Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleSI1

Reserve Grader
New Blues coach Michael Maguire is reportedly set to name Jake Trbojevic NSW all but confirming James Tedeso’s Origin exile

IMG_7112.jpeg

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Of course Tedesco could still be picked. He had a great game yesterday. But so did Dylan Edwards vs. Cronulla.

From the Michael Chammas’s and co. at the SMH:

Pinned post from 2.50pm

Jake Trbojevic set to be Blues new skipper​

Michael Maguire is set to make his first major call of NSW’s Origin campaign by handing Manly warhorse Jake Trbojevic the captaincy for game one of the series.

The Sea Eagles veteran is poised to take over from incumbent skipper James Tedesco as the Blues leader and start the series in the front row.

The move to install Trbojevic as his captain is the clearest indication yet that Tedesco is in danger of losing his fullback spot to Penrith’s Dylan Edwards.
Jake Trbojevic is set to be named as the Blues new Origin captain.

Jake Trbojevic is set to be named as the Blues new Origin captain.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS

Tedesco has been NSW skipper since midway through the 2020 series after replacing clubmate Boyd Cordner, and has played 22 straight games for the Blues as one of the state’s greatest ever fullbacks.

Trbojevic’s rise to lead NSW is set to pit him against Manly teammate and entrenched Queensland captain Daly Cherry-Evans.

Trbojevic, 30, has been a Blues regular throughout 16 appearances aside from his controversial axing by previous NSW coach Brad Fittler for game one, 2022, before being recalled for the following match.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
And more, same source:

3.37pm

Jake the great: Trbojevic’s leadership credentials​

So, Jake Trbojevic as captain - one of the biggest calls of Michael Maguire’s career, and in recent NSW history.

It remains to be seen if James Tedesco remains in the wider squad, but all indications are Dylan Edwards will get the nod as fullback and it’s unlikely an out and out No.1 will be carried as cover outside the Blues 17.

There’s also the question of whether a co-captain is needed given Trbojevic can play 80 minutes, but is no certainty to do so in the Origin furnace.

The Manly man has long been treasured by his teammates for his selfless and wholehearted approach to the game. As Andrew Webster wrote after Origin I in 2022, Brad Fittler and his coaching staff knew they’d made a mistake by axing Trbojevic, and rushed him back in for what was eventually a thumping win over Queensland in Perth.

He’s also one of the nicest people in the game, regularly whispering an apology to some poor opponent he’s just cut in half with a textbook tackle.
Tom and Jake Trbojevic celebrate the Blues’ Origin win in 2018.

Tom and Jake Trbojevic celebrate the Blues’ Origin win in 2018.CREDIT: GETTY

Without question, he’s a genuine leader. But Trbojevic has rarely captained given Daly Cherry-Evans has been in charge, and fit for pretty much all of his career at Manly.
Trbojevic first captained the Sea Eagles in 2016, just his second full season of NRL, standing in for Jamie Lyon.

In all, he’s captained the club 14 times - for five wins and nine losses, and last took charge in 2022 when Cherry-Evans was unavailable.

And for the record, Tedesco hadn’t captained a team at senior level at all when he took over as NSW skipper during the end-of-season 2020 Origin series after concussion ruled Boyd Cordner.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Thank you for posting @The Wheel
It Really does not get better than this .....

DCE the Jewel of the NRL is also the Dual Leader of the Mighty Manly Maroons and the Mighty State of Origin Maroons

The Dominant Maroon coloured jersey symbolizes Passion Confidence and Resilience and has proven over the years to also be more Dominant in Spirit than its pale blue counterpart that keeps fading into insignificance at the might of the Magnificent Maroon Aura

Maroon is the dominating color of fire and Passion
and Our Jewel / Dual Maroon Leader wears it well
1717120722953.png

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18