Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
KT.jpg

I'm actually warming to Brown, bit early for me to give him a nickname yet. For me, he was up there with the most despised Parra player for years. The one thing that Brown will bring in spades, aggression and mongrel.

I'm actually warming to Brown, bit early for me to give him a nickname yet.
He looks like a 45-year-old tradie struggling for breath during a leisurely game of OzTag up at the local oval, so I am not excited by his arrival.

When he was with other teams, I always just called him "F**kstick", but if we want a Manly-centric nickname, how about, "Not the Guy Who Slapped Trent Barrett"? Or maybe just, "The Other One"?

Off-field disgrace has contributed to what's been a horrendous career to date, considering he was identified at a very early age as a top front row talent.
I opposed Manly chasing him but he's here now and has a chance to do something worthwhile in the game. Not overly confident, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that he can make 2024 his best ever season.

I am actually excited about Brown and Lodge coming into our ranks. Both players unpredictable and yes have had issues off the field, but they both have a point to prove and will bring a much-needed injection of "tough guy" mentality to our squad. This element has arguably been missing in recent seasons. As long as they stay injury free, I am predicting they will provide a great foil to less overtly aggressive forwards such as Paseka, Jake and Lachlan. It's all about that elusive thing called chemistry. All the good sides have a "mongrel" or two in their pack.

I really want to see Jake fire up at someone other than the ref. I'm not talking about a blue. I Just want him to show a little passion, at those influential time in games, to show his disdain when he cuts a bloke in half or takes a hit, and then bam another team mate does the same then another. One game and one game only vs the Storm did we hunt as a pack in 23. One. Uno. 1.

Last edited:
I am actually excited about Brown and Lodge coming into our ranks. Both players unpredictable and yes have had issues off the field, but they both have a point to prove and will bring a much-needed injection of "tough guy" mentality to our squad.
They each have well over 100 NRL games, and experience is vital in NRL.
(but is often discounted around here, we've got plenty of folks that always prefer Player X (the next 19year old) because they may (might/possibly/hey-you-won't-know-if-you-don't-give-them-a-go) turn out to be a 'superstar'.) :)

He looks like a 45-year-old tradie struggling for breath during a leisurely game of OzTag up at the local oval, so I am not excited by his arrival.

When he was with other teams, I always just called him "F**kstick", but if we want a Manly-centric nickname, how about, "Not the Guy Who Slapped Trent Barrett"? Or maybe just, "The Other One"?
Well @Ron E. Gibbs , you could call him 'doosra' (if you don't mind a cricket term)...

They each have well over 100 NRL games, and experience is vital in NRL.
(but is often discounted around here, we've got plenty of folks that always prefer Player X (the next 19year old) because they may (might/possibly/hey-you-won't-know-if-you-don't-give-them-a-go) turn out to be a 'superstar'.) :)
The thing with forwards. They are generally at their absolute best only for a few years before they side down hill. When Sharks won the comp it was a mature group. But not long after Luke Lewis and Gallen not even playing.

An experienced pack is an advantage. As long as they aren't busted and still have that edge and drive about em.

The thing with forwards. They are generally at their absolute best only for a few years before they side down hill. When Sharks won the comp it was a mature group. But not long after Luke Lewis and Gallen not even playing.

An experienced pack is an advantage. As long as they aren't busted and still have that edge and drive about em.
Andrew Fifita was the best forward in the game that year and probably should've retired along with Lewis and Gallen.

Luke Lewis was aged 33 when he won the GF with the Sharks and already had over 300 games at NRL and rep.
Gallen was aged 35, and also had over 300.
Lewis played 2 full seasons after that, Gallen 3!
But I agree, those 2 were the exception, a lot of forwards start to decline from about 30. (Brown turns 31 next March)

I really want to see Jake fire up at someone other than the ref. I'm not talking about a blue. I Just want him to show a little passion, at those influential time in games, to show his disdain when he cuts a bloke in half or takes a hit, and then bam another team mate does the same then another. One game and one game only vs the Storm did we hunt as a pack in 23. One. Uno. 1.
Love to see that also. Sadly, I suspect it's just not in his DNA!! All round nice guy.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -60 8