Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great feature on two rising stars in Ben Trbojevic and Josh Schuster. I hadn’t heard too much from Josh previously but he really seems a very well spoken, impressive individual!

Great feature on two rising stars in Ben Trbojevic and Josh Schuster. I hadn’t heard too much from Josh previously but he really seems a very well spoken, impressive individual!

Hi @Mitch, I hope you are keeping well and thanks for yet another Great Manly news story

The news is that our Manly Sea eagles club not only has a promising presence but also a bright future with the emergence of some great young players

The future of our great club the Manly Sea eagles is bright and secure

Invest with the best in the Manly Sea eagles and become a club member and a part of our great clubs success

THERE IS A CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE TO SUIT EVERY MANLY SEA EAGLE FAN
RING AND FIND OUT WHICH CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE IS BEST FOR YOU

Do it today before the shares go up ;)

NRL-Manly-Sea-Eagles--Calendar-Oct-2019.jpg

Could also be a pivotal year [ so to speak ] for both as to determine what may be their best positions in the longer term . Probably back row for Josh , Ben Turbo seems to have had more time in the centres in recent times and for both , Black Town level should offer a better grounding to develop their games to hopefully be i st grade ready relatively soon . Hope that Ben has been able to focus on his defence in the off season whether the back row or the centres . is his most suited position .

An exciting year ahead with lots of talent waiting for a chance.

Hooker I think is the only question mark on our year.

Will Levi be a success ?

Whose his backup ?

Will Levi be an 80 min player ??

If not how will we go when he’s off the park??

An exciting year ahead with lots of talent waiting for a chance.

Hooker I think is the only question mark on our year.

Will Levi be a success ?

Whose his backup ?

Will Levi be an 80 min player ??

If not how will we go when he’s off the park??
The biggest unknown is how many injuries will we have?
We already have reported as Out: Jake, Aladdin, Tent, Jetski and possibly Lance.
And that's without even a trial match played.
Late last year our injuries stopped our run to the GF. There is so much luck associated with keeping your top 17 fit that predicting outcomes is a week-to-week proposition.

SURGERY HAS NOT STOPPED DES FROM COACHING OUR MANLY TEAM !

WHAT IS STOPPING YOU FROM BECOMING A MANLY CLUB MEMBER ?

THERE IS A CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE TO SUIT EVERY MANLY SEA EAGLE FAN

DES WANTS YOU TO BECOME A MANLY SEA EAGLES CLUB MEMBER

DONT LET DES OUR PLAYERS OR OUR CLUB DOWN

72cafc13abea964e365b94eda8174d67.jpg

Last edited:
Manly face early test of depth without Trbojevic and Fonua-Blake
By Pamela Whaley
February 26, 2020 — 5.41pm
Star Manly forwards Jake Trbojevic and Addin Fonua-Blake will miss the first few weeks of the NRL season after undergoing shoulder surgery.

Their absence will leave a significant void in the pack in the difficult opening rounds in which they will face Melbourne, the Roosters, Warriors and Raiders.

Jake Trbojevic will miss the first month of the season after shoulder surgery.
Jake Trbojevic will miss the first month of the season after shoulder surgery.CREDIT:AAP
"It's been a bit frantic, but Des [Hasler] has all the boys in shape and whoever he puts out there round one, we'll all have the trust and the faith in them to do the job," Fonua-Blake said on Wednesday.

"We lose two old heads, but you'll have two eager players looking to keep their spot in the team."
Rising forwards Sean Keppie and Haumole Olakau'atu are expected to get their shot in the middle this weekend when the Sea Eagles play Cronulla in a trial at Kogarah.

Keppie and Olakau'atu made their NRL debuts in time for finals as the Sea Eagles struggled with injury towards the end of 2019.

Addin Fonua-Blake led from the front for Manly last season.
Addin Fonua-Blake led from the front for Manly last season.CREDIT:AAP
Trbojevic and Fonua-Blake needed surgery at the end of last season but put it off to be able to play for Australia and Tonga respectively.

Fonua-Blake will meet with the surgeon next week and hopes to get the all-clear to return in round two or three, while Trbojevic could be missing until round four.

"I feel fitter this year than I have been previous years. Knowing that I haven't been running I had to change up a lot of things, I couldn't eat the way I usually eat," Fonua-Blake said.

"My weight is good now. As soon as I came back, I hit the ground running.

"Now I'm back in the field doing training with the boys, so hopefully the surgeon has good news for me."

Trbojevic is also back training with the main group but has not progressed to full contact yet and is still building strength.

Meanwhile, Hasler underwent hip surgery over the pre-season but kept in regular contact with support staff, doing video sessions from his hospital bed while he recovered.

Trbojevic said the few weeks without Hasler at training was more relaxed but said the coach had left no stone unturned to prepare the team for another huge season.

"He has everything recorded, so he doesn't miss anything," he laughed.

AAP

Albert Hopoate on NRL dreams and plans to undertake a Mormon mission
Manly rookie Albert Hopoate plans not only to follow his famous name into the NRL but also by embarking on a Mormon mission as part of the faith that plays such a strong role in his life.

Martin Gabor, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
February 27, 2020 4:16pm
Close
He’s the teenage sensation yet to make his NRL debut, but Albert Hopoate is already looking to follow in the footsteps of his famous family by embarking on a Mormon mission.

The Sea Eagles rookie exploded onto the scene in 2017 when he produced a miracle play from his own in-goal to set up Bradman Best to clinch a stunning win for NSW in the under-16s Origin against Queensland.

But his elevation from young gun to NRL mainstay has been stalled with the explosive centre suffering back-to-back season-ending knee injuries.

Hopoate is on the comeback trail and is eyeing a round eight return, but his stay in rugby league could be cut short soon as he prepares to embark on a Mormon mission like his brother Will did after he won a premiership with the Sea Eagles in 2011.

“My brother served a mission and that’s something I’ve always wanted to do as well,’ Hopoate told The Daily Telegraph.

“Young men from the age of 18 have the opportunity to serve a mission for two years, and it’s entirely up to you when you do it. It’s something I’m thinking of and definitely want to do.

“My main goal is to debut and make a name for myself, but then I want to go and do what my brother did. That’s what he did — he made a name for himself so when he came back it was easier to come back into it because he didn’t have to start from the bottom and work his way into it.”

Real news, honest views. Stay informed with Sky News Australia. Watch or stream live on Foxtel.

Religion has driven Albert throughout his career, and he says the two forces have made him the man he is today.

“I grew up in the Church so that makes me happy, and when I’m happy, I play my best football,” he said, indicating he would play on Sundays if required.

“Football definitely hasn’t always been everything for me because I’ve always had God and family first. They give me the motivation to play footy.”

Still eligible for Jersey Flegg, Hopoate will be eased back in the lower grades with a hope of making his NRL debut at some stage this season.

It would be a wonderful story for a young man who has dealt with devastating injuries and would also add another chapter to his family’s career in footy, with Will and his father John combining for more than 350 first-grade appearances.

More Hopoate brothers, Jamil, Tevida, Bonny, Albert and Lehi all play rugby league.
More Hopoate brothers, Jamil, Tevida, Bonny, Albert and Lehi all play rugby league.
MORE NEWS

“I’m just doing me and not letting my last name pressure me. Playing footy is what makes me happy,” he said.

“I’m not giving up after a couple of setbacks, and I can tell you that I’ll be back bigger and better. Family and friends gave me a lot of perspective in life and told me things could be a lot worse because you see people going through hard things that make an injury like mine not seem that bad.

“I’m also really strong in my faith and that’s helped teach me there are other things in life, which is made easier when you have people supporting you.”

The Manly youngster was the third most popular player in KFC SuperCoach during last year’s pre-season before going down with an ACL injury – his second. And news he’s not due to return until Round 8 and be eased back through the lower grades means he won’t be a KFC SuperCoach option until late in the year, if at all in 2020. Still in the top 100 players so sell, sell, sell.

Albert Hopoate on NRL dreams and plans to undertake a Mormon mission
Manly rookie Albert Hopoate plans not only to follow his famous name into the NRL but also by embarking on a Mormon mission as part of the faith that plays such a strong role in his life.

Martin Gabor, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
February 27, 2020 4:16pm
Close
He’s the teenage sensation yet to make his NRL debut, but Albert Hopoate is already looking to follow in the footsteps of his famous family by embarking on a Mormon mission.

The Sea Eagles rookie exploded onto the scene in 2017 when he produced a miracle play from his own in-goal to set up Bradman Best to clinch a stunning win for NSW in the under-16s Origin against Queensland.

But his elevation from young gun to NRL mainstay has been stalled with the explosive centre suffering back-to-back season-ending knee injuries.

Hopoate is on the comeback trail and is eyeing a round eight return, but his stay in rugby league could be cut short soon as he prepares to embark on a Mormon mission like his brother Will did after he won a premiership with the Sea Eagles in 2011.

“My brother served a mission and that’s something I’ve always wanted to do as well,’ Hopoate told The Daily Telegraph.

“Young men from the age of 18 have the opportunity to serve a mission for two years, and it’s entirely up to you when you do it. It’s something I’m thinking of and definitely want to do.

“My main goal is to debut and make a name for myself, but then I want to go and do what my brother did. That’s what he did — he made a name for himself so when he came back it was easier to come back into it because he didn’t have to start from the bottom and work his way into it.”

Real news, honest views. Stay informed with Sky News Australia. Watch or stream live on Foxtel.

Religion has driven Albert throughout his career, and he says the two forces have made him the man he is today.

“I grew up in the Church so that makes me happy, and when I’m happy, I play my best football,” he said, indicating he would play on Sundays if required.

“Football definitely hasn’t always been everything for me because I’ve always had God and family first. They give me the motivation to play footy.”

Still eligible for Jersey Flegg, Hopoate will be eased back in the lower grades with a hope of making his NRL debut at some stage this season.

It would be a wonderful story for a young man who has dealt with devastating injuries and would also add another chapter to his family’s career in footy, with Will and his father John combining for more than 350 first-grade appearances.

MORE NEWS

“I’m just doing me and not letting my last name pressure me. Playing footy is what makes me happy,” he said.

“I’m not giving up after a couple of setbacks, and I can tell you that I’ll be back bigger and better. Family and friends gave me a lot of perspective in life and told me things could be a lot worse because you see people going through hard things that make an injury like mine not seem that bad.

“I’m also really strong in my faith and that’s helped teach me there are other things in life, which is made easier when you have people supporting you.”

The Manly youngster was the third most popular player in KFC SuperCoach during last year’s pre-season before going down with an ACL injury – his second. And news he’s not due to return until Round 8 and be eased back through the lower grades means he won’t be a KFC SuperCoach option until late in the year, if at all in 2020. Still in the top 100 players so sell, sell, sell.
You have to respect a person who has the tenacity to follow their passion
Good luck Albert
images (1).jpg

Good interview.

Great interview indeed @ The Who

Great to see Manly players ready to step up to another level and become a part of our clubs success

Manly fans also need to step up to another level and become part of our clubs success by becoming club members

ALL MANLY FANS REPRESENT THIS NRL CLUB MEMBERSHIP LADDER

LET US SHOW THE NRL WORLD HOW MUCH OUR CLUB MEANS TO US !!!

THERE IS A CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE TO SUIT EVERY PASSIONATE SEA EAGLE FAN

SHOW SOME PRIDE AND PASSION FOR OUR MANLY SEA EAGLES
DO IT TODAY !

573C537B-D0DD-4B0D-84AD-65EFFA12307D.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4