogs - that one is interesting, see Souffs
Roosters - recent success, looks good on Linked In profile
Dragons - see Tigers
Warriors - entire country and ex pats

Would love to see the breakdown of full ticketed members, age, where they live etc.

Have been a passionate fan for as long as I remember, been going to Brookie since I was 7 ( now 52). My three kids 29, 14, 10 are all full blown fans, even made sure my granddaughter is on board too.
I live 40mins away from Brookie but made sure I put my bum on the hill when crowds were part of "the criteria".
I'm only a 3 game member because that's all I can really get to, if I can make more then good, I'll just pay at the gate, no probs.
Don't want to sit in a grandstand, the hill is just fine ( apart from watching the Titans give us a reaming).

Member of the Football Club too which to me is more important than someone's dog , a key ring or getting a sticker for the back of my car.
My numbered scarf and hat hold more sway with me.

Rather than the blatant marketing survey I got via email today ( twice) wouldn't it be more beneficial for the club to ask - why, where, Football Club Member, how long, what etc?

Bozo, you are being unrealistic.
When you look at memberships I think there is only one other club with relevant demographics etc to Manly, and that's Cronulla.
Both clubs have small membership bases for RL, which is understandable.
But both areas are strong in a range of other sports, including water sports.
I look forward to seeing a chart with participation numbers at surf lifesaving clubs. I've got a feeling the Northern Beaches and the Sutherland Shire might just have a few more members than those clubs you continually highlight that the Sea Eagles should try to emulate.

Also a big advantage to recruit new members when you have a 30,000 brand new stadium with undercover seating. We don't have the mentality of the Mexicans when it comes to club memberships - unfortunately.

Bozo, you are being unrealistic.
When you look at memberships I think there is only one other club with relevant demographics etc to Manly, and that's Cronulla.
Both clubs have small membership bases for RL, which is understandable.
But both areas are strong in a range of other sports, including water sports.
I look forward to seeing a chart with participation numbers at surf lifesaving clubs. I've got a feeling the Northern Beaches and the Sutherland Shire might just have a few more members than those clubs you continually highlight that the Sea Eagles should try to emulate.
Sorry feathered friend but you are being pessimistic

The fact is pessimistic people never raise the bar high enough to give them any chance of rising to the top .

Pessimistic people succumb to their unrealistic low expectations and remain mediocre

Optimistic people raise the bar and do not focus on mediocre Cronulla they target leaders in their field and find ways to surpass them

I hope we dont have pessimistic minds in our clubs marketing department because they say club membership is one of the main life lines of a club

The moral of the story ...
Get rid of the pessimistic dead wood Manly people in our Great club so our great club can rise to the top at all levels !!!

Sorry feathered friend but you are being pessimistic

The fact is pessimistic people never raise the bar high enough to give them any chance of rising to the top .

Pessimistic people succumb to their unrealistic low expectations and remain mediocre

Optimistic people raise the bar and do not focus on mediocre Cronulla they target leaders in their field and find ways to surpass them

I hope we dont have pessimistic minds in our clubs marketing department because they say club membership is one of the main life lines of a club

The moral of the story ...
Get rid of the pessimistic dead wood Manly people in our Great club so our great club can rise to the top at all levels !!!
Optimists are dreamers...... pessimists are realist!

just sayin!

Pessimists should never get out of bed because they never have the positive mind set to make any of their dreams comes true
I am not just saying as this is a fact !
The only dreams I have had lately..... have been manly nightmares!!

maybe that will change if Foran can stay injury free...... there you go I’m trying to be optimistic that Foran will play 80 mins!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4