Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The up to date NRL club membership numbers ladder
Thank you to our loyal supporters we have a had an increase in numbers

NEVER TOO LATE TO BECOME A GREAT MANLY FAN
AND MAKE A GREAT CONTRIBUTION TO OUR GREAT CLUB

Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035
Dogs 15, 170
Roosters 14, 361
MANLY SEA EAGLES 12, 740
Warriors 12, 673
Sharks 9, 768
Titans 7,83

BECOME A FAN WHERE IT COUNTS
OUR GREAT CLUB IS COUNTING ON YOU
download.jpg

I dom
Does anyone know if our anti vaxers have changed their stance?
I don’t think it is an issue now with Qld government giving wavers to those who don’t want to. I thought it was only Qld that was rejecting players without a flu shoot and not excepting a waver

Not club news as such but Salary cap to remain at $10m

ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys has ruled out heavy player pay cuts and will lobby for the salary cap to remain at $9.9 million next season in a huge win for the NRL’s elite stars.

The Sunday Mail can reveal the feared financial shake-up of NRL player contracts will not occur with V’landys saying the code’s new broadcast deal will prevent a drastic slashing of the salary cap.

Rugby league’s revised TV rights deal will be formally announced in the next 48 hours — finally giving the ARL Commission fiscal clarity over how much money it can distribute to NRL clubs and the code’s 480 full-time players.

At the height of the coronavirus pandemic, there were fears the salary cap could be cut by 40 per cent to $5.9 million next year, which would have signalled the end of the NRL’s top stars earning $1 million a season.

But in the strongest sign yet players will not have their salaries shredded, V’landys scuppered suggestions the NRL salary cap is set for a major reduction in 2021.

“It’s my intention to keep the salary cap exactly where it is,” he said.

“The ARL Commission as a board will make the final decision on that (the salary cap for 2021) but my personal view is the salary cap will remain at the current levels.

“I have to look at the final financial models, but I’m happy with the broadcast deal we have put together and I’m hopeful we will have sufficient funds to keep the NRL salary cap intact.”

“I am going to do my utmost for the players to get the money they deserve next year.

“Look, you never know what is around the corner, but in my mind there will not be a reduction in the salary cap.

“I gave a commitment to the NRL players that I would do my best to keep their contracts whole moving forward and that remains my objective.”

V’landys’ revelation means the NRL’s most lucrative individual contracts will be protected.

The likes of Cameron Smith, Jason Taumalolo, Daly Cherry-Evans and Ben Hunt will not have their $1 million deals reduced, despite many players and CEOs in the NRL industry having braced for a 20 per cent salary-cap cut.

V’landys is also determined to preserve funding to the 16 NRL clubs, who stand to receive $13 million each next year, a total injection of $208 million from the governing body.

The ARL Commission chairman expects the code’s new broadcast contract to be announced in the lead-up to this Thursday’s NRL season relaunch between the Broncos and Parramatta at Suncorp Stadium.

“I am confident the deal will be finalised in the next few days,” he said.

“Andrew Abdo (interim CEO) and his team have been working ferociously in drafting up the agreement and finalising the deal.

“It’s at that final stage now, it’s near completion. We are at the drafting-of-the-agreement stage. All the negotiations have been completed.

“We have to go through various boards (for approval) but I’m expecting the deal to be in place when the competition kicks off this week.”

ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys has ruled out heavy player pay cuts and will lobby for the salary cap to remain at $9.9 million next season in a huge win for the NRL’s elite stars.

The Sunday Mail can reveal the feared financial shake-up of NRL player contracts will not occur with V’landys saying the code’s new broadcast deal will prevent a drastic slashing of the salary cap.

Rugby league’s revised TV rights deal will be formally announced in the next 48 hours — finally giving the ARL Commission fiscal clarity over how much money it can distribute to NRL clubs and the code’s 480 full-time players.

At the height of the coronavirus pandemic, there were fears the salary cap could be cut by 40 per cent to $5.9 million next year, which would have signalled the end of the NRL’s top stars earning $1 million a season.

But in the strongest sign yet players will not have their salaries shredded, V’landys scuppered suggestions the NRL salary cap is set for a major reduction in 2021.

“The ARL Commission as a board will make the final decision on that (the salary cap for 2021) but my personal view is the salary cap will remain at the current levels.

“I have to look at the final financial models, but I’m happy with the broadcast deal we have put together and I’m hopeful we will have sufficient funds to keep the NRL salary cap intact.”

“I am going to do my utmost for the players to get the money they deserve next year.

“Look, you never know what is around the corner, but in my mind there will not be a reduction in the salary cap.

“I gave a commitment to the NRL players that I would do my best to keep their contracts whole moving forward and that remains my objective.”

V’landys’ revelation means the NRL’s most lucrative individual contracts will be protected.

The likes of Cameron Smith, Jason Taumalolo, Daly Cherry-Evans and Ben Hunt will not have their $1 million deals reduced, despite many players and CEOs in the NRL industry having braced for a 20 per cent salary-cap cut.

V’landys is also determined to preserve funding to the 16 NRL clubs, who stand to receive $13 million each next year, a total injection of $208 million from the governing body.

The ARL Commission chairman expects the code’s new broadcast contract to be announced in the lead-up to this Thursday’s NRL season relaunch between the Broncos and Parramatta at Suncorp Stadium.

“Andrew Abdo (interim CEO) and his team have been working ferociously in drafting up the agreement and finalising the deal.

“It’s at that final stage now, it’s near completion. We are at the drafting-of-the-agreement stage. All the negotiations have been completed.

“We have to go through various boards (for approval) but I’m expecting the deal to be in place when the competition kicks off this week.”
Well done Mr V,Landy,s and thanks The Wheel. This guy sure has good blades on his lawn mower lol

If Abdo gets this done he should go from interim to full time CEO.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4