Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fan appreciation? After the season they've dished up?

Chelsea finished mid table last season, and were so ashamed they cancelled the fan appreciation day and player awards, because they didn't want to offend the members and fans as it wasn't acceptable or good enough.

That's called emotional intelligence, and situational awareness. Manly hosting a fan appreciation day? Wow.

As a fan, I give my heart and soul to a club. I support them through thick and thin, good times and bad. I defend them (sometimes beyond rationality). I shell out money to travel and buy tickets and watch matches.

At the end of each season, the VERY LEAST a club can do is say 'thank you' or take the time to recognise the fans. The fans who MAKE THE GAME.

It is called FAN APPRECIATION. Not PLAYER APPRECIATION. It is players and the club THANKING FANS.

Come on mate. I know you like to take a contrary stance on things sometimes to generate conversation. But even for you,. this one feels a bridge too far.

If anything, they should make a BIGGER effort to thank the fans after a bad season (bad i your eyes at least).

Also - if you are going to post a link, make sure you read the article. Chelsea cancelled their awards night and instead presented the awards IN FRONT OF THEIR FANS before the last home game of the season instead at some glitzy awards night.

As a fan, I give my heart and soul to a club. I support them through thick and thin, good times and bad. I defend them (sometimes beyond rationality). I shell out money to travel and buy tickets and watch matches.

At the end of each season, the VERY LEAST a club can do is say 'thank you' or take the time to recognise the fans. The fans who MAKE THE GAME.

It is called FAN APPRECIATION. Not PLAYER APPRECIATION. It is players and the club THANKING FANS.

Come on mate. I know you like to take a contrary stance on things sometimes to generate conversation. But even for you,. this one feels a bridge too far.

If anything, they should make a BIGGER effort to thank the fans after a bad season (bad i your eyes at least).

Also - if you are going to post a link, make sure you read the article. Chelsea cancelled their awards night and instead presented the awards IN FRONT OF THEIR FANS before the last home game of the season instead at some glitzy awards night.
I'd appreciate it if they gave the Members that freebie 4 Pines beer on Friday night, that I keep banging on about. @:D 🍺

No, Chelsea also cancelled the fan appreciation day, and awards night out of respect for the fans - look it up. They said they didn't want to do a lap given how terrible the performances throughout the year were.

It's about situational awareness.

If our team appreciated the fans, they'd play every game asked of them. They'd remain fit. They'd try and change the culture. They'd lay off the booze (and I know more here than I'm willing to share).

Our team is currently full of mercenaries. Even Mark agrees with that ! It's a stark change from the players of old who took paycuts to remain together (and I've literally seen actual contracts from our club doing that) - players this fanbase bag mind you.

The only authentic way this team can show real thanks now, in my view, is wins. Winning 30-40% of your games (5 in the last 15) doesn't do it for me, sorry. That's two consecutive years.

The Sad reality of another Non Manly Finals appearance

All top 8 finals teams will be playing for the finals Trophy

and once again All Manly people will be playing with them selves
Some more than others 🤣🤣🤣I could name s few but don't want to sound bias 🤣🤣🤣👍💯

The Sad reality of another Non Manly Finals appearance

All top 8 finals teams will be playing for the finals Trophy

and once again All Manly people will be playing with them selves
Sounds like you need to get a hobby, Bozo.

Fan appreciation? After the season they've dished up?

Chelsea finished mid table last season, and were so ashamed they cancelled the fan appreciation day and player awards, because they didn't want to offend the members and fans as it wasn't acceptable or good enough.

That's called emotional intelligence, and situational awareness. Manly hosting a fan appreciation day? Wow.

Well I appreciate that it ended a lot better than the end of last year.

…. And with a change in coach and the clear split in the religious beliefs of the team I didn’t expect us to finish in the top 8 even though I hoped we would.

Just sayin’

Situational awareness, sorry Ryan I think you’d be the only person upset about this situation mate

The 8 years olds that idolise the likes of Jake and DCE, who visibly try their guts out every week, will hugely appreciate the opportunity to get up close and personal with their heroes, and inspire them in some way, whether they have won 2 games or 22 games won’t matter an ounce to them

Well I appreciate that it ended a lot better than the end of last year.

…. And with a change in coach and the clear split in the religious beliefs of the team I didn’t expect us to finish in the top 8 even though I hoped we would.

Just sayin’
The split in religious beliefs only becomes a divisive factor if the club is dumb enough to make it one. I think that lesson has been well and truly learned at this point.

No, Chelsea also cancelled the fan appreciation day, and awards night out of respect for the fans - look it up. They said they didn't want to do a lap given how terrible the performances throughout the year were.

It's about situational awareness.

If our team appreciated the fans, they'd play every game asked of them. They'd remain fit. They'd try and change the culture. They'd lay off the booze (and I know more here than I'm willing to share).

Our team is currently full of mercenaries. Even Mark agrees with that ! It's a stark change from the players of old who took paycuts to remain together (and I've literally seen actual contracts from our club doing that) - players this fanbase bag mind you.

The only authentic way this team can show real thanks now, in my view, is wins. Winning 30-40% of your games (5 in the last 15) doesn't do it for me, sorry. That's two consecutive years.
Time for a lie down.

Gotta pace yourself, the off season will be long and you've already really worn out that "won x in the last xx games" trope.

Time for a lie down.

Gotta pace yourself, the off season will be long and you've already really worn out that "won x in the last xx games" trope.
Yeah, how ridiculous of me to consider wins and losses in sports & the team. Let's all talk about the shade of white of our shorts instead all off season.

May as well, that would be a stark improvement on most of the crap that gets posted on here each off season.

Well here's my take. Take the nappy looking things off, and go back to the snugger fitting maroon shorts to get with the times. I thought they looked much better.

I just hope the interest here doesn't die as quickly as the official media releases on Instagram and Twitter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8