Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
STATEMENT FROM MANLY SEA EAGLES CEO STEPHEN HUMPHREYS

The past week has been very challenging.

The distress and offence caused to people with a disability and their loved ones by the language used by Addin Fonua-Blake on Sunday is totally unacceptable. Both Addin and the Club apologises unreservedly to the Disability Community for the offence caused.

Addin continues to acknowledge his mistake, express his remorse as well as his deep regret for what he did and he now fully understands the offence his words caused to so many people. He has also talked about his desire to repair the damage caused and to make amends for it as best he can. He has been working with the Club on specific ways in which he can best achieve this objective.

The NRL has now reached their final determination on the matter. Both Addin and the Club fully accept the NRL position without challenge or complaint.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, including Addin Fonua-Blake and all of his teammates, take great learning from this most regrettable experience but we can, and will, also use it as inspiration to become a strong and active advocate for the Disability Community and their Rights. In this way, we can again demonstrate all of the immensely positive attributes and capabilities of the great game of Rugby League.

We are a sport that welcomes and brings together participants from an incredibly diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We have a history of taking responsibility for our mistakes and have consistently shown that we learn from these mistakes and most importantly, can drive positive change that transcends well beyond the natural boundaries of Rugby League.

Everyone associated with the game should be proud of the way Rugby League supports its own through the difficult process of admitting their wrongs and then doing something positive to make amends for them. We don’t have a lowest common denominator approach with a sole focus on punitive measures. We have the courage to care more about our bigger role in society in the knowledge that our honesty, contrition, education and positive action are powerful agents of change.

We thank the NRL and the Acting CEO Andrew Abdo for their professionalism in the handling of this very difficult and sensitive matter. Addin and Club now welcome the responsibility of delivering on our commitments to make amends for the offence caused and to lead advocacy and change for the Disability Community more generally.

The annoying thing is that incidents like this can derail our season, even more so than one of Turbo’s annual injury scares.

The refs will have it in the back of their minds and the media, with the likes of Foreskin Face Fitzsimons leading the charge, will continue to have a field day at our club’s expense - unless these players start to wise up and remember that the 80th minute of a game is not the ideal time to try and snatch a victory.

This was posted by @ManEagle in a sub-forum that most of you Luddites probably don't even know exists so I think it bears re-posting here.

RIP

I also believe he was a member of this site

@mikem

Veteran teacher Michael Mulholland was farewelled at Panania’s St Christopher’s Catholic Church last week to the hymn On Eagles Wings … although made no secret he would have preferred be led out to the song Eagle Rock.

An educator at the Panania primary school for 31-years and the No 1 “unofficial” supporter of the Manly Sea Eagles, he passed away recently at the age of 70.

Tributes from both the Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans and coach Des Hasler were paid at the funeral as well as the club’s Chief Executive Officer Stephen Humphreys presented the family with the jersey worn in the last game he watched by his favourite player Tom Trbojevic.

Get amongst this to take your mind off the weekend

Very nice.
But this week I'd suggest the players would prefer to be wearing camouflage jerseys.

Froggy fronts media today

I do realise that they have to do these Wheelie but it would be nice for a few of them to be taking ownership of their own average performances.

I’m certain we’ll get one from the Captain and possibly Thommo saying “ we have to be better” but honestly I think most would rather not hear about how a guy is “ enjoying his role “ when most of us think he probably shouldn’t be there ( and yes I understand there’s no one else).

Perhaps when we are doing poorly Cuzzo should wind it back a little.

Yeah I know , we complain when they don’t and we complain when they do, but this week more than ever I reckon they should batten down , train like gladiators and say absolutely **** all!!

I do realise that they have to do these Wheelie but it would be nice for a few of them to be taking ownership of their own average performances.

I’m certain we’ll get one from the Captain and possibly Thommo saying “ we have to be better” but honestly I think most would rather not hear about how a guy is “ enjoying his role “ when most of us think he probably shouldn’t be there ( and yes I understand there’s no one else).

Perhaps when we are doing poorly Cuzzo should wind it back a little.

Yeah I know , we complain when they don’t and we complain when they do, but this week more than ever I reckon they should batten down , train like gladiators and say absolutely **** all!!
Yep. Questions were good but he looks like a broken man. I suspect the rest of the team are on the same sorry page.

Yep. Questions were good but he looks like a broken man. I suspect the rest of the team are on the same sorry page.
I’ll admit I didn’t watch it, was mainly talking about the headline.

I just sorta think it’s one of those “ bunker down us against the world “ moments.

We won without Tommy last year but I do realise we still had Api / Manase & Dylan, and they are big big losses.

I don’t expect a win now but it must be so hard to get thrashed every week and you’d think that would create some steel but we didn’t see any of that last weekend.

For 15 mins they looked good then ONE fateful pass and it all went to ****!!

Time to bunker down I reckon.

On going back to bench instead of starting 5/8 he said about 3 times, "It is what it is". I can't blame him for being unhappy about it but he had a chance in the Knights game and threw it away with some awful mistakes.
I actually like him as a player but he's got plenty of ground to make up, I suppose if he can stay fit for a change I wouldn't count him out completely.

On going back to bench instead of starting 5/8 he said about 3 times, "It is what it is". I can't blame him for being unhappy about it but he had a chance in the Knights game and threw it away with some awful mistakes.
I actually like him as a player but he's got plenty of ground to make up, I suppose if he can stay fit for a change I wouldn't count him out completely.
I think he’s a tryer , but I think he’s probably your good reserve grader who could be a fill in for an odd game but not much more.

I was truly amazed when we signed him for two more years.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4