Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Weekes could feature anywhere from wing to even romming forward or hooker and also 6.
Vaega would of benefited for full off season program with squad
Weekes is a 5/8 or Fullback. These Ideas of him being a starting centre, wing or backup hooker/middle are just Silvertails pre season delusions. He is very talented but I don't see him starting outside of injury/suspension. Vaega has had 1 good trial and 1 ordinary start in 1st grade. Both are great depth but won't get many games unless more experienced players can't play.

Weekes is a 5/8 or Fullback. These Ideas of him being a starting centre, wing or backup hooker/middle are just Silvertails pre season delusions. He is very talented but I don't see him starting outside of injury/suspension. Vaega has had 1 good trial and 1 ordinary start in 1st grade. Both are great depth but won't get many games unless more experienced players can't play.
The wonders of perception

We all see different feathered friend

Vaegas debut was not just good it was sensational with 3 slashing tries
His start to 1st grade was solid in a losing side . He never lost his composure

Weeks has the pace and flair to play anywhere

I see more than depth in these players that are ready to challenge for a top spot

I could see the idea of Weekes playing on the wing or in the centres, Plenty of players that come up through the grades are fullbacks that make there debut on the wing , Minachello was one even laterell did Suali at the present even our Koula did last season . So it's a possibility . If there got the talent they can play anywhere

Disagree I see him as utility off bench. If we think we continue to roll out ordinary footballers like Parker and Harper we will never improve

Disagree I see him as utility off bench. If we think we continue to roll out ordinary footballers like Parker and Harper we will never improve
Weeks is versatile and would also make a great utility I agree

As for Parker and Harper
There is improvement in everyone and every ones DNA capabilities can only take them so far
I would rather fly with flyers likes Koula and Garrick

The difference is , he won’t be being “ white anted “ from inside this time , FOGS whispering in the players ears telling them their coach is crap , and former players doing all they could to destroy what he was trying to achieve so that their mate “ Kevvie “ could get a gig.

That should make a huge difference, he’ll be much better this time.
Come on mate. This is Manly. Won't be white anted by ex players just the owner. Not sure which is worse.

We'll see I guess. Eventually the bell will toll for the current top team. Just depends is its quick or slow. Results will show.

I did mention he is very Acrobatic which means he is very mobile
His dominance in strength and power to break tackles compensates for that extra yard in speed

Weekes is also a great contender for sure
Looking forward to the trials
I am sure all our players have plenty to prove
Well seems by sounds and those 2 media interviews with Schuster and Garrick yesterday, Reuben playing centres. So I say it is between Weekes and Vaega for that flank spot until Saab is fit.

Hey Will - so where do you see him playing if Turbo and Shu stay on the park and are killing it? Coz unless he starts playing 1st Grade, he could be off to another club.

Well seems by sounds and those 2 media interviews with Schuster and Garrick yesterday, Reuben playing centres. So I say it is between Weekes and Vaega for that flank spot until Saab is fit.
I took the complete opposite from the Garrick article, I think he starts the season on the wing till Saab returns.

“I definitely want to switch to the centres,” Garrick said.

“Whether that happens straight away or not depends on how the backline sits with injuries and stuff like that for the start of the season, but I would love to play there."

Mentioned previously that Weekes and or his manager are probably keeping their options open as well before extending his Manly career and as well from the club's perspective . Maybe the club has already made some overtures for him to extend his current contract . Then that nagging concern that he could have the potential to develop into a Nicko Hynes type level player . Guess at this stage , probably a matter of if he could be an improvement in certain positions . Obviously would not include full back with Turbo available . Does he have the all round skills to possibly do better as a 6 then The Shu . Bit of an open question at present . Better then Parker or Harper to hold down a centre spot with Koula , very possible . Wing , not sure if he would provide the best value there . Utility and bench , maybe in the short term but with some limitations in the middle Obviously able to take up any other offers elsewhere now , sure that on most indications his main preference would be to get the opportunity to try and establish himself as a Manly i st grader . Probably will be determined in the not too distant future .

I wouldnt be too closed minded to Weekes in the 14. Papy and Hynes had great success in that role.

Also look at Connor Watson, he is 3cm shorter and a kg lighter than Kaeo
Really could not see Kaeo comfortable or really doing that well or suited as a 13 or 9 . Same previously with Papy and Hynes or in the early stages of their careers . Don't watch a lot of Conner but he seems to have a different type of playing style and role suitability and particularly for the middle . Might also get very limited opportunity just being a back line bench sub as well . Bit of a hole to fill with Walks moving on , talented as he no doubt is , really can not see Kaeo replicating that role .

Really could not see Kaeo comfortable or really doing that well or suited as a 13 or 9 . Same previously with Papy and Hynes or in the early stages of their careers . Don't watch a lot of Conner but he seems to have a different type of playing style and role suitability and particularly for the middle . Might also get very limited opportunity just being a back line bench sub as well . Bit of a hole to fill with Walks moving on , talented as he no doubt is , really can not see Kaeo replicating that role .
Something else to remember is Club selected Weekes to come off the bench and play 9 in rainbow gate.

So hard to see NRL months later accepting that Weekes is not a 9 option inside our 30.

So although Lawmans is out injured, with Froggy's fit, unless Weekes has a starting spot in the 13, his availability is likely to prevent the club calling upon, current Non 30 players like GCKT, Humphrey's, Johns, and Roache to be an option at 9.

Still at least one spot in 30 to be filled.

But unless it changes may be no other option for back up 9 than weeks for first 2 months of the comp.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2