Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't forget, Sir Loin and Thompson were to play against the Worriers, according to last week's injury update.

For the past 3 years we have gotten injury after injury it’s so frustrating !! More so last year and this year has been terrible !! The club needs to look into it because it’s becoming a joke ! Yes some are unlucky but maybe it’s something we are doing in the off season !!

It's not necessarily the amount of injuries we've had, it's to whom the injuries have occurred.
Turbo is 70% of our attack. Without him we can't score enough tries to compete.
He is by far the most important single player in all clubs because we don't have other attacking weapons. Easts without Tedesco, Melbourne without Pappy, Newcastle without Ponga can still worry defences because they have other alternatives.
Funa is our only 'regular' tryscoring back. And he's only there grudgingly.

It's not a good look on the Sea Eagles web site: Morgan Harper in his Canterbury jersey.
Surely by now we should have taken a photo of him in Manly gear? At the very least couldn't the web manager strip in a Sea Eagles jersey on his body?
I also note that the website still lists Zac Saddler as 201cm tall and a feeble 91kgs in weight. Perhaps that's why he isn't being picked. He would get blown away on a windy day.

I feel sometimes the players in the interviews tell us fans what we wanna hear because all the talking last week about coming out fired up against Warriors wasn’t true at all !!

players need to be held accountable tafua better not start this week otherwise des is taking the piss !!

Elliot would be a great winger and put Hopoate at fullback

I feel sometimes the players in the interviews tell us fans what we wanna hear because all the talking last week about coming out fired up against Warriors wasn’t true at all !!

players need to be held accountable tafua better not start this week otherwise des is taking the piss !!

Elliot would be a great winger and put Hopoate at fullback

I'd rather keep Jorge on the wing than have Elliot play there.

It's not a good look on the Sea Eagles web site: Morgan Harper in his Canterbury jersey.
Surely by now we should have taken a photo of him in Manly gear? At the very least couldn't the web manager strip in a Sea Eagles jersey on his body?
I also note that the website still lists Zac Saddler as 201cm tall and a feeble 91kgs in weight. Perhaps that's why he isn't being picked. He would get blown away on a windy day.
That makes me laugh "201 cm and a feeble 91 kgs"!!!

The NRL obviously makes three players from each club conduct these fan interviews. I guarantee that they contain 99% platitudes. It's not the players' fault, it's just that they are not allowed to say anything remotely controversial. Look how the NRL reacted to Cleary when he spoke the truth.
Propaganda is alive and well outside China and North Korea!

I know a lot of you think these NRL mandated media interviews are a waste of time and space but surely some of you Silvertailers like seeing/hearing from our team?

Today it’s Jake

I know a lot of you think these NRL mandated media interviews are a waste of time and space but surely some of you Silvertailers like seeing/hearing from our team?

Today it’s Jake

Thank you for posting them but I'm one who thinks they are just 'white noise'. The club never got back to me about my serious suggestion of doing a piece on those players who are waiting in the wings to be selected. They are who I want to see. How are they training, maintaining their morale, hopes for the future?
If we can't see them on the field at least show us that they are still at the club.

Today it’s Jake

I reckon a lot of us do.

Plus not all fans are members here (sadly). Twitter and facebook etc. I mean I don't give you a reaction every time you post one because I go the website often enough.

I know many are mandated and we should remember that not everyone has had media training and for those...it'd be even harder when we're in a society where not only every word, but every inflection of every word gets analysed. I'm not surprised it's cliches galore. It'd be good if there was some in house training to get players more comfortable in front of the camera..but it is what it is.

So yes, I like the interviews... even if after a loss or two I get grumpy at the standard "we will fix errors, can't wait, turn it around" standard replies. Also, regardless of what they say. Injuries make a difference.

Though journos could make a better effort at being less predictable in their boring questions themselves.

So yap away Manly people!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4