Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@The Wheel check out the hairdo on me these days mate hahaha. Bringing back to manbun. I was gonna say like Jack De Bellin, but kinda don't want people to put me in his light hahaha

Congratulations Moses Suli :h:
Great to see another LOYAL Manly Soul Sign for the Manly Sea eagles
How loyal of a Manly Fan are you ?
Dont just tell us ,
Show us and proudly sign up just like Moses did
Become a true fan today !!!
download.jpg

Injury update this week and update on Albert Hoppa

Last edited:
The Holy Trinity of the Manly Sea eagles club
2764.png

The Passionate coaching staff
2764.png

The Passionate players
2764.png

The Passionate club sponsors and club members
2764.png

taupaum-190330_gt_84.jpg

Manly forward Addin Fonua-Blake has praised the club and coach Des Hasler for supporting him through the vaccination debate.
Brent Read, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
June 13, 2020 7:00am
Close

Manly forward Addin Fonua-Blake has praised the club and coach Des Hasler for supporting him through the vaccination debate as Sea Eagles’ fans nervously wait to hear whether the Queensland government will relax their restrictions in time for their game against the Cowboys next month.

Fonua-Blake, dominant in the Sea Eagles’ win over Brisbane <NoCookies | The Australian> on the Central Coast on Thursday night, was one of a handful of players who declined to have flu injections as part of the NRL’s biosecurity protocols.

That decision means as the rules currently stand, he is unable to play rugby league in Queensland – the Sea Eagles are due to play their one and only game in the sunshine state when they meet the Cowboys in Townsville in round 11.

The hope is that by then, the Queensland government will have eased their restrictions and Fonua-Blake will be free to take part – premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has already indicated the state will relax its stance some time in July.

The clock is ticking for Fonua-Blake and the Sea Eagles but the powerhouse forward insists Hasler and the club will support him no matter how it plays out.

“That’s a bridge we have to cross,” Fonua-Blake said.

“I’ve had a word with Des – he’s definitely not pressuring me to make any decisions just because we’re playing up there.

“He knows what decision I make for me and my family, it’s the decision I make. They haven’t pressured me one bit, I give them a lot of praise for that.

“I saw how some players (at the Gold Coast) were stood down from training – I felt for them – but not at this club.”

Unlike teammate Martin Taupau, Fonua-Blake declined to reveal the reasons for his reluctance to have the flu shot.

Taupau was initially concerned after having an adverse reaction to the flu shot <NoCookies | The Australian> nearly a decade ago. He ultimately decided to get the shot, but Fonua-Blake has thus far declined.

“I haven’t got it, I’ve got my own reasons not to get it,” Fonua-Blake said.

“I have the full support of the club, and the boys back my decision. I haven’t been pressured by anyone from the club or even outside the club.

“I read about Marty and give him full respect for his decision. Everyone is different. Some things that work for other people don’t work for me, and things that work for me don’t work for others.

“That’s where I’m at with the flu shot.”

Fonua-Blake and fellow prop Taupau give Manly arguably the game’s greatest one-two punch in the NRL. The tandem is set to be broken up after Taupau finished the win over the Broncos with a broken thumb.

Centre Moses Suli is also facing a stint on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on a fractured bone in his finger.

With Taupau no certainty to play next week, Fonua-Blake will be expected to pick up the slack, just as he did against the Broncos.

After starting on the interchange bench, Fonua-Blake was the driving force behind Manly’s comeback, running for more than 200 metres.

“I love playing behind Marty a lot,” Fonua-Blake said.

“It does hurt losing him for a couple of weeks, but I can’t wait for the challenges ahead.

“I’m never one to shy away from a challenge so we will see how we go as the weeks go.

“I don’t know if I’m the man, but I will try and step up the best I can. But I have another four or five middles in there that will be able to step up and share the workload with me.

“I know losing him, he lays a massive platform each week. When players like that go down with injury or suspension you need to step up and fill the shoes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4