Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And one last thing - Cuzzo said now that the 'old contacts' have gone, the media aren't going to publish stories before Manly do.
This is important. Let's hope it continues.
In a well-run organization, there has to be a defined PR point of contact, which is the only one used. Multiple sources talking to the media always leads to multiple problems internally and externally.

The Fan Day was awesome, very well organised (apart from lack of an outdoor PA) and very well attended, considering the heat. Here's a bit of a summary.

Saw the firsts training, they all looked sharp and appeared to be being conditioned for the heat in the forthcoming few weeks. Seibs spoke to them at the end and then they all high-fived each other (may not be unusual but I thought it was a nice touch).

Next were 2 Q&A sessions in the Members' Lounge for (all) members only - the 1st with Seibs, DCE and Jake. Apparently the 2nd was with Seibs, DCE and Reuben. There were many Q&A's. Seibs spoke very well and answered some curly questions (eg his time at Brisbane) from members impressively. Another question was about coaching with Eddie Jones and he said he gained much knowledge from him. He also told EJ to keep his hands off Koula! Has focused a lot in the offseason on 'togetherness'.

DCE answered a question about who's impressed him in the offseason by saying Koula and Cooper Johns. Is also going to miss his good friend and former teammate in Foz but is looking forward to seeing some new players step up and get their chance.

Jake spoke with a slightly emotional voice about the highlight of his career being round 9 in 2022 when the 3 brothers were named and played in the starting side against the Tigers and Ben scored 2 tries.

The local clubs had tents set-up in the park behind Brookie and the players who are local juniors were in their respective tents signing and having photos with the fans. Other non-local players mingled with the fans. I have to say all the players were very well behaved, friendly, accommodating and grateful for our support and good wishes. Many players in last night's trial game were there and all the lower grade/trial & replacement/fringe players were so pleased that we actually knew who they were and talked to them on their progress and hopes for the future.

Well done Manly!

PS I'm not in any of the Fan Day photos but I did manage to briefly talk to Cuzzo (who hosted the Q&A). I asked him how Fletcher Myers is but he said he hadn't heard. My son praised him for all the informative articles on players and offseason activities he has published. Cuzzo also mentioned how 'open' Seibold is with himself, the media and players' availability to the media. And one last thing - Cuzzo said now that the 'old contacts' have gone, the media aren't going to publish stories before Manly do.
Thanks for sharing @ALinda

All our clubs fan/ player events are exciting
Always memorable occasions

I am Glad you had the opportunity to meet our Media Manager Cuzzo
and I am sure you agree that he is a Great Manly Man

Yes, it is, but we do have Harrydyn Wilson and Latu Fainu coming through the ranks as cover for the medium term. Kaeo Weekes gives us another immediate option in the halves. Croker originally is a half/five-eight, as is Lawton (not back until round ten). We have GCKT and Roache to cover hooker if Croker has to go into the halves in the short term (Johns also an option). We also get Humphries back in round three or four. I think we can manage.....barely
PS Nathanial Roache also mostly played five-eight, centre and halfback before being converted to a hooker by Warriors Coach Andrew McFadden.
From the horse's mouth today...Lawton said he'll definitely be ready to return in round 3.

In the past he's not only played half/five-eight, he's also played centre and utility and came from the Titans having played hooker. In other words, he's played a number of positions and can be very handy, if he stays uninjured.

This is a quote that Defines peoples character under Pressure
A MEASURE OF A MAN IS NOT HOW HE ACTS WHEN THINGS GO SMOOTHLEY
BUT HOW HE ACTS WHEN HE IS CHALLENGED

The Great thing about embracing pressure is that it can pump you up and make you more determined to succeed

This season presents a great opportunity for Seibold and the Sea eagle playing group
to embrace the Challege and grow from strength to strength into a dynamic premiership winning force

May the force be with our Courageous Manly Men
Bring on the NRL season !

Manly Sea Eagles 2023 NRL Team Wall Calendar | SavvySupporter

So good to see our membership number is well up from last year at this stage of the year. 10,749 up to a healthy 12,607. Great to see the fans wanting to back the new regime.

I have a feeling in my bones that we are going to do a lot better than is forecast. As we love it, under the radar and ready to strike!

1D166758-50E8-48BE-97B1-100FDDA262C0.jpeg

one more day to go.

this could be the second time in my lifetime the super bowl could be won by my NFL team.

fly eagles fly.

Last edited:
Thank you @The Wheel

A well organised Great Carnival fan day atmosphere

But Nothing honours our Legendary club and fans more than a Grand final Victory

and Living up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of excellence as the Greatest club of all !

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

So good to see our membership number is well up from last year at this stage of the year. 10,749 up to a healthy 12,607. Great to see the fans wanting to back the new regime.
It is indeed great to see an increase in club membership
Thanks to all the passionate Manly fans and we hope the trend continues

Glad the souths guy lost
I can't believe Mailata, who grew up playing rugby league, can enjoy playing pat-a-cake as a blocker. He must relish the old days of actually touching the football and running with it. Now he just stands as a protective wall and pushes away opponents who try to get to his quarterback.
Mind you, the $90m salary would help ease all longings about his ld sport.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6