Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah you're probably right, although it does highlight a vulnerability, lack of depth in hooker/halves
Overall, (across all three positions) it definitely does. Considering, that out of the ten total players (DCE, Schuster, Weekes, Croker, Lawton, Humphries, Johns, Wilson, Roache, Fainu), two are injured, two are trial and replacement, two more are not even in the development squad yet, that yes our depth does look sketchy.

Last edited:
It’d be great to see a few posters down at 4 Pines on Saturday! Good chance to meet up and chat about what I’m pretty confident will be an exciting season!

Staff are really looking forward to the day, make sure if you run into any of them (particularly Cuzzo!), that you do say Gday!

It’d be great to see a few posters down at 4 Pines on Saturday! Good chance to meet up and chat about what I’m pretty confident will be an exciting season!

Staff are really looking forward to the day, make sure if you run into any of them (particularly Cuzzo!), that you do say Gday!
Wish I was still in Sydney to go to this, sounds like a great day.

Looking forward to a few Silvertailers posting a selfie with Cuzzo

Overall, (across all three positions) it definitely does. Considering, that out of the ten total players (DCE, Schuster, Weekes, Croker, Lawton, Humphries, Johns, Wilson, Roache, Fainu), two are injured, two are trial and replacement, two more are not even in the development squad yet, that yes our depth does look sketchy.
6 Schuster, back up Weekes
7 Cherry-Evans, back up Johns
9 Croker, back up Chan Kum Tong

Fainu and Wilson won't play grade this year, but Roache, Humphreys, and Lawton to add further depth upon returning from injury. Considering DCE isn't generally out injured much, I'd say we are really no more vulnerable than most other teams. Biggest issue with our depth is the majority are really green

Regarding these three stats

1. Post-contact metres.
I think this stat is overrated, although it is an indicator of forward power and the impact of outside backs when running the ball pack. I think quick play the balls and offloads are more important for offensive momentum than post-contact metres. We need to greatly improve in both these facets of play.

2. Set restarts.
Definitely needs to be fixed by better ball security & not conceding dumb penalties.

3. Protect the ball
Needs improving. Offensively, Sipley is our best 'ball stealer'. Surely others like Schuster can hone up on this skill. Personally, I'd like to see stripping outlawed as it slows the game down with more penalties given away from unsuccessful strips than there are successful strips. At least, the rule should be modified to only allow strips in one on one tackles.

Regarding these three stats

1. Post-contact metres.
I think this stat is overrated, although it is an indicator of forward power and the impact of outside backs when running the ball pack. I think quick play the balls and offloads are more important for offensive momentum than post-contact metres. We need to greatly improve in both these facets of play.

2. Set restarts.
Definitely needs to be fixed by better ball security & not conceding dumb penalties.

3. Protect the ball
Needs improving. Offensively, Sipley is our best 'ball stealer'. Surely others like Schuster can hone up on this skill. Personally, I'd like to see stripping outlawed as it slows the game down with more penalties given away from unsuccessful strips than there are successful strips. At least, the rule should be modified to only allow strips in one on one tackles.
Regarding Set Restarts, a lot of momentum lost due to only 2 in tackle. This single change may prove to have a hugely positive impact on our winning back the ruck and not giving away 6 agains

Regarding Set Restarts, a lot of momentum lost due to only 2 in tackle.
This was Des's tactic to allow the defensive line to reset quickly. This may have been effective to some extent in 2021, but it wasn't effective in 2022. It should have been evaluated and modified early last season, but unfortunately, this didn't happen.

Those three stats are red herrings. Bad defence (poor line-speed plus a lack of communication), poor discipline and one-out attack stood out for me as the glaring problems in 2022. That journo has no clue.
Yeah, not so sure about this, however, if I was the coach, I'd be very tempted to blow that 1st paragraph up and stick next to all the forwards change areas. Maybe Garrick should - altho, he probably wants to be fit for the first round - so maybe not.

In 2021 we had four players ranked in the top 50 for post-contact metres

22. Garrick
30. Paseka
35. Olakau'tu

Can you remember which Manly player was ranked 7th?

Taupau:1,372 post-contact metres, 26 games

In 2021 we had four players ranked in the top 50 for post-contact metres

22. Garrick
30. Paseka
35. Olakau'tu

Can you remember which Manly player was ranked 7th?

Taupau:1,372 post-contact metres, 26 games
Yeah but he had zero pre contact metres

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4